I Love You

300 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mother is not going to be happy once she finds out. She will probably go berserk about this and do the most outrageous things she can do—with her power and connections—just to take me away from her. In all honesty, it’s scary to imagine what she might do to Haerin—take down her family’s business, make sure she won’t ever get a shot after she graduates and maybe not even get her degree—but this hand here, enveloped inside mine, owned by the intern I’ve had for the summer, makes me think I am strong enough to deal with it. Having her near me makes me want to think she’s all the power that I need to fight this. Her heart-clenching call last night frustrated me so much I couldn’t take it anymore. I’m sorry it took a while. I thought I could handle being away from her and watching her from afar, but the moment I hear a sob from the other end of the line, I just knew I don’t want any more nights of her crying like this without me next to her. I promise.

 

I hold her hand as we enter the beach house. Catherine’s father bought this as an engagement gift from our previous engagement, I think. We’ve never been here and agreed not to go here together after we both realized we weren’t exactly cutout for each other. As much as we both connected well, we knew having each other as partners for the rest of our lives is not exactly what we want. After the breakup, Catherine chased me for a while and it got me wondering whether I did the right thing of splitting up with her, but when she eventually found someone else and I didn’t feel any regret after that, I knew it was. A part of me used to worry about what if no one would be able to connect with me like she did, what if no one understands how I am, or what if I can’t find anyone who will be able to keep up with me but the what if’s eventually faded away when I got too caught up with work and convinced myself I’ll probably just grow old alone and not even think of getting a girlfriend, no one was interesting anyway. Then a Kim Haerin went for an interview. It was interesting for me from that point forward.

 

“It’s so cozy here!” She says in awe as she tilts her head up and do a little twirl, “Everything is so-” She immediately stops the moment she eyes at the beach outside. She keeps her eyes fixated on the view and I chuckle at her frozen state. It’s so cute it’s like she haven’t seen a beach before I want to laugh at her.

 

I put an arm around her and pull her with me towards the patio where we can get a good view of the beach and the sun. There are a few people outside but the place isn’t so crowded, “It’s so beautiful, isn’t it?” I ask and look at her briefly as she nods with agape. I smirk and release a breath, “There’s the beach and of course, ladies who are tanning,” I say and her brow furrows immediately. She turns to me and I look away as soon as I can.

 

“Yeah and so many hot men are topless. It’s going to be a good day,” She says enthusiastically and I frown at her statement. When I turn to her she’s got that playful smirk on her face. She definitely knew what I was trying to do. But I still didn’t like that statement, “I’m going to check the fridge,” She walks away with a victorious smile on her face as she finds her way to the kitchen.

 

“Yah. Kim Haerin. What did you say?” I follow her.

 

“What?” She asks innocently as we pass below the small arc entering the kitchen. She moves swiftly to the fridge and take out the peanut butter and jam and take the bread from the counter, “Do you want me to make you some?” She adds, pulling the drawers, looking for utensils.

 

“You’re in a beautiful beach house with a beautiful ocean right across it and not to mention your beautiful boss and the first thing you do is make peanut butter and jelly?”

 

“Yes. And I’m going to ogle at the fine men outside,” She says and I gasp.

 

“Really,” I tell her and cross my arms, “That’s what you’re going to do for the next three days?” She suddenly stops on spreading the jelly on the bread and gives me a look. I smirk at her, “Yeah. That’s right. I’m-”

 

“Three days?!” She cuts me off curtly with her face filled of panic. She curses under her breath and hit her forehead, “I didn’t give my brother a call. He’s going to kill me. I’m out of town with my boyfriend and he doesn’t even know. I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m dead. I forgot my phone in my bag! My bag is in the office! The office is on a different island! I am so dead. I am dead. Dead. Dead. Dead.” She says in a fast pace and I give her a look. Haerin looks all stressed about it but I’m here grinning like an idiot.

 

“What did you say?” I ask her.

 

She gives me another look and sighs, “I said I’m dead. My brother is going to kill me,” She frowns.

 

“No. The part where you said you’re out of town with…who?” I ask her and her eyes widens for a moment. I grin and cross my arms, “I’m pretty sure you said something about being with your boyfriend. Did I hear that right? Boyfriend?” She bites her lower lip and tears her gaze away from mine.

 

“You’re missing the point.” She says monotonously.

 

“I completely got your point. But you called me boyfriend.” I say and she makes a face. The fuzz inside my stomach has gone completely crazy and it makes me want to laugh. I try to contain them but with her denial face on after being busted, I just can’t help it, “Just admit it. You called me boyfriend.” I tell her.

 

“I mean a boy who happens to be a friend…and also my boss,” She’s so cute when she’s in denial. I smile at her and she rolls her eyes at me, “Yah. Oh Sehun, stop flattering yourself. It was obviously a misunderstanding,” I cross my arms and smile mischievously at her. She resumes making her peanut butter and jelly sandwich but I don’t take my gaze away from her.

 

“Ah why is it so hard for you to admit it, come on, just say it. I bet you’ve been dying to call me that,” I and she just frowns at me as she scrunches her nose.

 

“Can I just borrow your phone? I’ll let you look at your tanning ladies outside while I’m on the phone begging my brother for my precious life,” She asks, putting her hand out, asking for the device.

 

“So this is Kim Haerin when she’s jealous, huh?” I ask with a victorious smile on my face, “I find her extra cute when she’s jealous,” I say proudly.

 

“Don’t wait for me to get extra cuter or you just might regret getting on this island alone with me,” She says so threateningly but I still find it cute. I laugh at her even more I can’t even breathe. I walk towards her and wrap my arms around her and laugh as I embrace her, “Yah!” She yells, trying to push me away.

 

“You’re a tiny jealous machine,” I tease and laugh as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter