Mr Panda

How you saved a fool

 

Minhae's POV

I walked around the streets aimlessly. I have no idea where I want to go. I just hope that I’ll walk till my legs ache, and that it could distract me for a short period of time. All of a sudden, I felt a push from nowhere and unable to balance myself, I fell.

“I’m sorry! Are you hurt?” A voice invaded through my thoughts. I looked up at him, only to see a panda-looking guy staring at me worriedly. His dark circles were so prominent that I really thought I saw a panda.

"Err yeah I'm fine, thanks..." I whispered.

The panda-looking guy placed his hands in front of me and I grabbed it to pull myself up.

"Sorry, I was trying to catch the ball. Anyway, I'm Seungho, nice to meet you!" The panda has his hands outstretched again.

"I'm Minhae, err nice to meet you too..." I said, shaking his hands.

"You want to join me and the little kids over there?" Seungho asked.

What's with this over-friendly panda? I mean, he bumped into me and now he wants to play with him and some little kids? Is he weird or am I the weird one?

"Err… no… it's okay."

"You don't seem busy. I saw you walking deep in thoughts just now. You aren't in a hurry to go somewhere right? So why not join us? It's going to be fun!"

Without waiting for an answer, Panda pulled me towards the little kids.

"Hey kids, I brought a noona here to play with us. Now our numbers are even!" Panda said.

All the little kids cheered and smiled at me.

And so, the fun began.

-

Well… playing with Panda and the little kids didn't seem that bad either. Without realising, it was nearing dinner time and the children had to return home. All of us were drenched in perspiration by the time our game ended.

"That was fun!" I exclaimed

"Told you!" Panda smiled at me.

"Hey panda, do you always play with the kids?" I asked.

"Panda? Haha did you just call me that? Hmm, I don’t usually play with them. Well you see, I'm a pretty busy person and it just so happens that I have a day-off today." Seungho said.

"You look like a panda! Pretty busy? What do you work as?" I asked.

"You look young. You're still a student right?" I nodded.

" Panda here is a very famous person, don't you know?"

I smiled. It's been such a long time since I could smile so freely. Ever since my crush humiliated me that day, I just couldn't bring myself to smile anymore.

"I doubt you are as famous as me though…" I whispered.

"You are one of those popular girls in school? Not surprising though, you're so pretty." Seungho smiled brightly.

"Panda you don't understand, I'm nowhere near pretty. I'm a freak that nobody likes." I replied, voice trembling.

"Minhae, what happened? Did people bully you? It's okay, you can talk to me." Seungho held onto my hands and gave me a reassuring smile.

"I… I… went to confess and was humiliated. He… called me a freak who didn't know my place. I know I'm nowhere near as pretty as the girls beside him but he didn't have to insult me in front of so many people right? I mean…I…" I couldn't control my tears anymore and burst out crying.

"I really don't understand why I like him that much either."

"It's okay. It's his loss. Remember that." Seungho held me in his arms.

For the first time, I felt secure. So safe in his arms. How did he do that? In just one day, Mr Panda had made me feel so many different emotions. Our first meeting and-

"GROWL!"

No way! Did my stomach just growled? Was I that hungry? Oh my god this is so embarrassing! Please don't let Panda hear anything!

"HAHAHA Minhae, how is it possible for your stomach to growl while you're still crying! You're amazing hahaha!!"

"Please don't laugh…" I said between sobs.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Seungho's lips trembled badly while trying to suppress his laughter.

"Let's go grab something and eat!" Seungho pulled me up and dragged me away.