Friends with Benefits

Meet the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was pretty late when the siblings decided to head back home. They were packing their stuff together when suddenly each of their phones started to vibrate, signalizing that there was an e-mail waiting to be checked before they even left the coffee shop.

 

“What’s this?“, Henry asked and checked his phone.

 

“An invitation…to a golf match in two days?“, Amber extracted the main information out of the e-mail. A golf match sounded suspicious.

 

“OH NO, HE DIDN’T!“ Kyuhyun’s outcry left the others speechlessly looking at him… and everyone knew why he was reacting like this.

 

The e-mail consisted more likely of a listing of who would attend the golf event instead of being an invitation as it was proclaimed in the subject line. On top of the attending list the name ‘Lee Sungmin and wife‘ were written causing Kyuhyun to lose his temper. But not only Kyuhyun was horrified by the listing. The names Jessica Jung and Krystal Jung were also registered, Donghae and Amber both jar dropping when they read it. This invitation was basically the command to attend a social event that would be the nightmare of everyone.

 

“First, you’re meeting my father against your promise? Then, you’re taking your wife with you?! Fine! If you want it that way…brace yourself, Lee Sungmin! I can play this game just as good as you!“, Kyuhyun huffed and everyone knew that the match in two days would be a disaster.

 

 

Two silent days had passed in which no one had dared to provoke the volcano in the middle of the Lee family to erupt. But the hypocritical peace couldn’t last forever and the tension was high when Amber, Henry, Donghae and Hyukjae were sitting in the car on their way to the golf club.

 

“I still don’t get why everyone of us has to attend“, Henry complained. He was sitting next to Amber on the back seats, the two leading males in front, Hyukjae driving.

 

“It’s a family event, that’s why.“, Donghae answered. “Family plus business partners.“

 

“Means showing off what a great family we are…“, Amber mumbled and looked out of the window, the golf club becoming bigger and bigger the closer they got. The woman let out a sigh, still insecure what she should expect of the day.

 

Before they set off in the morning, Kyuhyun had declared that the others should prepare for some scandal. And Kyuhyun talking of a scandal never meant anything good.

 

The others were already on the field, preparing themselves to start the game. The siblings and Hyukjae were stepping on the expensive lawn with mixed feelings, even Hyukjae didn’t feel comfortable with the get-together. 

 

Amber dug her elbow into her brother’s ribs, reminding him of the plan they had set up all together.  He needed a moment to get the courage to go for what he had wanted to do and quickly walked next to his sister’s husband.

 

“Are you alright? You seem worried.“, he remarked on Hyukjae’s taciturnity. Hyukjae was a calm person but not saying anything at all was odd, even for him. 

 

“I’m fine.“, he answered, a bit confused by Donghae approaching him all of a sudden. “I never played golf before, that’s why I’m a bit nervous, but that’s all.“

 

Donghae forced himself to get into the very first physical contact with Hyukjae by patting his shoulder. It was awkward. Very awkward.

 

Hyukjae must have felt similar, his head twirled around towards Donghae as if his touch had given him an electric shock. Immediately Donghae took his hand back, placing it in his trouser pockets. 

 

A weird atmosphere coated the two guys, none of them could put in words how strange it was and where this feeling came from. But there was not a lot of time left to give it a deeper thought since the person Donghae was most scared of to meet was shouting excitedly across the whole golf course.

 

“DONGHAAAAAAEEEE!!!“

 

The two males winced at the same time and looked towards the front where Jessica was jumping up and down, waving wildly when she saw Donghae coming.

 

“…oh no.“, Donghae muttered.

 

“Your fiancée?“, Hyukjae asked and gave him an encouraging smile. The male twin answered his smile with a slight shake of the head. There was nothing encouraging in this situation. He shouldn’t even try.

 

Next to Jessica her younger sister was standing, both of them wearing exactly the same outfit - probably Jessica’s idea. She didn’t look as happy as the other female, she was rather calm and resigned. 

 

When the group was almost complete  and Donghae and his companions joined the others, Jessica immediately stuck to him like a blood - thirsty leech, her arms wrapped around his arm, her head clinging to it, rubbing at it as if she was some needy cat.

 

“Hey…cut it off, okay? We’re not alone…“, Donghae whispered towards her and tried to loosen her fingers to get rid of her but the woman didn’t give in, her grip only becoming stronger.

 

“I didn’t see you for over 8 months and since Amber’s wedding I didn’t get to meet you, either! It’s just natural that I want to share my affection with you!“, she insisted and her fingers wandered down, clinking into his.

 

Next to the two of them, Krystal was looking disconcertingly at them just as Hyukjae and Amber who didn’t know how to interact with each other in front of all the other people. Lee Sooman and his potential business partners were already inspecting the court, Lee Sungmin and his wife also standing next to him. 

 

Kyuhyun still wasn’t around. Better for him, he would have gone insane seeing Sungmin and his wife together, the husband’s arm wrapped around his wife’s waist. The young woman’s belly was revealing that she was pregnant, probably in the 5th or 6th month. 

 

“Should we…?“, Hyukjae mumbled towards Amber, slightly nodding at how Sungmin and his wife were interacting with each other.

 

Amber looked over to them and gave her refusing answer. “…no!“

 

As if all of this wasn’t enough, the highlight was reached when a golf cart was loudly driving across the court and stopped in a dynamic braking in front of everyone. Kyuhyun was sitting in it, Siwon next to him. 

 

“Sorry, I’m late. We were busy.“, Kyuhyun apologized with the most ironic voice ever and got off the mini vehicle, Siwon following him. The middle child must have dressed his toy boy properly, in his new clothes no one would have even imagined that the guy Kyuhyun had arrived with actually was a stripper. Yet, Kyuhyun and Siwon had a rather special aura, a sense of secrecy in it which gave enough space to divine in which relationship both of them exactly were. Of course Kyuhyun’s behavior wasn’t helping, he just emphasized any thought regarding him as being gay.

 

His father didn’t seem to be amused at all. Lee Sooman tried his best to put the situation into the right perspective so nobody would mistake his son to be homoual but it wasn’t as easy as he might have hoped.

 

Kyuhyun grabbed Siwon’s arm like Jessica had taken possession of Donghae’s as soon as he faced Sungmin and his wife together.

 

“How nice to meet you again, Mr. Lee. I didn’t know you would be coming, too.“

 

The blatant lie was the epitome of irony, hitting Sungmin fiercely. Just by looking at his face the others coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter