The humiliation

How you saved a fool

 

2 weeks later

Diary entry

That encounter with Mr Panda was something I could never forget. I didn't expect myself to actually tell him about that. When he told me to tell him my problems, I just told him with no hesitation.   During that short period of time when I was with him, it took away all the pain  and humiliation I  felt. Is he the one who is supposed to pull me out of this? The sad thing is that I never got to see him again. Unknowingly, I would always return back to the place where we first met. I still played with the children there and from them, I heard that Panda's really busy. They don't get to see him often either. It's just funny how I can't get him out of my head. Sigh… Mr Panda!!!! I wanna see you again!!! How could you just barge into my life and just disappear!!!

I drew a little panda on the bottom of the page.

"Mr Panda, come back and pull me out of this…"

"Minhae-ah, get down for breakfast!" My mum called.

I quickly kept my diary, grabbed my bag and headed for breakfast.

-

I dread this moment the most. The moment when I have to drag my foot to walk into the school. Since when did I start dreading school so much? Oh the moment when I foolishly went to do something stupid and got myself into a huge mess.

"Well done Minhae…" I sighed.

"MINHAE AH!!!!!!!!!!" A familiar scream buzzed into my ears.

I turned around to see Hyomin with a killer stare.

"H…Hey Hyomin. You're back from holidays?" I tried to smile.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ANYTHING! HOW DARE YOU TRY TO KEEP THIS FROM ME! WHAT IF THOSE GIRLS BEAT YOU UP OR SOMETHING!!! STUPID GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My poor ears…

"Hyomin-ah calm down. I'm okay aren't I?

"I was so worried when  I heard it…" Hyomin hugged me.

Hyomin is rather protective towards me. Maybe it's because I'm such a fool?

"Hyomin-ah, I'm sorry, I didn't want to get you involved…"

Hyomin released me from her arms and stared at me.

"Bring me to him. NOW!" She said.

"Hyomin-ah, let's just forget about this ok? I've already made a fool of myself…" I said.

"I have to teach that guy a lesson!!" She said.

"I was already humiliated by him. I really don't want to see him anymore…" I whispered.

"But you can’t just let them get away with this!" Hyomin said.

"I'll just treat it as a lesson learnt. For being such a fool thinking that maybe he might like me too." I said.

"Minhae-"

I placed my fingers on her lips to shush her.

"Hyomin, let's go!" I gave her a smile and dragged her along to class.

-

 

Hyomin  and I weren't in the same class for the first period. I was sitting alone in the class, not even paying attention to the lecture. Somehow, my tears are threatening to fall. Thinking about that day just breaks my heart.

Flashback

That guy who captured my heart was sitting at the bench with his clique. They were chatting heartily and he was smiling that smile which captivated my heart. I couldn't help but smile too. I was about to walk away when I heard a voice.

"Hey Junhyung-ah, there's this girl who's been staring at you for quite some time." A girl said and pointed at me.

I quickly turned and walked away, hoping that he didn't see me.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulders.

Refusing to turn around, I tried to walk away when somebody blocked me.

"Hey hey where are you going?" Yoseob let out a chuckle.

And in a few seconds time, I'm totally surrounded by his clique.

"Care to tell us why you were staring at Junhyung all this time?"  That girl who pointed at me smirked at me.

"S-Sorry… I-I was just looking…" I stuttered.

"And why were you looking at him?" She asked.

Should I tell the truth? Should I just confess to him?

I turned to Junhyung and looked at him. He was smiling my favourite smile again. That smile somehow made me much more daring than before. Without thinking, I said those words.

"I like him…" I said.

I looked up at Junhyung, only to see that his expression changed from a smile to a frown.

"Did this freak just say that?" he said.

And the whole gang of them burst out laughing. A crowd had started to gather by the time they finished laughing.

"Is she serious? A freak that doesn't know her place." Junhyung said, with a smirk on his face.

The people that had gathered were all pointing at me and whispering. I wanted to run away but my legs wouldn't move. How did a confession turned like this? Why is he being so rude? Is he the guy that I had a crush for so long?

With tears flowing, I pushed them away and ran…

 

-

While thinking through the whole process again, drops of tears managed to slip through my eyes. As the teardrops dripped onto my notebook, I noticed a particular scribble that I had written before the incident occurred.

Been here all along, so why can't you see? You belong with me~

I closed my notebook.

Panda... Save me…





Just saying:

-That scribble is actually from Taylor Swift's You belong with me. I just really like that part of the lyrics :)

-I like junhyung a lot and since he always gives off the badass vibe, he was chosen to be the mean guy~ 

-This story isn't going to be long

- My grammer is horrible