Saving the fool

How you saved a fool

Just as I was about to ask him, Soyeon unnie returned.

"Hyomin-ah, sorry I had to go out and buy some stuff." Soyeon unnie said and eyed me and the man.

"You two know each other?" She asked.

Both me and the man shook our heads.

Soyeon unnie looked at me and said, "You don't recognise him?"

I shook my head again.

"He's MBLAQ's leader, Seungho." Soyeon unnie said.

Upon realisation, I gasped. No wonder he looked familiar. I've seen him on magazines before!

"Unnie, he's your boyfriend?" I asked.

"Nah he's just a friend. I asked him here to give him the gift I bought for him during our little trip." Soyeon unnie pointed at a neatly wrapped-up box sitting on the table.

"Soyeon, I need to go somewhere, catch up next time?" Seungho said.

I watched as he rushed to pick up the box and gave both of us a quick smile before leaving.

How did MBLAQ's leader know about Minhae?

-

Minhae's POV

I received a text from Hyomin early in the morning.

Minhae-ah, sorry I can't come to school today. Have some stuff that I have to settle. Be careful ok? If anything happens, call me immediately.

I texted back and headed for school.

Since Hyomin is not in school today, I decided to spend some time in the library. It's been a long time since I took time out to read. I grabbed a few books on the shelves and found myself  a place to sit. As I got lost in the story, I felt a tap on my shoulders.

"Shouldn't you have lessons now?" the librarian said and gave me a smile.

"Oh!" I quickly closed my book.

"Pass it to me, I'll keep it for you. You can come back to borrow it. You better get to class now." she said.

"Thank you!" I bowed my head and gave her a smile before running to class.

While walking through the corridors, I heard her voice. That sickening voice…

"Where is she! I've searched everywhere! Didn't you say that you saw her in school today!!"

"Hey, relax.  She's probably in class or something." A male voice replied.

I wanted to hide but I wasn't fast enough. The moment our eyes met, she stormed over and grabbed me by my shirt.

"Who do you think you are! How dare you do that to oppa!" She pushed me against the wall.

"Junhyung oppa is so upset! He got barred from rapping at underground battles because of YOU! She shouted.

She raised her arm, preparing to slap me. I quickly closed my eyes and waited for the impact to come but it didn't. I opened my eyes to see Yoseob grabbing her arms.

"WHY ARE YOU SIDING WITH HER!" she screamed.

"I'm not. I just don't think that she's involved in this." Yoseob said.

"But that person said it was because of her!" she yelled.

"Junhyung also said that it's not her nor her friend. It's pointless yelling at her." He replied.

She struggled out of Yoseob's grip and stormed off.

"Sorry…" Yoseob mouthed and chased after her.

Underground battle? He raps…?

-

After borrowing the books from the library, I decided to just skip school and headed to a nearby café. I ordered a drink and began reading the book. I was so immersed in the story that I didn't notice someone standing beside me. I looked up to see a face that I've missed.

"Panda!!" I squealed in delight.

"Can I sit?" he asked and gave me his warm smile.

A smile so different from his. A smile that warms my heart.

I nodded and smiled back at him.

"Did you skip school?" He looked at me, with disapproval written on his face.

I nodded again and said nothing.

"It's been a while since I last saw you. You looked skinnier…" Seungho said

"And you look more like a panda now!" I said.

He chuckled.

"So are you saying that I'm cute?" he teased.

"Well… I never said pandas are cute." I stuck out my tongue at him.

"Haha silly girl…" he laughed.

All of a sudden, he grabbed the book that I was reading and closed it. With a serious face, he looked at me and questioned, "Is he still bothering you? I mean that crush that you told me about?"

I shook my head. "But his friends came to me and said that I caused him to be barred from underground battles. I didn't even know that he raps. How was I supposed to be responsible?"

"Ah… " Seungho stared into space.

I waved my hands in front of him. He looked at me and gave me a smile.

"Don't think about things that you don't understand. It just makes your head hurts." He said.

At that moment, I heard that same sickening voice again. Why is she always haunting me!

"Ah it's that freak again!" She sneered and turned to look at Junhyung.

"Seems like you are not the only one who skipped school…" Seungho said.

My legs wanted so badly to move away but the moment I looked into Seungho's eyes, he seemed to be telling me not to leave. He came and sat beside me.

"Don't leave." he whispered into my ears.

I looked at him and he gave me his warm smile.

"Minhae, stand up for yourself. End this." He said and gave my hands a squeeze.

"Think of all the anger and sadness you felt because of their words. Think of what you had always wanted to do. Yell everything out. Tell them straight in the face to leave you alone. You can even kick their tables and chairs." He smiled his warm smile.

As all the memories started flooding my mind, my anger built up and after seeing Panda's warm smile again, I managed to gather my courage and head towards their table.

With Panda's encouragement, I will end this. I will no longer be that fool…


Just saying:

-Sorry if the story is not making sense. 

- Thank you so much for the comments. Knowing that there are people reading my story makes me so happy~

- I just love that Seungho pic so much! :D