Chapter 6

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

A month and a half has passed since that incident before Mina’s parent brought up blind dates again. They assured her that they did adequate research on the date this time, and everyone gave rave reviews. Mina frowned a little when her parents brought it up, but it was nothing new and so Mina just smiled and let her parents know it was fine. Mina felt bad when she saw how relived and happy her parents looked when she agreed. She figured that this was just a small thing she could do that would put her parents at ease.

However Mina regrets agreeing to meet this guy as she stares blankly at the man opposite her. He is normal looking, which initially made Mina hopeful that this date wouldn’t be so bad. But about an hour into their date, Mina was bored out of her skull. The date began rather normally, asking about family and interest, but when Mina ran out of things to speak about the man didn’t miss a beat as he excitedly talking about his job as a video game developer. Mina has a certain appreciation for video games, She enjoy playing the popular one like Wii games and others in that line, she would even dabble in some online games. However she had no knowledge about how video games work; she just knows how to play them. As the man (Mina forgot his name already) talked excitedly about a new game his was working on, describing the different aspects of the game development, Mina felt like she was back in college. It reminded her of this one lecturer she had; he was a nice old man, but then problem is when he would give his lectures in a monotonous fashion which made for the perfect environments for sleeping. Mina sighs as she tries to understand what her date was saying, but Mina eventually gives up as she gives random ums and I see. Mina is relived when the food comes because there is finally something to do but the meal comes and goes and her date is still going strong. Mina groans internally when the date takes a turn for the worse when her date starts going on about how much money the gaming industry makes and in turn, how much money he is making. Mina wishes the ground would just open up and swallow her. In the end, it’s always the same, money is the ultimate goal. Mina is relieved to see that the date seems to be coming to end but the little sliver of hope disappears when her date suggests dessert. Mina frowns as the torture continues while they wait for the dessert menu to arrive. Someone on save me! Mina thinks in her head, I can’t take another second longer!

“Mina!” Someone calls out to her.

Mina smiles as she turns to see face her Savior, her smiles widens when she see’s Chanyeol walking over dressed like he walked straight off the runway with a simple white shirt, black blazer. Mina was so busy taking in the presence that Chanyeol exuded; she didn’t notice her date frown deeply at the intrusion.

“Fancy seeing you here!” Chanyeol says excitedly as he shoves a hand in his pocket. “And this is?” Chanyeol asks as he extends a hand out towards. “Nice to meet you, I’m Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol.” HE says flashing a signature smile. “I’m Mansoo.” OH! That’s what his name was Mina thinks to herself failing to notice Mansoo’s expression darkens. “You are who?” Mansoo asks with a hint of bitterness. Chanyeol gives Mina a sneaky smile before he turns back to Mansoo, “I’m Mina’s boyfriend.” He says with a smile. Mina’s jaw almost dropped to the ground and turns to Chanyeol, he mouth wide open. WHAT DID HE JUST SAY? Chanyeol chuckles as he continues; “Now if you don’t mind, I would like a word with my girlfriend.” Chanyeol says as he takes Mina’s hand pulling her up as he puts his arm around her waist. Mansoo’s face was visible grey as he nods. “It was nice meeting you.” Chanyeol says as he leads a still shocked Mina away. Mina manages to recover enough to turn back and face Mansoo, “I’m so sorry.” She says before Chanyeol pulls her away.

Once they are outside, Chanyeol lets go of Mina and bursts into laughter. The deep rumbling laughter is infectious as Mina starts laughing too. “Chanyeol! You are so bad!” Mina says between laughs as she starts gasping for air. ‘I know, I know, but his face…” Chanyeol says as he bursts into another fit of laughter. The pairlaughs like crazy people on the sidewalk as pedestrians shoot questioning glances at the pair. Mina is the first to recover when the realization of the whole situation hit her. “I should go back and apologize, I have to explain.” She says as she walks back towards the door when she is yanked back. “Do you know how much trouble it was to get you out of there?” Chanyeol asks still laughing. “Besides, I paid for the meal already and left a note explaining the situation.” Mina nods, “But seriously Chanyeol what were you thinking?” Chanyeol smiles widely, “I thought you were practically begging to get out of there, unless I was wrong, then you should go and eat dessert with Mansoo.” Mina laughs as she hits Chanyeol playfully. “Come on, I’ll take you home, it’s getting late.” He says as he walks towards a black Mercedes. Chanyeol unlocks the car and opens the door as he helps Mina get in, “You sure have a fancy car.” Mina comments as she straps herself in. “Nah, it’s my dongsaeng’s car.” Chanyeol replies as he closes the door and walks to the other side and gets in to the car. “I borrowed it from him when I saw you from across the street.” Chanyeol continues. Mina nods, “So what were you doing here?” Mina asks.
“Press conference from across the street.”

“What was it about?” Mina asks.

“My contract with my company ended, but I decided to renew it, so yeah there was a press conference about that.”

I see that my house was coming into view, “How do you know where I live?” Mina asked.

Chanyeol laughed, ‘I remember from last time.”

Mina smiled, “thank you for that.” Mina says as they pull up in front of her house.

Chanyeol walks with Mina towards the front door.

“I wish that my parents would stop setting me up!” Mina randomly says to fill in the silence.

“What if there was a way?’’ Chanyeol says with a smile.

Mina laughs loudly, “then I’ll do it in a heartbeat.”

The front door opens abruptly and Mina’s mom comes out, “Honey! How was it?” Her mom asks her excitedly before she noticed Chanyeol next to her, ‘And who is this young man?” Her mom asks excitedly.

“I’m Park Chanyeol, from before…” Chanyeol says with his signature smile as Mina’s eyes widen as she recognizes Chanyeol. “And I’m Mina’s boyfriend.”

Mina’s mom’s eyes widen even more Mina, while Mina just stared at Chanyeol with wide open once again.

“OH MY! This is great news! Please take care of Mina! She is a strange child, but she is a good daughter.” Mina’s mom says excitedly. “I’ll leave you two alone; I need to tell your dad!” She says as she walks back into the house. “Honey! You would have never guessed what~ we don’t need to worry anymore! We will get to hold our own grandchildren.” Mina hears her mom speak to her dad just as the door closes.

Mina angrily hits Chanyeol, “What were you thinking???”

Chanyeol laughs as he caught Mina’s hand stopping them, “You should be thanking me! Now you won’t need to go on those blind dates!”

Mina thinks silently for some time.

“What is in it for you?” Mina asks suspiciously.

“Nothing much, I just want a little bit of your time.”

Mina considers this seriously;she thinks of the incident with Hosung and Mansoo, other men definitely feel threatened by Chanyeol…

“Haven’t you ever heard of the saying my enemy’s enemy is my friend?” Chanyeol says as if he was reading Mina’s mind.

Mina smiles widely, which Chanyeol returns, “So we have a deal?” Chanyeol asked.

“Deal.”


Author Note: Happy New Year!!!