Misunderstanding

How you saved a fool

 

She picked up her phone, checking to see if thereare any messages or missed calls. After a few minutes, she repeated the same action.  The last time Minhae met Seungho at the café, they had managed to exchange numbers. She's been expecting at least a message from him but two days had passed and she had not heard from him. She wanted to call but was afraid that she might disturb him since she had finally realised his true identity.

She rolled on her bed, waiting and waiting. While trying to pass time, she went to search for information on MBLAQ. While reading a certain news, her mood was totally dampened.

MBLAQ would be heading for Japan on the 30th. They will be doing a series of promotions and would probably not be able to make it for Korea's most anticipated award ceremony.

"How long is he going to be gone?? And why hasn't he called?!?!"

"STUPID PANDA I HATE YOUUUUUUU!!!!"

She grabbed hold of the little panda that she had bought recently and started throwing it around. Her actions were childish, but she just could not help it. Knowing that he's probably leaving for a long time and not even receiving a text from him really hurts. Does she not mean anything to him? Won't he even call to tell her that he's leaving?

She could still remember vividly how he held her when she was crying. The warmth that he emitted was something that she craved for. It made her feel so safe.

She wanted to call him. To at least hear his voice, but somehow, her fingers just refused to call. She was afraid. Afraid that she would disturb him when he's probably busy. More afraid of what she might blurt out once she hears his voice.

"Is that how it feels when you really like someone? Missing him so much when you don't see him? Heart beating crazily when you finally get to see him?"

She could have confessed but what if things turn out badly? Would the same situation happen again? Would Seungho do that to her?

She stopped herself, refusing to think any further. Checking her phone one last time, Minhae switched off her phone and forced herself to go to sleep.

 

What she didn't know is that at the same moment, he was also staring at his phone, unsure of what to do.

He stared at the number that he finally had. Sending a text message was not something difficult. What stopped him was what he saw earlier.

After leaving the four boys to continue their meaningless discussion, he went over to Minhae's place, hoping to call her once he arrives. Thoughts of meeting her again made him really excited and he was hyped up about thinking where to bring her to eat. The first time he had treated her to dinner, he was careful not to stuff too much food into his mouth but eventually let his guard down when he saw her laughing at his puffy cheeks. Instead of warning him to eat slowly, she stuffed more food into his mouth saying that she knows how to save a choking person. That memory made him smile. Glancing over, he was pleasantly surprised to see Minhae coming out from a restaurant. She was laughing heartily and when he turned to look at the person she was with, his heart sank. Minhae was with Junhyung. Watching the two of them laughing, Seungho did not know what to do. He watched as Junhyung sent her home and she was smiling the whole time she was with him. Seungho's mind was in a mess. Are the two of them together now? What should he do now?

After the flashback, Seungho decided to just ignore the urge to text her and just catch up on his sleep.