Chapter 15

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

Minji sighs as she looks at her sister sitting in front of the TV, stuffing a spoonful of ice cream into . Minji frowns when Mina grabs some chips and adds it to the ice cream.

“Are you sure that’s healthy?” Minji asks as she sits down next to her sister.

Mina gives her a half hearted glare before turning back to the TV.

“What are you watching?” Minji asks as the commercial plays on screen.

Mina just stares silently at the TV and shoves another spoonful of the mixture in .

“Mind if I change the channel?” Minji says as she grabs the remote. Mina grabs the remote out of her hand and glares at the Minji.

It takes a few moments for Mina to realize how crappy she was acting. “I’m sorry…” she says as the commercial ends and Chanyeol appears on screen. Minji watches Mina watch the onscreen Chanyeol.

“Mina…” Minji says softly, causing Mina to finally tear her eyes away from the screen. “What happened?”

Hearing those words triggered something in Mina, and suddenly everything came out in a hurry. The fake relationship, the wedding and the last date, but she leaves out the feelings she wishes to keep hidden.

“Why did you decide to stop the fake dating?” Minji asks after absorbing all the information.

Mina just shakes her head.

Minji nods, she knows Mina will tell her when she is ready.

“I feel stupid…”Mina says after a few moments of silence.

“Maybe you are?” Minji says as she gets up and heads to her own room.

Mina reaches for her phone and presses Chanyeol caller ID. The call connects with a click and the phone rings, once, twice, three times, and it doesn’t stop until the mechanical voice tells her to try again later.

Mina tries again later, with the same response. Maybe Chanyeol doesn’t want to see her; after all, he would just be doing what she asked.

Mina suddenly feels suffocated in the house and decides to go for a walk, she grabs her hat, and the hat that Chanyeol once said was cute. She pushes those thoughts away as she opens the door letting in some angry wind whipping through the streets.

Chanyeol sighs loudly, but his sigh is blown away by the wind as he speeds up as he cycles next to the Han River. He keeps replaying the same scene in his mind, Mina’s face when she said she didn’t need him. He slows to a stop to admire the majestic bridges in front of him, the river reflecting the orange and red hues of the setting sun. He glances at the people walking across the bridges in dull grays, cream and black when something catches his eye. A maroon hat bobs through the people, something about the hat reminds him of someone, Mina, Chanyeol blinks again when he sees the figure pause in the middle of the bridge and climb onto the lower railing to get a better view of the sunset. Mina stood there for a moment, Chanyeol looked at her for a moment before he gets ready to get going again when he catch Mina tumble over the railing as if there was an imaginary force pulling her towards the water. “What is she thinking” Panic creeps up Chanyeol’s spine, he only paused for a millisecond before he climbed onto his bike and raced closer to Mina who bobbing in the water with her arms swinging frantically, but she still struggled to keeps her head above water. Chanyeol ran to the water bank, I thought Mina could swim, he thought to himself.

“MINA!!!” He yells, why isn’t she swimming, she is going to drown! He thinks, and that is when it hits him, Maybe she wants to drown, Chanyeol should have known something was wrong, But instead of helping her, he did what he told her and left her alone. Chanyeol took of his jacket and jumped into the water, his feet sinking into the muddy banks before the water was deep enough for him to swim, the water current made it difficult for Chanyeol to reach Mina. He could swim, but not under these conditions, but he pushes though when he sees Mina’s head duck under the water yet again. He kicks the water closing the last meter between them, and he yanks her head above the water.

“MINA!!!” Chanyeol yells will on hand around her and another steadying himself. But Mina’s eyes were closed and slightly open. “LIM MINA!” Chanyeol yells again, fear coursing though his tired body, NO! This can’t be happening, this not what it is supposed to be like. Chanyeol glances at the shore, it was too far for him to get both of them there. Chanyeol groans as he yanks Mina higher in his arms, there is no way. A very faint Buzzing sound can be heard and as it gets closer, relief settles over Chanyeol; the rescue boat was coming.

 

Mina gets up groggily, every breath she takes feels raw, what happened? She was walking on the bridge… she stopped to get a better look at the sunset and then she was falling. Mina reaches for her back, the ghost of two hand print planted firmly on her back. It wasn’t an accident, someone pushed her. The door opened, startling Mina, who froze, staring at Chanyeol who looked equally as surprised.

“You are awake…” He says softly. “Are you ok?”

Mina nods looking away.

“What were you thinking?” Chanyeol says softly trying to disguise the anger laced in his voice.

“What?” Mina manages to croak out.

“Why did you jump?”

Mina’s eyes fly open, ‘I Didn’t I was-“ She tried to get up but Chanyeol pushes her down.

“Lie down.” He says as he angrily puts the blanket back in place. They sit in silence as Chanyeol sits at the edge of the bed. Mina looks at the angry lines etched into Chanyeol’s face; maybe it will be better if he didn’t know about the push.

Chanyeol gets up, “If you’re fine, I’ll be leaving.” Mina panics and grabs his hands. “Please stay…” She says clearer, her voice was starting to recover.

Chanyeol stands motionless for a few seconds, “why?” he says, more of a plea than a question.”I thought you were done with me.”

“Sorry, I’m sorry ok? Please, please just be my friend again.” She says tugging at his arm, while she hides the words she really wants to say.

“I don’t want to.” Chanyeol says softly, rearranging his cap.

“What… I don’t understand…” Mina says her voice cracking slightly, her heart freezing over.

“You know what?” Chanyeol says angrily, looking out the window, “I don’t understand either.” Chanyeol walks away from the window heading towards the door. “I need to cool off my head…” He says with regret as he slams the door.

Mina sits there shell shocked, she waited for the tears, but all she got was emptiness.


Author Note: Hello! I feel like this is the first time I have been on time for a while! YAY! I thought I would do some awkward advertising while I am here... Please go check my other stories if you have nothing better to do.

On Sunny Days

Man In My Dreams

Or maybe you shouldn't go check it out after all... I don't know anymore... I'll just leave this here... Do whatever you want to do. :)