Chapter 7

Daughter of the Sea and Dove

“ How was it ? “ Briana grinned and tapped his hand . “ It was fun ! We watchedarrow-10x10.png horror movie . “ Kris looked at her and realises that she wasn't kidding . “ You , watched a horror movie ? “ Briana pouted . “ Even Sehun had doubts . “ Kris chuckled but stopped . “ Sehun noticed ? “ Briana nodded . “ Yeah , he even laughed about it . Why ?

Kris bit his lips . “ Nothing . Just that Sehun is you know Sehun . “ Briana nodded . “ Yeah , he wore the poker face all the time . “ Kris smiled but faked it . It's bad if Sehun falls for her . Real bad . Ge , you know we passed the grocery store . “ Kris cursed and made an illegal u-turn .

Briana laughed and leaned back on the seat . “ I missed this . “ Kris softened and pinched her cheeks “ Me too . “ Briana smiled . “ Hey , I have an idea . “ Briana look at him and raise an eyebrow . “ It better not be a bad one . “ Kris smirked . “ Oh trust me , you'll love it . “

 

Dad's going to kill us . “ Kris laughed and gave her two ice cream tubs . “ He'll just shake his head and wonder why my kids are never growing up . “ Briana smiled and eyed the oreo cookies in front of her . “ Oreo . “ Kris chuckled and grabbed two of them . “ Secret stash ? “ “ What else , mom will never let me bring some in the room . “ Kris shrugged and took two more for himself .

They were in the supermarket with Briana in the trolley while Kris pushed her . “ A kid just laughed at me . “ Kris laughed as he look for a fresh cabbage . “ You are in a trolley meant for 4-6 year olds to sit in . “ Briana pouted . “ But I miss this . “ Kris look at her and was reminded of the both of them riding it together , and then when they were 13 and he was pushing her , racing along the corridors .

“ I know . “ Briana look up and was met with Kris's fond smile . The one smile that made her sad . “ Kris I'll be fine . “ Kris sighed and nodded . “ I know , it's just that I'm scared that one day , a letter will come by and say that you have been injured or you know . “ Briana smiled and patted his hand . “ I'll be fine ge , trust me .

Kris nodded and kissed her forehead . “ Come on , dad will be home by now . “ Briana brightened and nodded eagerly . “ Let's go pay already ! “ Kris smiled and made their way to the counter .

Daddy ! I'm home ! “ Briana ran into the living room and jumped into her father's arms . “ My princess is here ! “ Mr . Wu laughed and twirled her around . Briana squealed and hugged him tighter . Mr.Wu laughed once more and put her down . “ How are you doing my princess ? Everything alright in school ? “ Briana nodded and smiled .

I made a new friend , she was a quite girl but I know that we'll get along just fine . And-” “ And she spend a night at a boy's house . “ “ What ?! “ Mr.Wu exclaimed and both Briana and Kris winced at his volume . “ What do you mean she spend the night at a boy's house ?! “ Briana sheepishly smiled and wanted to explain when- “ Oh calm down Yi Jun , it's just Sehun . “

Mrs.Wu appeared from the kitchen with her apron on and Briana smiled at her . “ Hi Mom ! “ Mrs.Wu kissed her cheek and patted her face . “ Good to see you again sweetie . Yi Fan , where are the groceries ? “ Kris grumbled and just walked to the kitchen . Mrs.Wu stare at her son and was confused . “ Why is he like that ? “

Briana laughed . “ Because his defense about me staying over Sehun's house has been overthrown . “ They both laughed and proceeded to the kitchen . Mr.Wu stare at them and sighed . “ At least it's Sehun . Not Kai , good . “

“ Oh yeah , Amber is coming over tonight . “ Briana look up and stare at her brother . “ Amber ? Your girlfriend ? I want to meet her . “ Kris raise an eyebrow at her . “ Since when do you know about Amber ? “ Briana shrugged and drank her soup . “ Since one of your friends , I think his name was Suho said the only girls that sat there was Amber and Miyoung .

Kris nodded . “ Are the boys coming as well ? “ Kris nodded and Briana raise an eyebrow . “ Sleepover ? “ Kris nodded . “ They like sleeping at our place . “ “ Must be because of the food . “ Kris smirked and Briana sighed . “ I'm cooking ? “ Kris nodded and Briana pouted at her parents . “ He's making me his personal slave again . “ They laughed and shake their head .

“ Think of this as meeting your brother's friends . Don't worry though , Kris is going to wash all the dishes , aren't you Kris . “ Kris chocked on his drink and gaped at his mother . “ What ? “ Mrs,Wu glared at him and he sighed in defeat . “ Yeah I will . “ Briana thanked her mother and smirked . “ I'll be in my room . Thank you for the meal mommy .

Kris scowled at her . “ Now now Kris , you started it . “ Kris pouted . “ Don't do that son , you look so unappealing that way . “ Mrs,Wu nodded her head at her husband's remarks . “ Your father is right honey , I don't think even Amber likes that . “ Kris grumbled and stood up . “ Thank you for the food . “ And continue grumbling on his way to the room . “ You know he takes after you . “

Mr.Wu gaped at his wife , “ I do not . “ Mrs.Wu chuckled . “ I don't know , I remember someone being pouty when I refused to go with you to the club last time . “ Mr.Wu pouted . “ I am not . “ Mrs.Wu raise an eyebrow at him and he realised that he was pouting . “ Damn it . I'll be in the office . “ Mrs.Wu laughed at his husband who was also grumbling while going to the office .

“ So very alike . Men . “