Chapter 3

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

“A man should never call women names; much less lay their hand on women.”

Mina opens her eyes and sees Chanyeol towering over the enemy with a hand firmly gripping the enemy’s arm.

“Let go of me.” The enemy shouts as he struggles to get out of Chanyeol’s grip.

Chanyeol looks at him for a few moments before letting him go.

“Mind your own business would you? We are perfectly fine, right Mina?” the enemy shouts glaring at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol turns to face Mina, looking straight into her eyes, his expression softens when Mina start feeling something wet on her face. She put her hands to her face and is shocked to see the tears on her face. She doesn’t remember when last she cried.

Chanyeol turns back to the enemy and He grabs the enemy’s collar without a word and shoves him against the side of the taxi. They stay like that for a few moments, “Leave.” Chanyeol growls before letting him go. The enemy collapses to the floor visibly shaken and a few shades paler. Chanyeol then grabs my hand and leads me into the hotel as people were starting to gather around. Mina tries her best to keep up with Chanyeol’s large strides as she tries to wipe away the tear that wouldn’t stop falling. She almost bumps into Chanyeol as he stand in front of two doors, one with a lady and one with a man on it. After hesitating for a few moments he pushes open the door with the man on it and locks it. He then turns to Mina and lift her onto the counter. He then goes to grab some tissues and hands it to Mina. Mina takes the tissues dabs at her face but the tears won’t stop, she tries taking deep breathes. The tears become less frequent but she starts hiccupping. Chanyeol, who was standing beside her the whole time suddenly, opens the door and leave. Mina sits on the counter as she tries to return to normal. She calms down enough for her to wonder if Chanyeol was coming back. It has been a while, I guess he left, she thinks to herself as she gets off the counter. She is about to open the door when the door opens and Chanyeol comes in. He frowns and he stuffs something in his pocket before he lifts her up and puts her back onto the counter.

“Here, drink this; it’ll make you feel better.” He says as he takes out multiple cans of different drinks from his pockets. “I didn’t know what you like…” he says smiling widely, showing his teeth. Maybe it was because Mina wasn’t in her right mind she unconsciously reaches over and touches his teeth. “You have nice teeth…” She mumbles.

If it was even possible, Chanyeol smiles even wider, bringing Mina back to reality. She blushes as she removes her finger quickly and grabs some green tea and gulps it down. She drinks too fast causing it to go down the wrong pathway, which resulted in her coughing uncontrollably. Chanyeol pats her back concerned. “Drink slowly, there is no hurry.” Mina finally stops coughing and drinks her green tea normally. She doesn’t know what to do, Chanyeol is technically a high level enemy (due to his beauty), but her did just save her. She sneaks another glance at Chanyeol’s teeth.

“Do you like what you see?” Chanyeol asks as he smiles.

Mina scoffs and rolls her eyes. “I was just admiring your teeth.” She chuckles, which surprised herself.

Chanyeol laughs, his deep voice echoing in the small room. “You know… I don’t think I ever met someone who liked my teeth more than me.”

“There is nothing wrong with admiring it.” Mina replies, glaring at the laughing boy.

“It’s just because you were so cold to me at the clinic I thought you hated me.”

“I see that other guys hate you too…” Mina shoots back, referring to the incident with the enemy a few moments earlier.

“Nah, He just felt threatened by me, the extra height and all.” Chanyeol replies laughing again, but suddenly stops and looks at me. “Do you really hate me?” he asks seriously.

Mina nods, he is part of the enemy troops, but to her surprise she finds herself shaking her head. In the end she shrugs, “I don’t know.” She confesses.

“Does it have something to do with that guy earlier?” Chanyeol asks.

“NO… Yes… Not really…” Mina answers; not knowing where exactly to begin to explain.

“Is he your boyfriend?” Chanyeol asks.

“No!!!” Mina answer, horrified. “NO WAY!” as she looks down at the can in her hand, because of this Mina didn’t see Chanyeol’s relieved smile.

“So then…?” Chanyeol asks, and this time, Mina starts speaking. She tells Chanyeol about the blind dates her parents always set up, which led to her explaining her enemies, which led to the incident with her sister. Mina kept on speaking, spilling all her secrets that only her family knows, surprising herself, but she doesn’t stop until everything was out. And surprisingly it felt good to tell Chanyeol about it. When she had finally run out of words, she glances at Chanyeol, who was listening attentively. Mina blushes when she makes eye contact and grabs another can to drink as was now bone dry from all that speaking.

“So I am part of the enemy?” Chanyeol asks. Mina nods. “But you can’t bring yourself to hate me?” Chanyeol says with a smile; surprising Mina. Mina hesitates for a few moments before finally nods, feeling a blush creep with her cheeks yet again. Mina try to hide it by looking the way, missing Chanyeol’s widening smile.

Chanyeol insists on seeing Mina back to her house, refusing to let a girl go home alone, especially with what happened with the enemy earlier today. The taxi ride back to Mina’s house is quiet, but comfortable. Mina found herself dozing off, tired from the events that happened throughout the day. In the midst of her dozing off she didn’t notice Chanyeol pull her closer and rest her head on his shoulder.  However Mina did sleep comfortably for the rest of the ride back to her house.