Chapter 16.

Level up.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘’Let’s eat!’’ she put the last plate on the table and took place next to him. She made stir fried chicken with rice. It was the safest thing to do, because she cooked this meal very often at home. She hoped that Jaebum would like it as well.

Jaebum immediately started eating, somehow Gina wasn’t surprised with his actions. She was used to this so she started eating as well.

She was happy that her food turned amazing. It is a dish she had made often back at home, but still, there were times when she even messed up this simple dish. But luckily this time it was eatable. She hoped that Jaebum would love it as well. He was used to other kinds of food and she wished she made some authentic Korean food for him, but she knew that she would’ve messed that up. So she stick with something she knew from scratch.

‘’It’s great!’’ Jaebum said after he finished half of his bowl. Gina was really happy that he liked the food that she made for him, but didn’t show it to him. She just happily nodded to him.

‘’But I do miss some sidedishes, so I give you a 6 out of 10’’ he playfully said. He actually loved the food she made and somehow he fantasized about him coming home from a hard day at work and finding Gina in the kitchen, cooking him something. It sounded ridiculous but it made him all fuzzy inside.

Gina punched his arm for his remark and she actually felt quite sad that he didn’t like it that much. She knew that he wanted something more Korean and she felt like she failed him.

Jaebum saw her look and felt immediately guilty. He just wanted to lighten up the mood a bit, but he actually did the opposite. That wasn’t the plan at all.

‘’I was just joking, Gina. It’s really good!’’

‘’Really? I mean I am not the best cook or anything but still, I tried my best’’ she said the last bit in a whisper, more to herself than to Jaebum.

He put his plate on the table and took Gina’s both hands in his. She didn’t expect this at all.

‘’You know me well enough that I like too joke a lot’’ he said while her hands with his thumbs.

She knew deep down that he was joking and she didn’t know why she felt a bit sad. But she never thought that he would take it that serious. It felt a bit awkward right now and she was not sure how she could tell him this without making it even more awkward.

‘’It’s okay, I am not mad or sad or anything’’ she quickly said, not wanting to make him more uncomfortable.

‘’Okay, that’s great. I mean I don’t want you to think that I am this kind of jerk that doesn’t appreciate what you do’’

‘’It’s really okay, let’s finish up our food, shall we?’’ she wanted to get this over with quickly, because she couldn’t handle how Jaebum looked at her. Somehow she just stared back at him, feeling like she couldn’t move. His hands squeezed her hands more, as if he was encouraging himself to do something.

‘’Let’s just finish what I wanted to do back on the roof’’ he whispered and he leaned it. Gina couldn’t believe what was happening. Jaebum’s eyes was closed and he was leaning in closer towards her face. She closed her eyes, preparing herself for what was about to come. She could feel his breath on her lips and before it could happen, she heard the door behind open rather hard. Jaebum quickly backed down, pretending that nothing happened.

Gina quickly turned around to see what happened, what could’ve ruined her first kiss.

‘’Oh I am so sorry! I didn’t know you were here!’’ Soyun was looking at Gina with a worried look. She knew what damage she had done and it was totally unintentional.

Gina just sighed and quietly laughed to herself. Of course something like this had to happen on a day like this.

‘’And I even texted you beforehand’’ Soyun  was afraid that her friend would be mad at her.

‘’It’s okay, I think I left my phone back in the kitchen’’ she wanted to introduce Jaebum to Soyun, but when she looked at him, he was already standing.

‘’It’s okay, I actually have to leave. I actually got a text from the boys saying that we have practice in an hour so I have to leave’’ and before Gina could say something, he left the dorm. She was surprised at what just happened, he just left without saying anything. She didn’t want to think about it.

‘’I can’t believe what was about to happen’’ Soyun said and she quickly took place next to Gina.

‘’Before you ruined it!’’ Gina let herself fall back on the couch, rethinking the moment that just happened a few minutes ago. She and Jaebum almost kissed and that had to mean something. She was almost sure that Jaebum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter