Reconsidering

Meet the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days were left until Donghae would get married to Jessica. He was standing in front of the mirror, looking at himself while the others were out to find another suit for him. Since the marriage was set on a way too close date, there hadn’t been a lot of time to prepare the wedding and his mother had forced him to one of the stores to get a new suit.

 

He wasn’t happy and the man in his reflection was a liar.

 

Donghae was a liar. He was a fraud.

 

“I’m falling victim for my own stupid play.“, he mumbled, regretting that he had promised to help Amber and got into his dilemma in the first place. If he had never fallen in love with Hyukjae, he wouldn’t have suffered as much now. He would have married Jessica with enough indifference to live with it. But he had passed the point of no return. 

 

Now it was pain. Unimaginable pain.

 

Henry opened the door to the dressing room, another suit in his hands he wanted to hand to his brother who was standing in front of the mirror like a marble statue.

 

“Try this.“, he offered to his brother.

 

“You will hurt…“, Donghae mumbled.

 

“Pardon?“ Henry looked up at his brother in irritation. 

 

“If you marry Krystal…you will hurt…I’m hurting so much right now, you can’t imagine.“

 

The younger brother remained silent, only glancing at his brother with raised eyebrows. Whatever Donghae had to say, he had his brother’s attention for sure.

 

“I fell in love with my sister’s husband and see where it got me…I will marry Jessica, not matter if I like it or not…but all I want to do is run right now…how can I live being married to someone I will never be able to love…how will you be able to marry Krystal who will never be able to love you? This all is wrong…“

 

Henry blinked for a second before he pressed the suit into Donghae’s hands. 

 

“Try it on otherwise our mother will be disappointed. I’ll go and look for another one you can try on. Just wait in here.“

 

His ignorance left Donghae unaffected. His whole life everyone was looking away when unfair decisions were made. No one ever dared to change things. Not even Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun had run away. But he had never tried to rescue one of his siblings. And Donghae? Donghae couldn’t do anything without hurting the ones he loved. 

 

Life was unfair.

 

And just like anyone else, he would do nothing about the unfair treatment. He would just endure… like everyone else did.

 

 

 

Outside it was raining like crazy and Kyuhyun was turning the invitation to his brother’s wedding in his hands over and over again. Should he go and watch the worst thing on earth happening or not? 

 

He didn’t feel like seeing his father, the hatred towards him still deeply anchored in him.

 

“Did you decide on what to do?“, Siwon asked Kyuhyun, looking over his shoulder, gently back hugging him.

 

“Not yet.“, his boyfriend answered with a sigh.

 

Seeing the invitation stirred up the weirdest feelings in him. He was still often thinking of Sungmin who didn’t contact Kyuhyun ever since. Kyuhyun wanted to know how he was doing… if he was alright or if his father had carried out his threat.

 

“I wish I could turn back time…“, Kyuhyun mumbled, deep sadness and sorrow haunting him. Alone the thought of his ex-boyfriend left him in melancholy.

 

“Hey…! Then we wouldn’t be together!“, Siwon teased Kyuhyun and ruffled through his hair, the younger one grumpily slapping his hands away. 

 

“Stop that!“, he shouted disgruntled and glared at the stripper who got up from the couch to disappear laughingly into the kitchen, preparing some tea.

 

If Kyuhyun could turn back time…

 

He grabbed his phone and looked depressed at the screen. The screensaver of him and Sungmin had long gone and was replaced by his company icon. Until now he hadn’t been ready to use a photo of him and Siwon, this was still not matching with the ideas of his life how it should be. 

 

As if he had seen him through a CCTV the name Lee Sungmin suddenly popped up on Kyuhyun’s phone screen and caused him to wince in shock.

 

Immediately he answered the call.

 

“What’s wrong?!“

 

Back then Kyuhyun had planned to act the iest on earth when he would ever get in contact with Sungmin again but reality was too often too different from imagination and so his voice was sounding extremely worried and caring instead of pissed.

 

“Can we talk?“, Sungmin asked, “I’m in front of the building…“

 

“You’re here?!“, Kyuhyun asked in surprise.

 

“Yes…“

 

“…o-okay! Wait a sec, I’ll be there!“

 

As if stung by an adder Kyuhyun got up from the couch and grabbed his jacket.

 

“Hey Siwon, I’m out for a second! Urgent matter! I’ll explain later!“ 

 

No he would not. But his boyfriend shouldn’t interfere when he was meeting Sungmin.

 

 

Sungmin was waiting in front of the front door, a black coat keeping him warm outside in the freezing rain. He looked awful.

 

“You wanted to talk?“, Kyuhyun asked and stopped in front of Sungmin, his breath forming fog in front of his lips under the cover of his umbrella.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter