Chapter 2

Daughter of the Sea and Dove

The bell rang and everyone started to pack up . “ Okay class , please remember to do your homework and it is due tomorrow . Who didn't hand in the homework has to sit outside with your hands up for 10 minutes . “ “ Ne ! “ Everyone stood up and rushed to the door for recess . I look up and noticed everyone was already gone . Well except for a girl sitting behind me .

I turn around to face her , she gasped and look up at me with wide eyes . I smiled and waved .  “ Hi . “ She slowly nodded her head and went back to reading her book . I frowned . “ Umm , what's your name ? “ She stared wide eyed at me . “ M-me ? “ I nodded . “ B-bang Y-yoori “ I smiled . “ My name is Briana , but since it might be hard for you , you can call me Bri . “ She nodded .

“ Can you accompany me to the cafeteria ? “ Her eyes widened and she shakily pointed at her . I nodded with a smile and stood up . “ Come on , I'm getting hungry and I know you're starving too . “ She shake her head . “ Don't lie to me , I heard your stomach growling ~ “ She blushed and nodded in defeat .

I grinned and pulled her up . “ Come on ! “ During the journey , I talked to her and it turns out that she was the smartest girl in school ! ( Well I saw the best student board in the office and saw her at the very first . ) And that she was often called names and teased at ( That , I kinda figured out myself .  )

When we arrived at the canteen , it turned quiet and noticed everyone staring at me and Yoori . “ Hey , don't bother about them . As long as I'm here you'll be fine . “ She  nodded stiffly but I just patted her head and pulled her to sit at an empty table . She gasped and quickly stood up but I stopped her from doing so .

“ Hey why do you look so panicked ? “ “ T-this t-table is- “ “ That's because she knows whose table is this and who are the only ones who could sit here . “ I look up and saw three girls with oversized jewellery and tight uniforms glaring down at us . I frowned . “ Who are you ? “ The girl in the middle scoffed and flipped her hair .

With that , I actually rose an eyebrow . “ Well aren't you new . Listen here newbie , I don't care if your eyes are blue or your hair is blue , you must have a for it . “ I frowned even more . “ This is Exo's table . They're the kingkas's of the school and the only one's who could sit here . So I suggest you get your asses up and leave the table . “

“ I'm sorry , but I don't see any name on this table . “ The whole cafeteria gasped and so did Yoori . “ B-bri “ but I just look at the three girls whose faces were going red . “ Excuse me ?! Don't you know who we are ? We are the queenka's of this school  ! Our words are rules and nobody messes with us ! “ I sighed . “ Well , I don't really care . The only rule I follow are the ones that are relevant  “

The girl in the middle yelled in anger and slammed her hand on the table . I winced and look at her hand than back to her . “ Doesn't it hurt ? “ “ What ? “ She hissed . “ Your hand . “ She gasped . “ Why you - ! “ Everyone gasped again and well I did too as I wasn't expecting him to witness everything . ( Oh man I feel sorry for her )

“ K-kris “ He glowered at her and tightened his hold on her hand . “ What do you think you're doing ? “ He growled and I just continue to stare in shock . Yoori was just staring blankly at him . “ B-but o-oppa ! She's sitting at your seat and- ! “ “ It still doesn't answer , what do you think you were doing ? “ He asked slowly and I know that he's pissed .

I turn around and noticed a group of boys staring at Kris and me with confused looks . I also noticed Sehun was with them and he didn't look confused at all just intrigued . He noticed me looking at me and continue to bore his eyes at me . I look away and put my hand on his arm . “ Ge . “ He look down at me and I smiled .

I'm fine . You know I could handle it if she tried to hit me . Don't bother about her . “ I said in English . His eyes turned softer and slowly he let go of the girl's hands . “ Listen here Jiae , this girl over here , is my sister . “ Jiae and her posse gasped and stared wide eyed at me . I smirked and gave them a little wave .

“ So if I ever see you and her posse disturbing her again , I'll make sure your pretty face won't stay pretty for long . “ The girls gasped in fear and they quickly walked out of the canteen . I watched them as they go and turn to look at Kris when he whacked my head .

What in the gods ! Hey ! “ I glared at him but he just glared back . “ Why didn't you tell me you were here ! “ I frowned . “ Because I didn't want to ! “ “ What do you mean you didn't want to ! And why the hell did you tell me that you were coming back in a week?! “ “ Because I wanted to surprise you ! You dimwit ! “ “ What ?! DIMWIT ?! “

“ Um guys ? “ “ WHAT ?! “ The guy took a step back and I winced . “ I'm sorry . “ I bowed my head . Kris scowled and pushed me down so I was sitting on the bench beside Yoori again . “ I'll get your food . Wait here . “ I smiled and pecked his cheek . He sighed and shake his head before walking away  . I look at Yoori and she had a small smile on her face . She looked adorable .

“ What ? “ “ Do you always fight ? “ I shake my head . “ Not really , we just fought because well I'm irritated and he was angry. “ She nodded and opened her bento . “ Excuse me ? “ The both of us look up and saw the group of boys I saw earlier staring at us . “ Yes ? “ The both of us tilted our heads and stared at them .

“ Who are the both of you exactly ? “ I turn to look at Yoori and she just shrugged and pointed at them using her head . “ My name is Briana . I'm Kris's younger sister . “  I bowed my head and turn to nudge her . “ Bang Yoori . “ She bowed her head as well and then went back to eating . I chuckled and turn to look at them .

“ How come she's sitting with us today ? I never really saw her before . “ A guy with eyeliner sassed and another guy with chubby cheeks smacked his head . I look at him blankly . “ She's my friend and she's actually a very nice person so she sits here with me . Is there a problem ? “ He was shocked but I just continue staring at him .

Yoori pinched my thigh and I yelped . She shake her head and pointed to the door but I just shake my head . “ If you're going than I'm following . “ “ No No !” The both of us look at a handsome guy with angelic features . “ You don't need to go , we just never saw a girl other than Amber or Miyoung sit here . Sorry for his rudeness , he's just normal like that . “

I nodded . “ Okay “ Yoori nodded and held out a piece of meat at me . I smiled and ate it from her chopstick . I smiled at her and held a thumbs up and she smiled . “ So , you're Kris hyung's younger sister ? The adopted one ? “ I nodded at the guy with the dark skin as I ate the meat and noticed that they didn't have food with them . “ Aren't you guys going to eat ? “

They look down and gasped . “ Damn , I forgot . “ “ Come on let's go get our food . “ Most of them got up went to get their food while a few stayed behind , including Sehun . He looked at me and I smiled . He nodded back and went back to eat his sandwhich . “ Hey guys , who are these- Annie ? “ I look up and smiled . “ Yixing ! “

He smiled and sat next to me . “ Hey , when did you come back ? “ He pinched my cheeks and I giggled . “ Today . “ He gasped . “ Aren't you tired or jet-lagged ? “ I shake my head . “ Nope , I'm good. “ He smiled and scooped up some rice with kimchi and held it at my mouth . “ Ahh “ I opened my mouth and smiled at the taste of kimchi .

I missed kimchi so much . “ He chuckled and patted my head . “ You know her too Lay hyung ? “ Lay nodded at Chanyeol . “ Yeah , she's my childhood friend . “ Lay then noticed Yoori . “ Oh Hi Yoori-shi . “ Yoori look up and nodded at him . “ You know her ge ? “ Lay nodded . “ She has chemistry with me and she was my lab partner last year .

I nodded . “ Ge who's Miyoung and Amber ? “ Lay look at me and smiled . I saw a spark  of love in his and I smiled knowing where this was going . “ Miyoung's my girlfriend and Amber is your brother's girlfriend . “ I made an 'o' and wiggled my eyebrows , He laughed  . “ Well , when do I get to meet them ? “ “ Unfortunately , Miyoung is sick today and Amber went for a basketball competition .

I smiled . “ Amber is in the basketball team ? Now I know how they met . “ Lay laughed out loud but shake his head . “ Not really , they fought the first time they met . “ This time I laughed . “ Why am I not surprised ? “ He chuckled . I turn to look at Yoori when I caught side of a tall guy with huge elf ears staring at Yoori like a lovesick puppy .

I smiled and turn to Yoori . “ Hey Yoori “ She look at me and I lean to her ear . “ I think the guy in front of you likes you . “ Her eyes widened and she slowly look at him and quickly look away when she had eye contact with him . I laughed . She pinched my side and I yelped but I still laughed anyway .

Her face was red now and I laughed even more . Chanyeol watched as the two girls interact and smiled when he saw Yoori blushed . He had to admit , he had liked her before this , the way she would scrunch her nose if she tried to solve an equation , the way she curls a strand of her hair from her face . Her big brown eyes .

“ Hey you okay man ? “ Chanyeol jumped and look at Baekhyun who was staring at him .  “ Yeah , I'm okay why ? “ “ You were staring at Yoori with a dreamy expression .  Thinking about her huhhh ? “  Yes , Baekhyun knows about his crush on Yoori . He is his best friend . “ Shut up . “ Baekhyun grinned .

Here , bibimbap without an egg . “ I smiled at Kris and thanked him for the food . “ You missed this huh ? “ I grinned and nodded at Lay .  Lay smiled and watch as she devour her food . “ You never change huh ? “ I nodded and look at him with my cheeks full of food . “ You look like a chipmunk ! “

Kris laughed and I just chewed my food . Sehun watched Briana from time to time and noticed her cheeks were puffed . Cute “ Hey Sehun , why don't you take her to her next class ? “ Sehun nodded and went back to eating his sandwich . Kris caught him staring at Briana and mentally smiled .