Will you be mine?

How you saved a fool

 

Hyomin's POV

After texting Minhae in the morning, I went over to Soyoen unnie's house to try and dig out more information about Seungho. They were good friends as they were in the same school. Unnie said that he was a caring and supportive friend that was always by her side. I tried to find out if unnie knew about Seungho knowing Minhae but she seemed very sure that the two would not know each other.

After spending the whole morning with Soyeon unnie, I went back home, hoping to sleep through the day when I received a call from Minhae.

"Hey, anything wrong?" I asked.

"Ah nothing, just that I wanted to ask you something. Do you know that Junhyung is barred from rapping in underground battles?"

What?

"I don't know about that. What happened?" I asked.

"I'm not sure either, I just heard about it. You… you didn't do it right?"

"No way, Minhae you know I wouldn't do that! Besides I don't have the connection!"

"I know. Just had to be sure. Sorry~"

Once the phone call ends,  I began searching through my stuff for that piece of paper that was given to me a long time ago. Time to pay someone a visit.

Sigh… there goes my sleep…

-

With hesitant steps, I approached the door. My mind was working very hard, trying to think of what I'm going to say once the door opens. I took a step forward, attempting to press the doorbell when the door opened. I jumped back in shock. That person frowned the moment our eyes met, with  a puzzled look on his face.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I have something to say…" I mumbled and walked into his house.

I watched as he closed the door and walked straight into his room, sitting on his bed.

"You are going to scream at me over her, aren't you?" he said.

"Yah Yong Jaesoon, don't you think you deserve that? Minhae never did anything to you, why do you have to-"

"If I didn’t do that to her, would you even bother talking to me?"

I froze. What did he just say?

"And you are still the only person who knows my real name. Everyone knows me by Junhyung."

I looked at him, not knowing what to say.

"Well… I never really planned to hurt her. I know she's your close friend but when she confessed to me, I just did it. I hurt her, thinking that you would have no choice but to appear in front of me."

"Y-you hurt her because you wanted my attention?" I asked, feeling guilt and anger towards that person right in front of me.

He nodded. "I will apologise to her."

It was because of me that they did this to Minhae. I raised my arm high, wanting so badly to slap him. His eyes never left mine when I raised my arm. He did not even attempt to block the slap. I could not bring myself to do it and lowered my arm.

Trying to change the topic, I asked, "I heard that you got barred from rapping?"

"Ahh, so you know? It doesn't matter anyway. The only reason why I started rapping was to prove to you that I could be serious in whatever I was doing. That time that I confessed and you turned me down, saying that I was never serious, I began going around finding something that I could be serious in. Turns out that I was really passionate and serious about rapping. Well, I've earned quite a good reputation for myself so  it wouldn't matter even if I can't rap at that place."

My mind was in a mess. He still remembered what I said. He changed for me. At that moment, I just wanted to hug him in my arms and thanked him. For loving me all these times.

"I see…  Good for you. I've got nothing more to say." I turned, wanting to walk out of his room. I had to. He probably don't feel the same way anymore. He chose to ignore me after the rejection. What right do I have to want him back?

 I felt a hand grab me.

"I've got something to say."

He pulled me around to look at him.

"You will always be the one for me."

Sincerity was written all over his face. I felt my heart beating rapidly. I've always liked him, but insecurity always manage to in. This time, if he confessed, I would-

" I know I've said this before but I'm still going to ask you again."

He pulled me closer and whispered into my ears.

 "This time, will you be mine?"


Just saying:

A junhyung chapter on junhyung's birthday~