Chapter 15.

Level up.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The movie was fun, she laughed way more than she wanted to. She couldn’t help it, Korean kdrama’s and movies were a bit more dramatic than she was used to. And let’s not mention the kiss scenes, those were sometimes cringy, but nonetheless, she liked it.

‘’Did you like the movie? I know it’s not something you are used to’’ they made their way out of the room.

‘’I liked it actually, even though it’s not something I am used to’’. They threw their empty boxes and bottles in the trash can, and made their way towards the exit.

‘’Wait, I want to show you something’’ Jaebum took Gina’s hand and together they started walking to the elevator. They made it in time, before the elevator closed its doors. There were only two older women in it. Jaebum bowed to them, while still holding Gina’s hand. She copied his movements, knowing that it’s a sign of respect.

One of the women said something in Korean to Jaebum, which obviously Gina couldn’t understand. He laughed shyly and started scratching the back of his neck nervously. Gina thought that he looked cute doing that, it made her even more curious to know what the woman asked him.

He replied and at that moment the elevator stopped. The women get off while they both smiled to the boy and girl.

‘’So, what did they ask?’’ Gina asked while the door closed.

‘’They asked if we were a couple’’ he shrugged it off, pretending that it didn’t bother him.

‘’What did you reply?’’ she asked before she even could stop herself. She felt stupid for asking him.

‘’I won’t tell you’’ he replied with a grin on his face. She decided to forget it, but wanted to ask him one more question.

‘’Why did they even ask us in the first place? I mean, we really don’t look like a couple’’

‘’Maybe because we are holding hands the second that we walked into the elevator?’’ he started laughing at her confused look. She looked at their intertwined hands, and totally forgot about the fact that he was holding her hand. She was about to let go, before Jaebum grabbed her hand firmer.

‘’Don’t’’ he said softly. ‘’I love holding your hand’’ he looked at her and smiled shyly. She just nodded, not knowing that to say.

They arrived at their designated floor and it turned out to be the roof. They walked out of the elevator and walked towards the roof. There was the biggest rose garden she had ever seen. She thought it looked beautiful and she couldn’t believe her eyes. There were all kind of different roses, arranged beautifully. The lights that were set up in different spots, made it even more romantic. She walked towards one of the flower arrangements and smelled the flowers.

Jaebum felt happy he chose the place. He could’ve chosen any kind of movie theatre’s but he felt this was the best one. This particular theatre, Sky Rose Garden, is actually a popular date spot for couples. It had a romantic vibe to it, and he was really curious to see how Gina would react to it. He even had the fear that she would’ve thought that it was kind of weird to bring her here. But judging her reaction, he felt at ease. He quickly took a picture of her, putting it in his bag before she could see it. Right after he did it, Gina turned around with a big smile on her face. He wished he could’ve taken a picture of that.

‘’Jaebum, this place is beautiful!’’ she happily said. He was happy that she reacted that way. He felt a weight lift off his shoulder.

‘’Can I borrow your camera for a moment?’’ he nodded, carefully taking his camera out of his bag, making sure that Gina didn't see the pictures he took off her.

‘’There you go’’ he handed her the camera, and she went off to take some pictures. After a few minutes she handed him the camera back.

‘’I will buy you a new roll, because I feel like I wasted yours, sorry’’ she did take a lot of pictures, which wasn’t her plan in the first place.

‘’It’s fine, I have a few in my bag’’ he was happy that he took his camera with him. Seeing her so happy, made his knees weak. He felt like he saw a whole new side of her.

Suddenly, it started raining. They quickly took shelter inside the theatre, already wet from the pouring rain. Gina was shivering, because she actually forgot her jacket at home.

‘’Here, wear mine’’ Jaebum saw how she was shivering from the cold, so he took his jacket off. The jacket was laid around her shoulders, before she even could reject his offer.

‘’Thanks’’ she mumbled softly. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter