Chapter 9

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

Mina stares at the person sitting opposite to her, the person Chanyeol had introduced as Sehun? Mina wasn’t exactly sure, but one thing for sure is that he is definitely part of the enemy. His sharp jaw line with his pale skin perfectly contrasting his intense eyes completely convinces Mina. Mina keeps throwing angry suspicious glances in Sehun’s direction. She had contemplated backing out from this meeting many times over the past couple of weeks since Chanyeol had first asked her, but Chanyeol managed to convince her that it would be ok, he would be there to help. Mina frowned to herself, wondering why Chanyeol had managed to get under her skin so easily over the past few weeks. Chanyeol continued to summon her to his house whenever he had free time; if this was under normal conditions (i.e. anyone except Chanyeol) Mina would find it to be a total chore, but strangely it had become the norm, and Mina had never once thought it was unpleasant. She even had left a few puzzles at his house so that she didn’t need to continuously bring new ones each time she went to visit. She enjoys the time she spend with Chanyeol, even though most of the time Mina just focuses on her puzzles while listening to Chanyeol compose new song in the background. Chanyeol had force Mina to watch a couple of their music videos to let her get more accustomed to seeing the other member in his group. Mina sneaks a peek to her left at Chanyeol, who is chattering on about some random thing he did with Baek-something, totally oblivious to Sehuns discomfort while they all waited for Tiffany’s arrival. Sehun squirms slightly when he catches Mina’s slightly angry glances. A relieved look visibly passed over Sehun’s face when a girls walks through the Café doors. He waves with a smile spreading across his lips as he gets up and rushes to her side. Mina guesses that that is Tiffany. Mina frowns in her head, Tiffany’s image didn’t fit with what Mina had imagined; someone stupid enough to fall for the enemy. But somehow Tiffany just seems… normal?  

Sehun lead Tiffany to the table and Chanyeol introduces Mina and Tiffany to each other formally. Tiffany sits down opposite to Mina, relieving Sehun of the scary glances Mina kept throwing at him. The four become consumed in the menu deciding what to eat.

“I don’t know what I want… Pink lemonade or milk tea?” Tiffany says her eyebrows scrunched up together.

“What do you feel like having more?” Sehun asks looking up from his menu.

“…” Tiffany remains silent, “I’m not sure…”

“Have the pink lemonade.” Sehun says simply.

Mina sends an angry glance at Sehun; indeed all enemies are the same, deciding things without taking the other person into consideration.

“Knowing your low tolerance to sweet things, you’ll get sick of the milk tea.” Sehun says with a laugh, “I’ll have milk tea so you can just steal some of mine.”

Tiffany smiles, “Thank you!”

Sehun rolls his eyes, “I know you did that on purpose, you just wanted to steal some of my drink!” Sehun accuses.

Tiffany laughs as sticks out her tongue, which Sehun smiles in return.

Mina watches this scene in shock, somehow the enem- I mean Sehun, seems almost… Tame?

They place their orders and Chanyeol keeps everyone entertained with his nonsensical pranks he had done, and the trouble it had landed him in. Mina laughed when Chanyeol re-enacts the highlight of his mistake in one of their concerts. Chanyeol continues to talk animatedly about some story that happened at a photo shoot, Mina observed the couple in front of her, and it was all so strange. It was a foreign concept for Mina. She felt tempted to interview them for a study of some sort. Mina’s analysis is interrupted by their waiter bringing their food. Mina digs into her food, which tastes good, but Mina’s mind in somewhere else as she almost stabs her cheek with her fork when she was aiming for . Luckily Chanyeol grabs her hand, looking at her with questionable eyes. Mina blushes slightly; it is because she did something embarrassing and not because Chanyeol had grabbed her hand; or so Mina tells herself. Luckily this cause Mina to snap out of her trance and shakes off his hand and makes her focus on her food properly, and the rest of the meal passes peacefully. Chanyeol gets up to go to pay for the meal as Sehun excuses himself to go to the bathroom before they leave. Mina opened about to ask Tiffany the secret to their relationship, there must be something going on for someone to be willing to go out with an enemy. But before Mina could speak, a man appears out of nowhere, and one look from Mina, tells her that it is a low level enemy, but an enemy all the same.

“Hello, Ladies…”

Sehun walks out of bathroom wringing his still slightly wet hands when he sees an annoyed Mina but more importantly a guy leaning towards Tiffany, holding something out to Tiffany while smiling stupidly and laughing as if he knew her for a long time. Sehun bolts and grabs the guys hand seconds before Tiffany could take the object. The guy releases the object and there is silence in the entire Café as the object hits the ground with a plastic clang.

“What do you think you are doing with my girlfriend?” Sehun growls angrily as his grip tighten on the guys, which causes him to wince.

‘Sorry, I’m so sorry.” The guy continuously apologizes as he cowers slightly with Sehun towering over him. Sehun releases he grip and the guy apologizes again bowing profusely as he makes his escape.

Sehun still glares angrily after the retreating figure, but his gaze and body visibly softens when he feels a familiar hand on his arm. He turns as faces Tiffany who had a slightly amused expression but she was trying her best to frown.

“Sehun… He was just asking us to fill in a questionnaire…”

Sehun’s face turns slightly horrified when he sees the pen on the floor. He bends down and grabs the pen and runs out of the door, brushing lightly against a returning Chanyeol. Chanyeol reaches the table where the two girls are still sitting.

“Where did Sehun run off to?”

“He probably is looking for the poor guy from earlier.” Tiffany says nonchalantly as she chuckles slightly.

This surprises Mina; the whole little drama that unfolded in front of her eyes confuses her. She couldn’t imagine a person like Sehun (Who should be a high level enemy) reacting so protectively but kind at the same time. Although she doesn’t understand it she can’t help but think that maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if there was someone who would do that for her.