Chapter 17

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

It has been 3 days since Mina has gone missing. Dr Kim and the volunteers has been searching for Mina, the police and villager doing whatever they can to help, walking door to door recruiting more help. But as the days went on, people began fearing that they wouldn’t find her but rather a body. They all assumed that she had wondered into the mountains, focusing their search on the wooded area, missing the area they should be looking at, a small house on the outskirts of the village.

There was a loud knock on the door; Hosung sent a glare in the direction of an unconscious Mina.

“Hey Hosung!” a middle aged man smiles, ‘We’re looking for a girl who went missing in the woods.”

Hosung keeps his face emotionless, not giving himself away.

“I know you’re busy, but if you have time, it’ll be very helpful if you could join the search party, time is running out for the girl.” The man continues.

“Of course, I’ll go as soon as I sort out a few things.” Hosung says showing his teeth.

“Keep an eye out in the woods too ok?” The man says as his head to the next house.

Hosung goes over to Mina, prods her couple of time, before tying her hands to the metal frame of the bed.

“Be good ok?” Hosung says as he grabs the keys to his truck and head to join the search party.

Mina wakes up sometime after Hosung leaves. Her whole body felt lethargic. She struggles to focus her eyes, and take in her surrounding, the floor feels slightly grimy and she didn’t want to think of what it was on the floor. She saw a bucket in the corner, just barely in her reach, but judging by the smell being omitted from it, it was the clearly the temporary toilet that Hosung forced her to use a couple of days ago when she was barely conscious.

Mina continues to fade in and out of consciousness, and she is woken up by the hunger carving a whole in her abdomen. She feels her consciousness fading away when she heard her name being called desperately, it felt oddly familiar, and Mina tired to respond her voice fades as her mind drifts off as she heard the sound of a scuffle breaking out.

Mina is woken by freezing water being splashed onto her face, “Wake up.” Hosung says; something had clearly happened since she was last conscious, the evidence in the edge in Hosung’s voice and the angry purple bruise on Hosung’s jaw.

Mina glares at Hosung, “What is the point of doing all this?” She spits out the water in .

“How kind of you to ask.” Hosung says with a smile.

Mina says nothing as Hosung circles her. “You ruined my life.” Hosung says bitterly.

“My parents were so embarrassed with me they sent me here, while saying to other people that I went overseas to save face.” Hosung rants, “They sent me to this dump with barely anything.”

“That was your own fault.” Mina shot back.

Hosung chuckles darkly, “If you had just kept your mouth shut, and that stupid idol wouldn’t have gotten involved.” Hosung turns to look into Mina’s eyes. “My reputation was destroyed, and even my friends want nothing to do with me.”

Mina rolls her eyes, “what nice friends you have…”

Hosung grabs her shirt, “Don’t you patronize me.” He spat. “Don’t forget who is in control right now.” He says as he lets go of her shirt.

“What do you want from me?” Mina asks.

“What a smart question!” Hosung smiles, “I want to get my reputation back, but let’s be realistic, that’s not going to happen. So I’ll go for the next best thing, make you my slave, better known as my wife.”  He says with a laugh.

“In your dreams Hosung.”

“Oh Darling, We’re getting married.” Hosung mocks as he sits down on a rickety chair.

Mina glares at him.

“Don’t worry about the detail, I got us covered you know. I even got some priest to come up here to conduct the ceremony; I have a location picked out.” Hosung pauses dramatically, “what could possibly go wrong?” He laughs bitterly.

Mina absorbs this information, her brain desperately sorting through all the different ways she could get herself out of this mess. She thinks about the drama’s she sometimes watched with Minji when an idea pops up.

“You don’t have a witness! You need a witness for this to be valid. You can’t just grab someone of the street without them recognizing me, not with people looking for me.” Mina thinks, hoping her bluff about people looking for her wasn’t actually a bluff.

“Funny…” Hosung says chuckling.

“What?” Mina asks harshly.

“Funny how you brought that up.” He says wiping away an imaginary tear. “I told you not to worry, I got us covered.”

Mina looks carefully at him.

“It was supposed to be a surprise, but I guess I wouldn’t be too bad if I give it to you know.” He says getting up and dusting his pants. “I guess it will be an early wedding present then.” He says with a smirk as he turns to leave the room.

Once he leaves the room, Mina looks around her for something sharp the ropes on her wrist dug into her skin as she moved to see, but there was nothing in the bare room, at least nothing within her reach. She moves back to her original position when she hears the front opening and a lot of shuffling.

“I’m so glad the present was in the perfect condition when I went to get it.” Hosung chuckles harshly as he drags something heavy into the house.

Hearing her ‘surprise’ struggling against Hosung gave Mina a sick feeling in her stomach, if she had anything the throw up, she would, plus, she didn’t want to give Hosung the satisfaction.

Hosung throws the door open when an offbeat “TA DA!” as he shoves a mass towards Mina. She realizes it was a person as the person grunted when he was shoved down onto the floor next to Mina. Mina's heart sinks when she see's the person's face.

“I knew you would love my gift, but I’ll give you some time to fully ENJOY your present.” Hosung says as locks the door.