Morning

300 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I open my eyes, but my eyelids feel heavy. I groan and look at the time only to find that it’s already 10 am. My head is pounding and my throat is dry. When I look over to my side, it’s unoccupied. Where’s Sehun? Weren’t the pillows white and not pink? I see my phone lying next to the sketchpad and I struggle to push myself up but I do so anyway. I let my feet touch the floor only to find it exactly like the ones in my room. My head turns to the sketchpad and I look at the scribble I made. I look at every corner of the room. I’m in my house. I’m not supposed to be here. I was with Sehun. We were on the island together…weren’t we? My hands quickly grab the phone and look at the recent calls I made. I did call him. But…that was it? I hear a faint knock on the door with hopes that it could be Sehun, but my brother’s head pops out from the small opening.

 

“Finally, you’re awake. I woke you up like five times, you know.” He says and I frown at him. Somehow, seeing his face disappointed me. It only adds up to the fact that it wasn’t real. The rest were just…a dream. Being with him was just a dream. Being together was just a dream. Being happy was just…a dream. I frown and sigh deeply. Jaejoong tells me breakfast is ready and that I should be getting ready for work. I don’t give him a response and run my hands over my face. It seemed and felt so real I could just cry.

 

“I’ll be downstairs,” I tell my brother.

 

“You okay, Hae?” He asks worriedly as he steps inside my room and I blow a sigh, “You’ve been out of sorts since you got back. I’m a little worried. Did something happen?”

 

“No,” I quickly answer and he’s startled. I mentally slap myself and smile at him, “I’m just stressed. There’s a lot going on in the office,”

 

“Well, you’ll end your internship soon, right? After that maybe we could finally see mom and dad,”

 

I lie on my bed and stare at the ceiling. It was a dream. Briefly closing my eyes, I just let it all sink into me. I can feel the corners of my eyes fill up with tears and they fall down to the side of my face. It was a dream. I lift my hands and put them over my face. My heart continues to beat rapidly and my stomach ties into a tight knot. How can that all be a dream? I wanted to be with him so badly. I wanted us to be together. Perhaps I’ve gone crazy. Maybe I couldn’t handle it anymore I started dreaming about the impossible.

 

I try my best not to act so odd through the day even though it’s going to be such a struggle. When I get to the office, I immediately drown myself with work. Today the venue will be designed as planned and there’s people coming over to get the place started. I initiated to keep an eye on the crew while Mr. Kai gets on his meeting. Work will keep my mind off things and it’ll help me not think of Sehun. When the crew arrives, I immediately tell them how the venue is supposed to look and present them the visuals Mr. Kai and I worked on. They bring in the materials and the room is suddenly filled of blue—they brought blue cloths to drape around the rails of the stairs along with the fake vines and to the lighter ones with the silver cloths are going to be used for the tables. A rolled silver carpet is settled aside as it is to be put on the stairs later. Meanwhile, some of them are starting on the small silver lights, which will be attached to the ceiling to give a starry effect when the chandeliers dim for the slow dance.

 

I look at the platform where some men are already starting with the design. I can’t help but think that on that night, love will wear a suit and he’ll look good in them. Love will stand with another girl and love will tell the world he’s getting married. I hope she knows how to cook. I hope she makes sure love eats because love forgets to when he’s too drowned in work. I hope love gets home to her home-cooked food and will enjoy dinner together, tell about how their day went and say interesting things. I hope love will have someone to hold tight at night and make him feel that he’s not alone and he’ll never be. I hope she can keep a smile on love’s face because he’s really a lot more handsome when he’s smiling. I hope she can make him laugh and support him and believe in love’s capabilities because he’s more than just a man who got things handed to him. After that night, I will no longer see love. I won’t encounter love every morning, and make him coffee or report to him his own schedule and e-mails from his client. Love and I will go our separate ways and just accept the fact that we’ll only cross paths in our dreams and not in real life. And as we go on, I’ll keep a reminder to myself that even though love seemed a lot like a coldhearted in the beginning, love is capable of feelings and love is special and he’ll always be. I’m fighting the urge not to hate the situation, as I know it won’t do anything. Things will not change. Everything will go as they must.

 

Chattering from the hallway emanates through the venue and I turn to look at who just got up. To my surprise, it’s the bosses—and yes, he is with them. They all walk through the open glass doors and observe the place. Mr. Byun and Mr. Park compliments how the venue is looking so far. Mr. Kai explains to Mr. Joonmyeon, Mr. Dyo and Mr. Oh how it’s supposed to look. I acknowledge their presence and bow politely. When I stand up properly again, my gaze meets his and he’s looking at me like he’s trying to read past me. A part of me is embarrassed, as I am aware that the call happened. He must think I’m desperate and pathetic.

 

We stand across each other and I can no longer hear Mr. Kai and his explaining to the bosses. I just look at him. The lights chandeliers suddenly turn off and the small silver lights are switched on. I now see a beautiful man standing like he’s got the universe in the background, the small stars brightly twinkling above him. His eyes never leave mine and I don’t think I can look at him any longer because the more I do, the more it makes me want to run to him. I close my eyes and inhale deeply. You can do this, Haerin.

 

When I open my eyes, I see a balcony door but it’s dark outside. It’s pitch black inside the room and I inhale as if I had just held my breath for a long time. My body feels heavy like it’s at rest. I feel an arm draped over my stomach, keeping me in a warm embrace. I turn slowly to see the person next to me and I’m taken aback as I see Sehun’s beautiful sleeping face. His other hand is right below my head, serving as my pillow as we share the comforter. He shifts a little as I feel him pull me closer and he dips his head to rest on top of mine. He’s really here. I move closer, nuzzling by the crook of his neck as I hug him back tightly. I want to stay in his arms for the rest of my life.

 

I look at his milky white skin, idly wondering if she longed to hug him in the nights it rained and he might have been scared of the thunder crack. I wonder if she wished sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter