Letter

Hana

 

'My life ' 

"What was that?! I can't hear you!"  

The boy kicked his rib hard, and he heard a sharp crack; the pain that flooded soon after confirmed that his rib had broken. He gasped involenterily, suffocating from the sudden lack of oxygen running to his heart. The group of boys circled the poor victim lying on the floor, laughing menacingly. Finally, after they were satisfied, they threw the money in front of the boy, just out of his reach.

A broken rib, bruises and cuts.They were harsh this time.

Kyungsoo leant against the wall.His vision blurred in and out of focus, but he was determined to stay consious.The taste of his own blood was not new to him, yet it still made him uncomfortable. 'I just want to be dead'.

'Really? Why don't you just kill yourself, in that case?' said the boy hunched in front of him, looking down at his pitiful self.

Closing his eyes to the taunting voice, Kyungsoo tried to stand on his feet but still needed to lean against the wall for support. Putting his whole weight on the wall, he walk slowly and painfully to his house. Luckly, it was night by now, and few people remained in his neighbourhood; he could go unnoticed.

 

"Do you need help, Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo was at the door when his neighbour walk past his house. ...All I really need is a shower and a good night's sleep, he thought. "Did you do that crazy job again?" 

Ignoring him, Kyungsoo opened the front door and left the neighbour outside. He didn't care anymore, about anything, because he felt too exhausted; so spent that he could collapse at any given moment. As soon as he entered his room, he sunk into the warm matress and closed his eyes; he was too tired to wash, change, or to even pull the sheets to cover himself. Though the white bedsheets beneath were already beginning to get tainted with his blood, he really didn't give anymore. All he wanted right now was to forget about everything, forget about the world, just for a moment.

 

*

 

Sunlight entered the room, shining through the tiny holes and gaps in the walls, reaching in through the windows. The black shirt he'd donned himself with hid the dry blood, but the rib would take a long time to heal. Kyungsoo looked at the blue-sky ceiling for hours before finally forcing himself to the bathroom. The cold water made him wince in pain as it splashed on his once milky, now bruised skin. Sitting in the tub, he watched the water slowly turn red. He wanted to cry, to let everything outr.

But he just sat there.

 

A knock on the door grabs his attention away from the breakfast before him. Fresh from the bath, all he wanted to do was to eat his breakfast and get on with the day. He ignored the relentless knocking and continue to eat. He was sure whoever it was, they will give up eventually. Like everyone did.

Eventually, the knocker did give up and silence filled the house once again.

 

Taking a final look around the house, Kyungsoo gathered his things, getting ready to be on his way to school. He opened the door and steped out, his foot trampling a rustling peice of paper -a letter- on his door step. He picked it up and looked on both sides of the envelope it was stuffed into. Nothing was written on it. Kyungsoo was about to open when his neighbour greeted him:

"It's looks like I'm right, you've gone and done it again!" 

Kyungsoo looked at his neighbour's disgusted face, as he continued: "You would do anything as long as people pay you. Beat you, you. Don't you have any love for your life?"

Kyungsoo just turned a deaf ear and left his neighbour with his crazy talk. What did he know about him? He knew nothing!

 

*

 

"Hey, wanna go watching movie tonight?" Youngmin asked the kids seated around him. Instantly the room filled with their laughter and chatter as the students nodded their heads enthusiastically. But in the middle of all the noise, Kyungsoo sat alone, excluded.
He prefered it that way.

The teacher's sudden arrival cut short the gossip and laughing. Jaejoong-saeng always gave a negative vibe to the students but he was also one of the most popular teachers of the year. Kyungsoo wasn't surprised; Jaejoong was both handsome and a sweet talker.

Lessons started after a few announcements on the day's attendance -and guess who held the record of being absent for a whole week straight?
That's right.
Kim Jongin.

The lessons were boring like always yet Kyungsoo still took notes on whatever the teacher said. Why did he go to school if not to study? He spend his whole day at school reading and sleeping.

School ended just as he awoke. Everybody around him was prepared to go home, yet Kyungsoo was tempted to stay behind a little longer. That's when his mind floated back to letter from that morning, and Kyungsoo finally decided to take a closer look at it. He gazed at the envelope before opening it.

A white paper with messy handwritting on it.

Kyungsoo read it, his face showing no emotion at all. 

When he reached the end of the letter, he simply stood up, took his bag and walk out from the classroom. All these years, he had been alone. So why now? He'd left him and now.....

Why don't just left me alone?

 

Kyungsoo, in his own world, didn't see where he was going; maybe that's why he bumped into a stranger. He realised only when he fell to the ground, a sharp pain in his old bruise making him whince. Kyungsoo looked up to see who towered before him and it's....

 

 


I'm going to stop..because Im sleepie~

Mianhaeyo Fikah~