Wants 001

You Want Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You Want Me
Don't you?

Wants 001
I want you to pretend.

 

"... That, or I can't let you take over my spot."

 

Unbelievable. The young man cursed under his breath as soon as he steps out of the room. Outrageous. He thought. His eyes darted dangerously at his colleagues who had been staring at him for far too long. They shifted their gazes away, clearing their throats as they try their best to focus on their work.

 

It was one of those days where the only son of the Tuan Group would throw a huge tantrum due the ridiculous conditions that his father would throw at his face. Back in school, he was told to obtain an average of 95 out of 100 points in every subject in order to live in his house. In college, he was told to focus on his studies and obtain HD in every course that his father would select for him. It was the same with his university. And now? To think that he'd finally request something as outrageous as this... 

 

He ruffled his blonde locks, frustrated. Exactly how does that old man expect him to get that? He knew that his old man wasn't the most reasonable man out there, but to be unreasonable to that extent? That was beyond ridiculous.  

 

"What?" He answered the call with one flat tone. The voice on the line was familiar, far too familiar for his liking. 

 

"Wow, dude, what's up?" He heard the sound of bells ringing in the background, along with the soft "welcome" greeting.

 

Furrowing his eyebrows, he paced out of the office, into the lift where he leans against the transparent barrier and waited. He didn't need to ask his friend anything, as he was already expecting his friend to invite him over for a cup of coffee at the cafe down the street of Apgujeong. "Hey Mark, you listening?" He heard his friend speaking over the phone, but he wasn't one to respond with an equal amount of emotion. 

 

He walked out of the building and paced down the busy street. It can't be helped, today is the busiest day of the week after all. He quickened his pace and stopped at the cafe. Stepping in, he walked pass the waitresses who greeted him with enthusiasm and approached the corner seat. Their usual spot. He clicked his tongue when he stopped right before the friend was who on the line with him.

 

"Jackson." He called, and the blonde looked up, surprised to see him standing there. "You're on time," Jackson grinned and bumped his fist with him.

 

He shook his head. His friend was another impossible one, other than his old man. Which reminds him... He had to find that before his father officially signs him off the company. He took a seat and leaned back against the couch. This was exactly one of the reasons why he liked this spot— they had a unique leather couch. Shifting his bangs aside, he tugged his hands into his pocket as his friend leaves to order the usuals from the counter. 

 

Exactly how is he going to find that? That wasn't something he can pick off a random convenience store and get over with. It was exactly the fact that he couldn't simply look for one that makes it a ridiculous request from his father. How the hell is he going to grant that request now?

 

He ran his fingers through his light, blonde locks. His bleached hair reflected, glowed under the light that sneaked through the transparent glass, blinding his vision as he furrows his eyes in annoyance. Certainly, today was just not his day. He clicked his tongue and watched as Jackson comes back with two cups of coffee - an americano for him and a caramel latte for the other. He took the black drink and placed the cup on his lips, taking a sip and heaved a sigh.

 

"What's wrong, bud?" Jackson asked, brows raised in curiosity, which resulted in him heaving another sigh. "It's about my dad." He placed the cup down and rubbed his temples. "Uncle and his ridiculous request again?" Jackson grinned at the elder man and took another sip of his coffee.

 

"So what is it this time? Did he request for you to bring a girlfriend home?"

 

Mark furrowed his eyes. "Close." He muttered and looked away. "But it was far worse." His eyes wondered, darting around the small cafe aimlessly as his words fade off.  

 

An unusual sight uncovered before his eyes the moment his ears caught the sound of bells chiming from the door. Steps. It was those deep, dark locks that trailed behind the back, flowing as heels click into the cafe. Long curls set above round frames, orbs glistened with mischief, and petals small, but beautifully painted on the porcelain canvas. He pursed his lips, eyes trailed after the figure that walked towards the counter. Unlike the look on her face, she was wearing a simple white T, blue skinny jeans and boring brown shoes. She was carrying a rather large backpack. 

 

"Mark, what are you looking at?" Jackson turned around, his brow raised further when he caught the sight near the counter. He whistled lightly. "Phew, would you look at that." He commented and turned to Mark who propped himself off his seat. "I'm getting a doughnut." He said and approached the counter standing behind the petite figure as he waited for his turn.

 

"What do you mean by you don't hire high school drop-outs?" He didn't mean to overhear the conversation between the girl and the cafe manager. It was just that they were far too close for him to not overhear the conversation. Yes. It must have been that. He tugged his hands into his pocket as he watched the girl's brows scowled unhappily. She was upset. She turned around, slightly surprised that he was there. Brushing her soft mess behind her ear, she scooted past him and walked out. Eyes never bothered to make even the slightest eye contact. 

 

It was his turn to taste the unsatisfaction rolling on the tip of his tongue. She didn't l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter