Loud and Clear

300 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. Kai keeps his hand enveloped around mine as he drags me from the dining hall to the lobby. We cross the marbled floors and exit the hotel building as a black car stops across us. The driver exits the vehicle and greets Mr. Kai a good morning. Soon, keys are tossed at Mr. Kai’s way and he looks cool catching it with one hand, while the other remains attached to mine. I look down on our hands and can’t help but feel something different with it. It takes me back to the first time Mr. Kai has held me, guiding me further inside the building of Two Moons. He’s always been so gentle around me.

“Sir,” I say and we stop our tracks before we get inside the vehicle, parked across us. Mr. Kai gives me a concerned look and I smile wryly at him, “I- I just- I want to thank you for still wanting to spend the day off with me,”

He chuckles, “The day hasn’t even started yet, Haerin. Thank me later when you’ve already had an awesome time, alright?” Well, you aren’t going to kiss me out of the blue and walk out on me after so I think I’m going to have an awesome time.

“And I’d like you to call me Jongin. I don’t want us walking around with you calling me sir,” He adds and I nod with a smile on my face. Jongin gently puts a hand on the small of my back as he guides me towards the vehicle. He opens the door for me and I enter the black car.

Today is going to be a good day, Haerin. Just keep Mr. Oh out of your head. I keep reminding myself not to let one thought of Sehun in my head. It might be hard, considering that I’ve spent so much time with him and his face flashes in my head like every five seconds of my life. But I know I’ll endure it today. I should. I can’t keep thinking of him while I’m bound to spend the day off with the kind Mr. Kai with me. It wouldn’t be fair to Mr. Kai or me. Sehun’s off-limits. I repeat this mantra over and over as I shake my head.

“Hey,” I dart my eyes on Jongin whose looking at me like I was some crazy person, “You…okay?”

“Yes, sir—I mean Jongin. Yes. I’m okay,” I smile sheepishly at him, “So, where are we headed?”

“We are headed to a place where we can spread our wings and fly,” He grins widely and I give him an inquisitive look.

“The airport?” I arch a brow.

He just laughs lightly and shakes his head, “It’s for me to know and you to find out,” Jongin taps his index finger on my nose and it takes me by surprise. I buckle my seatbelt as Jongin starts to drive away.

I find myself seated inside this black vehicle, which apparently is a convertible car and now has no roof and my hair is all over the place while Starship continues to sing their hit on the radio and Jongin is obnoxiously singing along with them so proudly through the highways of this foreign country. He turns the volume up and his voice higher.

“Let them say we’re crazy, don’t care about that! Put your hand in my hand baby don’t ever look back!” Jongin throws his hands everywhere, doing dance gestures and I can’t help but laugh over his actions. I never would have imagined him to be as hype as this. The moment the song started he lost his entire chill and went berserk over the classic romantic song. I’m actually quite surprised he knows every word of this song, “Come on Haerin. Sing with me!”

I laugh at him but I do as told anyway, “And we can build this dream together, standing strong forever, nothing’s gonna stop us now!” I exclaim along with him and stretch my arms everywhere, doing crazy gestures, mocking him and making a fool out of myself. It’s okay. It’s my last day here. No one’s going to see me after this.

Jongin is very carefree and I must say, this is such a refreshing sight. I’ve always known him to be not so uptight but it still is a new sight to see him as free spirited like this. He keeps my head occupied by his stories, how his elder sisters are such crybabies so he had to learn how to be the oppa and the dongsaeng at the same time. I’ve also learned that he’s fond of his sister’s daughter and is mostly mistaken as his child when they’re together. He even showed me cute pictures of them together. Jongin is a lot of fun, I can tell. He’s also loving towards his parents—who are divorced—but he is still a believer of forever although I’d like to think that word only comes to life in movies. Apparently, he landed the job at Two Moons because his mother is a very close friend of the Oh’s but of course he proved them all that he deserved the position given to him. Jongin dreams of settling down at the age of twenty-four, have three kids with his future wife, own a house like Tony Stark’s with a basement for his own car collection.

I can definitely the kid that he is at heart and I can’t help but smile warmly at him. There’s that spark in his eyes for each story he tells and he laughs genuinely at himself for the embarrassing ones but I don’t think he’s actually one bit ashamed—especially of the fact that he ate his test paper when he was in fourth grade because his score was too low. It’s such an ease to be with him yet I can’t seem to open myself up as much as he does. I’d like to think that it’s because of last night, which is why I’m not in much of a mood to blurt my life story out in the open. He asks me about the family and I tell him the basics and nothing too personal.

“Are you hungry?” He asks.

“Not really. You?”

“Nope.” He answers nonchalantly.

We find ourselves driving through McDonald’s and order ourselves fries and burgers for the left hour of our travel. Out of courtesy, instead of him having trouble feeding himself, I take the initiative to shove the burger in his mouth and I see he’s taken aback by my actions. He blinks at the burger for a second and then eats it anyway. I feed myself some fries and we go through radio stations of different songs as we continue to drive ahead.

“You made trailers, right?” He asks and I nod, “So then I assume that you’ve browsed through thousands of music to fit the ones you make?”

“Hmm, I wouldn’t say thousands, but yeah,”

“Can you plug my phone please?” He says and I do as told. I plug the aux cord and I hand him his phone. Jongin scrolls through his playlist, “Alright. So here’s the drill, I’m putting my songs on shuffle and you give me a scene,”

“What?” I give him a look, “Why?”

“I want to know what you see through what you hear,” He smiles and a song starts playing. I tilt my head and think of a scene. The first thing that pops in my head is an aerial sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter