Wants 009

You Want Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You Want Me
Don't you?

Wants 009
I want you to introduce your wife-to-be. 

 

He wasn't expecting this. He definitely wouldn't expect her to find a job that quickly. He was expecting her to be busy with the wedding planner, but she had to appear before her eyes in the worst timing ever. Why is she here? Why must she be here when his friends are here? Exactly why are they checking her out?! Mark wasn't exactly furious, he was just uncomfortable with his friends knowing that his supposedly wife is actually working at the cafe in front of his workplace. For all his knowledge, they'd definitely drop by everyday just to embarrass the living hell out of him.

 

Jiae was still holding the cup. She was waiting for Mark to speak, but it seems like he was preoccupied with something else to respond to her question. She was already expecting Mark to be the one to order the americano. There are two cups sitting in front of his friends already, no doubt, this should be Mark's order. But she'd play dumb just to get back at him for leaving the planning to her alone. Seems fun. She thought and smiled at them.

 

"Anyone?" She asked, and Jackson nudged Mark. 

 

Fidgeted, Mark blinked his eyes and cleared his throat next. "It's mine..." He mumbled and glared at Jackson, who was giggling next to him.

 

Jinyoung wasn't saying much, although he had his brow raised when he received the mug from Jiae. Her fingertips had gently brushed on the back of his palm. It was an obvious touch, but what intrigues Jinyoung was the fact that Mark did not flinch at the contact. Mark wasn't one to initiate a skinship, nor was he one who would tolerate any skin contact with girls. Therefore, the sight of Mark not rejecting Jiae's accidental touch surprises him. 

 

Mark thought Jiae would leave then, but she didn't. She was holding the tray in her hands with that professional smile on her face. He'll know about that smile, especially after she had displayed multiple personalities that he found hard to deal with. In his parents' eyes, she is their wonderful daughter-in-law. In the wedding planner's eyes, she is an excited bride-to-be. And in his eyes? She is a cunning woman who managed to slip her way into his life and toyed with him as if he was a doll, period. 

 

"Would you like to have anything else in particular?" She asked, as if to stall at that spot for as long as possible. Mark pressed his lips. Dear lord, why is she doing this now? He sneaked a glance at his friends. Jackson had a wide smile played on his face, Jinyoung was just looking bored as usual, although there was a hint of interest twinkling in his eyes. He shifted his gaze back to Jiae. "Nothing for now." He tried to sound as soft as possible, or rather, as distant as possible. But the moment his eyes land on hers, he had thrown every thought at the back of his brain. 

 

It's just that hard to go against Jiae. He pressed his lips thin and picked up his mug.

 

Jiae nodded and went back to the counter, leaving the two friends to stare at Mark in question. "Mark hyung." Jackson called, and Mark braced himself for all the weirdest question Jackson can come up with at the moment. What if they figured out? He wasn't exactly acting different, was he? Why does he even care if they know? If they would stop staring at her, then maybe he wouldn't. 

 

Jackson's wide grin was a total give off that he'd like to throw his fist at. He just has that typical please-punch-me face on, and Mark would gladly comply to that. Jackson patted his back, the wide, annoying grin still plastered on his face. "You know..." He muffled a stiff laugh when Mark eyed him a glare. Mark could have asked Jinyoung for help, but the latter was just as interested as Jackson was at the moment. He wouldn't help him at all. Jackson's grin widened at an impossible range, and he held back the laughter that was threatening to burst. 

 

"Doughnuts are on sale today." 

 

His hand immediately swung to Jackson's head. 

 

 

"What's going on over there?" Jiae heard Bambam ask when she was studying the cash register. She needed to understand the P.O.S system, as well as the operation system of the cafe to be able to do a perfect job. She may have been a high school dropout, but she wasn't someone who lazes around when she had finally managed to find a job. The toughest thing is to secure it, and she'd do anything to keep this job. Bambam is a kind boss, so she wouldn't mind working under him in a long run.

 

"Who knows." She said, pressing buttons on the screen to read through the menus that she was going to memorize in a bit. To be honest, she felt bad for lying to Bambam about her education attainment, but he was partially at fault for believing in her without needing any form of evidence. He must be desperate too. She thought, switching the screen back to the homepage.

 

"There is one thing I'd like you to promise me." She remembered what Bambam said before she starts her day. He had told her about how the customers here are mainly officemen who works at the hotel, and amongst them all, the director of the place was more than fond of this small cafe. She knew what to expect then. She knew that Mark was bound to find out about her new found job. But it didn't seem like Bambam h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter