Chapter 1 (210517)

Who Am I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who Am I

Bold = Speech

Italic = Thoughts/Flashback

Bold + Italic = Speech in Thoughts/Flashback

Chapter 1

 

It was a peaceful night for everyone except for that one girl.

Her house was set on fire, the fire spreads wildly, the flaming roof falls followed by the pillars crumbles down.

Her mother had sacrificed herself just to help her to escape from a group of assassins who are out to hunt for their's head.

"Go Tae!" Her mother's last words echo in her ears.

"This is all because of him!" The girl blames her father as she wipes away her tears.

She was dressed in common folk clothing, with a necklace hanging from her neck, her slim body looks so feeble that it looks like she might collapse soon. She has beautiful long and wavy dark hair which was held in a ponytail, her skin as white as snow, despite her beautiful appearance, her dark brown eyes were full of sadness and hatred.

'Mother'. She has been reminded of her mother once again after she selfishly abandoned her, she escaped from the back door, leaving her mother inside the burning house to stop the assassins from chasing after her, a role as a decoy to be exact.

She ran into the forest where she could no longer see her house.

Feeling exhausted, she stopped for a moment and hide near a nearby tree.

Just then, she hears sounds of leaves rustling nearby, the assassins have already caught up!

The equipped men surround her. Their eyes show no kindness to her.

Meanwhile, her eyes caught something else that makes her eyes wavered; a sword with blood dripping off.

Her eyes tear up again. Her mother had been...

One of the men raise up his sword, she closes her eyes tight as she expects the sharp and cold object to pierce through her. She had given up.

"Miss, she woke up" everything looks so bright to her, there are people chattering around her.

'Where am I?' She thought.

A girl with an eye smile suddenly pops in front of her view "You finally woke up!" she beams.

"Who are you?" she tries her best to ask her, her voice was almost as quiet as a church mouse and was shaking.

"Oh, forgive me for not introduce myself, I am Hwang Miyoung, you can call me Tiffany" the cheerful girl introduces herself, still smiling.

"How about you?" She asks.

"Me?" The girl replies.

"Who... am I...?" her brows furrowed, 'I couldn't remember anything!' she thought, her eyes squirmed as she tries to force something out from the empty husk, her emptied brain.

The originally noisy room suddenly turned silent as they sense the bad situation. The girl lost her memories.

"Did you not remember anything?" Tiffany asks her, she didn't expect this to happen since when she was strolling outside last night, she saw her collapsed outside her house and doesn't seem to have any injury. But, it doesn't look like she is lying now either.

"Miss, she was wearing this last night" her servant hand her a necklace with a jade hanging at the end that has the words 'Tae Yeon' engraved on it.

Tiffany shows her and asks "Is your name Tae Yeon?"

Taeyeon looks at the necklace but she does not remember anything at all, she shrugged.

Tiffany suddenly becomes brightens up as she thought of an idea. She says "Then your name will be Taeyeon and you shall stay with me from now on" she hugs Taeyeon joyfully.

"Miss!! You have to ask the King or the Queen before you make such a decision!" The oldest servant who appears to be the supervisor reprimanded her.

"King? Queen?" Taeyeon's eyes widen.

Tiffany gave an apologetic smile and says "I'm the first Princess of the Kwon Kingdom. Since you had forgotten everything you probably don't know or had heard about me. Let's go I will show you around the Palace and tell you more" The over-excited Tiffany exclaims dragging Taeyeon out of the bed before being stopped by the old lady again.

The old lady's face darkens, freaking Tiffany and the others out. "She will have to freshen up and see a doctor before she can go with you, Miss," The old lady says with a strict tone, emphasizing on every word she said.

"Of course, Supervisor Hwang" Tiffany let go of Taeyeon and gave the old lady a sweet smile while sweat flows down on the side of her face.

"Good morning, Father, Mother" Tiffany bowed politely, then she pulls Taeyeon into the room.

All eyes in the room were focused on this bubbly girl and her new confused buddy.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter