Chapter 13

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

Chanyeol breathes out a sigh of relief, his speech was finally over, and you’d think that this would be easy considering he has been an idol for several years now. He scans the tables, looking for Mina (partially because he forgot which table was his). He feels a soft hand land n his shoulder and smiles to himself, he turns around guessing that is was Mina, but instead, a doe-eyed boy looked back at him. His smile falters a bit but he manages to recover. Doe-eyed MAN, not boy, he mentally corrected himself, Luhan hyung would kill him if he knew. Chanyeol chuckles softly, while Luhan looks at him with a questioning look.

“Long time no see.” Luhan says with a smile.

“I know right? How long has it been six? Seven years?” Chanyeol says. “So the lawsuit…” Chanyeol continues but falters when he realizes he touched a sensitive topic. But he is relieved when Luhan smiles.

“It’s all over now; my contract would have expired anyways by now.” Luhan says with a twinkle in his eyes despite the serious look on his face. “I saw that Mina was your date?” Luhan says, changing the subject.

“Yeah!” Chanyeol says perking up. “You know her?”

“Yeah, funny story, I was once set up on a blind date with her.” Luhan says chuckling.

“Really?” Chanyeol says his mouth popping open in surprise.

“Yeah, she’s really interesting, I was surprised to see he with you considering her view on men.” Luhan says as he grabs a drink from one of the passing waiters. “Her friend told me something interesting.”

Chanyeol looks at Luhan who was busy looking at the empty dance floor.

“Her friend said that Mina would cut off all ties with any good looking guy that tries to pursue her.” Luhan says, “Not that I was interested or anything…” Luhan adds awkwardly.

The bride and groom stood in front of family and friends, cutting into the frosted wedding cake, smearing little dabs of Cake on each other, while smiling at each other as if there was no one except the two of them, and of course the cake. Mina smiles, she would like to have a moment like that. She sneaks a peak at Chanyeol who is grinning widely next to her. Actually, she would really like that.

A car door slams as the two make their way to Chanyeol’s house, with the click of the lock, Mina rushes to the couch and  flops onto the couch, “I am way to tired, I don’t want to leave~” Mina says. “We danced too much.” She complains jokingly.

“It’s your own fault, I told you to take a break.” Chanyeol says with his eyebrows raised.

“I couldn’t help it.” Mina says. The two spent the rest of the wedding dancing, the once abandoned dance floor filled up when Mina and Chanyeol impulsively started competing to see who had the craziest dance moves. “My feet are so sore…” Mina says as she massages her feet. “I refuse to walk anymore. I’m going to live here.” Mina says laughing.

“Sure, you can stay the night.” Chanyeol says nonchalantly.

“What?” Mina says as she sits up straight.

“Yeah, I mean, the couch is actually a very nice bed.”

Mina glares at the giant who stares equally as hard as her. “I. Am. Going. To. Sleep. On. The. Couch.” Mina says emphasizing each word.

“Not happening.” Chanyeol says as if it was already decided.

Under normal circumstance, Mina would be positively furious; an enemy was making decisions for her. But right now that concern was as far as it possibility can be from her mind.

“NO! I am the guest it’s exactly why I should sleep on the couch.” Mina says stomping her foot.

“Did you seriously just stomp your foot?” Chanyeol laughs.

Mina rolls her eyes, huffing, glaring at the innocent action figure on the shelf. She was actually a little scared to look at Chanyeol now.

Her world is suddenly turned upside down as Chanyeol grabs her by her waists and hoists her towards the room. Mina was not heavy, but Chanyeol had never worked out specially, so he was definitely feeling the strain. But thankfully he managed to dump Mina on the bed haphazardly before he collapses next to her. Mina sits up and she scoots toward the edge of the bed but Chanyeol grabs her arms and yanks her back.

“You will sleep in the bed.” Chanyeol says, suddenly serious, taking Mina by surprise, causing her to nod. Chanyeol’s face washes over back to his usual happy demeanor. “Ok, good night then.” He says as he gets up.

Mina nibbles on her lip nervously, “We’re friends right?” She asks as she tried to ignore the pain that shoots trough her heart as she says those worlds.

Chanyeol turns back after a brief pause and smiles Mina’s favorite smile. “Of course, I’m your prison break partner!”

“Then it should be fine right?”

 

Mina tries not to move too much, scared to jostle Chanyeol who was sleeping peacefully next to her. Mina was suffering from insomnia, her mind and heart just couldn’t calm down. “Chanyeol…” she whispers softly, wishing for some company. When there is no response, Mina decides to let him sleep. It felt comfortable lying next to him, it felt right, like way puzzle piece fit together. The events of the day float in her mind, her conversation with Tiffany stood out specifically. She imagines what it would be like to really be like to date Chanyeol, the more she imagined, the more she realized that what they had right now would be how they would be like if they were dating for real; except for the fact that they are only pretending to date. “I wish it was real…” she says, barely audible above Chanyeol’s soft breaths. Chanyeol shifts and suddenly pulls Mina towards him and locks her in his arms. Mina struggles a little before she gives up, it was no use. She takes a couple of deep breathes, she could feel Chanyeol’s heart beating steadily through the thin fabric of his shirt. His steady beat contrasted Mina’s erratic heartbeat. "It's not the same..." Mina pauses when another pain in her heart causes her to gasp, their hearts aren’t the same; lying next to Chanyeol suddenly became uncomfortable as if the room was collapsing onto her.

Chanyeol wakes up the next morning in an empty bed, Mina was nowhere to be found.