Wants 035

You Want Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You Want Me
Don't you?

Wants 035
I want you that bad, is it bad to feel that way? 

 

About us. She couldn't get it out of her mind. She was supposed to be making plans for Myungsoo's funeral, but everything just had to remind her of what her husband told her a few days back. She was flustered, completely taken off guard by Mark's outright confession. He wasn't even declaring his love, and she was already weak on her knees. To make things worse, he didn't seem like he was the least bit affected by what he- himself- said. 

 

He just acted as if none of the words actually came out of his sinful pair of lips. 

 

Jiae held back a pout. She would be lying if she said that she didn't care about what Mark said. Her mind went berserk from the cringes she got from him for the past few days. Mark Tuan just wouldn't stop attacking her!

 

"You looked like you're about to break your fingers." She turned to find Hoseok's blank face staring at her. 

 

Exactly how did Jung Hoseok get into the picture? Right, she's currently at work. It's funny how she only missed out a few days of work, but it felt like forever since she last seen Hoseok and Bambam in the cafe. Hoseok wouldn't question where she went or what she had been doing, but Bambam was more than anxious to know what she had been up to to request for those few vacation days. 

 

"Something came up." She dismissed Bambam briefly without further explanation, although she did mention something regarding a funeral, which was probably the main cause for Bambam to stop questioning her. 

 

"Let me be." Jiae groaned and pointed at the empty counter. "There's no one, I can day dream all I want." 

 

It was true, there's practically zero customers at the moment. No one would be in their right mind to come in at nine in the morning.

 

Hoseok gave her a cool shrug of his shoulders and grinned at her. "Whatever floats your horse~" He whistled and proceed to clean the espresso machine. 

 

Jiae frowned at him. What horse? She clicked her tongue and turned to the empty counter. The cafe was empty. She can almost see a rolling haystack being blown by the AC. How long more should she bore herself until they get a customer? She pouted and rested her chin on the counter top. It's boring. Her gaze landed on the familiar building shown on the window and immediately, she reacted to the sight. 

 

Why can't her brain let her off the hook even for one god damn day?  

 

"H-Hobi." She called, making attempts to distract herself. Hoseok serves as a possible distraction, even though it might be temporary, he should work for now.

 

"I'm bored." She said, faking a pout, which Hoseok probably wouldn't buy. He wouldn't dare to.  

 

Hoseok rolled his eyes, but grinned regardless. "Call your husband. I'm not your babysitter." 

 

"He's busy." She reasoned. I don't want to see him just yet. 

 

"He'll make time for you." I know that, damn it. 

 

"But you're here!" Jiae waved her hands hysterically. Stop reminding me of Mark already!

 

She hoped that Hoseok would get the message, but that rascal was far more oblivious than she thought. Hoseok's expression was deadpanned when he shakes his head. He wasn't changing his decision after all.

 

"I'm sane enough to not go against the Mark Tuan, thank you very much." He took the rack of glass and entered the kitchen. 

 

"H-Hobi!" She whined, about to catch up with him when she heard the loud chime slamming on the door frame.

 

Customers! She whipped her head to the door and smiled at the people entering the cafe. "Welcome!" She bowed, not knowing that who she was facing was a familiar face. She was far too immerse in wanting to kick Mark right out of her mind to see that Jung Daehyun was standing in front of her face. 

 

Daehyun raised an eyebrow, amused. "Good morning to you too, Jiae-ssi." He lifted a corner of his lips.

 

"Daehyun-ssi..." Jiae stiffened. Right, she wouldn't have expected herself to see him here. Of all places, why would Jung Daehyun be here? She pushed away the curiosity that was slowly getting to her and faked a smile then.

 

"It's weird to see you here." She commented, chuckling at Daehyun. "How was your sister?" 

 

He wouldn't suspect a thing from her, he did mention about his sister back when they first met in here.

 

"She was in a coma, but she's back now." Daehyun forced a smile. "She just... Needs time to digest... His death I guess."

 

Him. She pinched her thigh as she continues to wear the same smile on her face. Conceal it. She nodded and tapped her fingers on the menu that was framed on the counter top. "Pick a drink now." She grinned at Daehyun, trying to liven the mood. He can't live like her, he needs to smile. She thought as she raised an eyebrow at her when he gave her a blank stare. 

 

"I'm waiting." She smiled gently, and Daehyun shook his head in defeat.

 

"You're really energetic." He commented, which followed on with a chuckle. "Just one americano." He said.

 

"Hobi! One americano!" She shouted into the kitchen. She heard a loud yelp coming from Hoseok, and it followed on with a series of curses before Hoseok runs out of the door and blinked panically at her.

 

"A-americano?" He turned to Daehyun, who was looking at him in amusement. "R-right, one americano it is!" He saluted to Daehyun and proceed to make his order.

 

Daehyun smiled. "It's a nice working environment." He said.

 

Jiae nodded with the same smile. She couldn't have agreed more.

 

"It's nice that you're smiling." Jiae said. It was a harmless comment. She was genuinely happy that Daehyun faced everything rather calmly. But the man didn't seem like the kind of man who would openly express his feelings out in the open. He'll get hurt if he doesn't speak up soon. She just knew, but she'll like to keep things as it is for now. She can't simply step into people's lives like that anymore. 

 

"You too." Daehyun responded with a soft chuckle. "Your smile is brighter than the first time I see you in the cafe."

 

Ah, that. She was afraid back then, just because of the images that overlaps each other. They were just far too similar, far too identical that she couldn't react according to the situation. Jung Daehyun came out of nowhere, and she just wasn't ready to... See him, as well as the reflection of Myungsoo on him.

 

Not knowing what to respond, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter