Chapter 7

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

Mina lies on her bed staring at her phone, or more specifically at Chanyeol’s number and the selca Chanyeol had taken on her phone for his own profile picture. Mina rolls her eyes remembering how she was attacking Chanyeol’s giant form when he hijacked her phone to give her his number and in the midst of it all he still managed to take a perfect picture. The enemy is just a different species that Mina will never understand. Mina stares harder at his picture. Should I message him?  Should I not? What if he is waiting for me to message him? Maybe he isn’t and a message will just scare him? Mina’s thoughts are distracted by a knock on her door. Her sister’s head pops into her room with a creepy smile on her face.  Mina rolls her eyes as she groans knowing what her sister has come to do. Minji smiles wider as she pushed open the door and jumps onto the bed almost squishing Mina. “I heard you took my advice?” she smiles mischievously as she pokes Mina’s side. Mina groans again as she rolls away from Minji’s pokes. Mina buries her face into a pillow, feeling her face turning red. Wait! Why am I blushing? It’s not as if we are really dating. Mina thinks to herself. When Minji gets bored at poking fun at Mina, (Mina decided plays dead.) Minji leaves Mina alone to her own complicated thoughts.

The next morning Mina was busy assisting Doctor Kim with a procedure when Mina feels her phone vibrate. Ever since last night she has been so much more conscious of her phone. Mina turns her focus back to the patient, ignoring her urge to check her phone. After another ten minutes, the procedure is finished and Mina goes to the bathroom and locks herself in one of the stalls. She takes a deep breath as she takes out her phone. She closes her eyes as she presses the message icon. She opens one eye first, she smiles when she sees Chanyeol’s face on the screen.

Hello ^^

How are you doing? I am doing fine (Just so you know).

Anyways, please meet me at XX tonight at XX.

PCY

Ps. don’t forget the deal~

Is he blackmailing me? Mina fumes but she smiles as she types a quick reply back. Mina returns to work feeling refreshed. Even Yeji commented on it, which Mina had just brushed off. The rest of the day passes quickly and before Mina noticed it was already the end of the day. Mina gets onto the bus as she tries to figure out where exactly Chanyeol had asked her to go to. It was in the quiet part of town but a high class area. Mina gets off the bus and follows the directions on her phone. Luckily the smart phone was invented, or else Mina wouldn’t have been able to find the address. The neighborhood was ridiculously quiet as she hasn’t seen a person after getting off the bus. Her phone tells her that she had arrived at her destination; a house that looked like it came out of a magazine. Mina would have turned around to leave immediately if she hadn’t spotted a familiar figure on the second floor balcony. Chanyeol waves as he disappears in the house. A few second later Mina hears heavy footsteps followed by the heavy door opening, revealing a smiling Chanyeol.

“Hello.” Chanyeol says with a grin.

“Good Evening…” Mina says coldly as she fidgets with her jacket.

“Why are you being so formal?” Chanyeol asks with a slight pout.

“Because you made me come out here! Where is this? The middle of nowhere?” Mina says with grin, no longer trying to hide her excitement.

Chanyeol sighs dramatically, “Yeah… welcome to my secret layer…” As he lets Mina in.

Mina walks into the wide living room; it was a simple room with simple furniture. Chanyeol sits down on a couch and pats the seat next to him. Mina rolls her eyes as she sit down as far as possible from Chanyeol. Chanyeol rolls his eyes as he gets up and flops down next to Mina, who also rolls her eyes.

“So, what am I doing here?” Mina asks breaking the silence.

“Tsk… tsk! Is this how you supposed to talk to your kind and caring (fake) boyfriend?” Chanyeol ask with a dramatic offended expression as he whispers the word fake.

 Mina rolls her eyes, “Oh kind and caring Chanyeol, why did you summon me here?” Mina plays along.

Chanyeol grins at Mina’s response as he reverts back to normal. “To keep me company.”


Mina looks at Chanyeol with suspicious eyes, “Don’t you have friends? Or group members?” Mina asks as she recalls a vague memory of Yeji going on and on about the different members. Yeji even showed her a video of them dancing, and Mina swore there were at least twenty people in that group.

“Well I actually just moved here not long ago, we all decided to leave the dorms, and now everyone had their own thing they are doing; DO is filming a new film, even our maknae is ignoring me, spending most of time with his girlfriend.” Chanyeol says.

“In other words you’re lonely.”

Chanyeol looks up with a grin, “Not anymore since my beloved (fake) girlfriend is here.”

Mina almost gagged as she hit the man.

Chanyeol laughs as he readjusts his long legs into a more comfortable position.

“So, tell me about yourself.” Chanyeol asks as he stretched out his legs. “I need to learn about my (fake) girlfriend.”

Mina rolls her eyes as she goes through the basics, her name, age, family and other things along those lines. Mina eventually runs out of things to say, Wow, I’m not very interesting am I, she thinks to herself.

Chanyeol, who was listening to Mina’s short self introduction, smiles, “Don’t worry about it, I am sure there are a lot of things you haven’t told me about.” Chanyeol says as if reading her mind.

Mina didn’t reply and just played with her finger, as she shifted uncomfortably on the couch. It wasn’t the first time had that thought, it happened before where she could have sworn that Chanyeol read her mind. Mina’s thoughts are interrupted when Chanyeol clears his throat.

“So what do you do when you have free time?” Chanyeol asks as he lazily brings his eyes up to meet Mina’s.

“Puzzles.” Mina says curtly, startled by the sudden eye contact.

Chanyeol’s face brightens up as he disappears into a dim lit hallway, leaving Mina sitting curiously in the living room. After some loud crashing followed by a deep yelp, which was then followed by more sounds of things tumbling down; Chanyeol finally returns a couple of moments later with a small box in hand.

‘I knew I had one somewhere.” Chanyeol says as he dusts of the box as he sits down next to Mina. He hands the box to Mina with an excited look in his eyes. Mina bursts out laughing when she sees the puzzle. Chanyeol frowned a little bit wondering if Mina was mentally ok.

Mina sees that as she stops laughing, “I would have never expected to see a twenty something year old man with something like this.”  Mina says as she quickly help up the box, a 100 piece Rilakkuma puzzle.

Chanyeol’s face flushes a bright shade of pink as he tries to get the puzzle back from Mina, “There is nothing wrong with it!” he huffs as he towers over the girls as he desperately tries to get the puzzle.

“You’re right.” Mina says with a soft laugh as she gently shoves Chanyeol aside, clearing the table as she opens the puzzle and dumps out the pieces.


Author Note: It's a little late...