Chapter 1

My Enemy’s Enemy is my friend

Mina walks down the busy corridor of the Doctor Kim’s dental clinic, carrying the next patients report. She sighs as she sees that almost all of the female staff has gathered in front of the examination room trying to sneak a peek of the mystery patient. Mina rolls he eyes, it’s probably another famous idol. Doctor Kim is a famous dentist, many singers and idols seek out his expertise.

“Who is it this time?” Mina asked the crowd while rolling her eyes.

“It’s Chanyeol!” Yeji answers without taking her eyes off the person inside the room. Yeji is one of Mina’s best friends who went to the same college.

“Chan who?” Mina asks as she tried to find an opening so that she can get inside the room before Doctor Kim came.

“Park Chanyeol, from EXO?” Yeji explains.

“Am I supposed to know who that is?” Mina replies back slightly annoyed as she can’t find an opening.

“Mina, you should really consider climbing out from that rock you’re under.” Yeji knows about Mina’s enemy, but she really wishes that her friend would at least follow some idol groups so that they could have a normal conversation.

“OK ladies, that enough, please get back to work.” Doctor Kim appears from the room next door. They giggle as they catch one last glimpse of the idol before leaving to their various stations. Mina breathes a sigh of relief as she goes into the room and starts preparing the equipment for Doctor Kim.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Park, How are you doing today?” Doctor Kim asks.

“Pretty good, I can’t complain.” A deep voice answers.

He has a nice voice, Mina thinks to herself as she finishes up with the preparations and she gathers her things as she prepares to leave.

“Your teeth are perfect as usual, but we will do a little polishing as planned.” Doctor Kim gets up, “Mina, can you please set that up too.”

“No problem.” Mina smiles as Doctor Kim leaves the room to see another patient.

As soon as the doctor leaves, Mina lets her smile drop, she was planning on making a run for it, but now she is forced to face this patient. She sighs mentally as she grabs tools from the lower drawer and a paper towel. She takes a deep breath before she turn around to place the paper towel and clips it onto the patient’s chest. She turns around to grab some other things as put them in place when she hears a rumbling chuckle from the patient. It ticks her off, stay professional, stay professional she tells herself as she grabs a paper cup under the little tap next to the patient. She turns back when she hears the distinct chuckle once again. Mina snap around to glare at the patient, looking at him for the first time today, she is taken aback when she see him looking straight at her. He is good looking alright, not quite the same as the other idols she has seen before. Mina snaps out of it quickly, this is the enemy she’s dealing with. “Is there a problem?”

“Oh, no, I just thought you were cute.” Chanyeol answer, a little flustered but the sudden attention.

Mina frowns, what is wrong with this idol? Such a flirt, Mina thinks before turning back to get some tissues.

“Uh, it was just that you were trying your best to not look at me, so I found it cute. It’s not like I am saying you are cute.” Chanyeol explains, “Not that you are not, not cute.” Chanyeol adds flashing a toothy grin.

The smile takes Mina by surprise, his teeth are perfect!? Ever since she started working here, she has seen good teeth, but not teeth quite as nice as his.

“I am going to lower the chair now.” Mina notifies Chanyeol. As she lowers the seat she notices how his feet are slightly dangling off the edge of the chair. He’s really tall, Mina thinks to herself as she asks Chanyeol to open his mouth to continue with the preparation. It takes all of Mina’s self control to not reach for her phone to snap a few pictures of Chanyeol’s teeth. They really are the best maintained teeth she has seen. Mina laughs to herself; she never thought she would feel this way about someone’s teeth. She stands up and takes off her gloves.

‘Tell me, what are you smiling about?” Chanyeol asks.

Mina turns to face Chanyeol as her face feels her face starting to heat up. She can’t tell him that she likes his teeth. That would be totally creepy. As if Fate has decided to save her, the door opens and Doctor Kim walks in.

“Let’s get started, I know you have places to be.”

Doctor starts working as Mina quietly slips out of the room. She collapse onto a chair outside the room and try to cool down her flaming cheeks. Yeji spots her and quickly walks over and sits in the other chair.
“So? How did it go? He’s handsome isn’t he?”Yeji smiles with a knowing smile.

“Pretty normal for the enemy.” Mina replies monotonously, not wanting to give Yeji the satisfaction.

“Aish! You are no fun at all!” Yeji sulks, “Why are you always the lucky one? Doctor Kim always asks you to help the famous patient.”

Mina rolls her eyes, “I am sure if you could behave professionally he would be happy to ask you.”

Yeji sighs, “I really wanted to do it this time. Do you know how lucky you are?”

“He seem pretty normal to me, what so special about him?” Other than his perfect teeth Mina thinks to herself.

“My child, you really don’t know anything! He is the rapper in EXO!”

“Wrapper? EXO? Yeji, are you ok?” Mina laughs.

“It’s rapper! Not wrapper, do you even listen to Kpop at all? And it EXO as in EXOplanet?” Yeji explains.

“Listening to Kpop is supporting the enemy! Does that mean they are aliens?” Mina whispers dramatically.

“YAH! Don’t make fun of them!” Yeji protest as she hits Mina. “They are one of the most popular idol group around! But yes they are technically ‘aliens’ each with their own unique superpower.”

“I don’t want to hear this nonsense! It’s like Moonlight all over again.” Mina laughs as she walks off to go get the next patient’s documents.

“MINA! Just so you know it’s TWILIGHT!!! It’s honestly a good book ok?” Yeji protests.

Mina just laughs, rolling her eyes. Yeji may be her friend, but she doesn’t understand why Yeji like to follow all these trends, especially ones where the enemy features.

The rest of the day passes peacefully, and as Mina’s shift ends, dread starts filling her stomach from the very bottom. Her phone vibrates; Mina grabs her phone and sees a message from her mom.

-Don’t forget! 7:00 at XX. Love Mom

Mina rolls her eyes, her parent have set up yet another blind date for her. Mina has been to so many she has lost count, her parent’s current philosophy is – new day, new date. Mina sighs internally, it started out ok, but she swears he parents are running out of option. It seems like the dates are becoming worse and worse. The one last week was her mother’s friend’s daughter in law’s friend’s cousin. He was a foreigner and he couldn’t even speak Korean. Mina sighs; she had heard that the guy in question today had a bit of reputation with her peers as being a bit of a player; but he puts on the act of the perfect gentleman in front of seniors. She freshens up before she got on the bus and headed to the restaurant. She just hopes this date will end early and she can finally just go home and relax. Her legs were killing her!