Push and Pull

Meet the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole golf match was canceled after the incident with Jessica. Since Hyukjae and Donghae had taken too long because they had to walk, the others had headed back, Jessica already being under medical treatment.

 

Back at home, nobody dared to say a word until the doors were closed and Donghae and Amber were alone in their shared bedroom. 

 

"Why do you have to be like this to Jessica?", Amber asked him still a bit upset.

 

Donghae glanced at her in silence. He didn't want to answer the question, he knew it would end in an argument with his sister. No matter how much Donghae disliked Jessica and the idea to get married to her, Amber liked her a lot. She was her girlfriend's sister after all, it was just natural that they got along pretty well after Jessica even being the reason why Amber and Krystal got to know each other. Due to the engagement of the their siblings, Amber and Krystal got in touch and eventually became a couple. Amber would be thankful to Jessica for that until her life’s end. 

 

"Can't you try to be nice to her for just once? She really likes you…“, the female twin tried to appeal to Donghae’s conscience.

 

"She caused trouble to our brother, doesn't that interest you at all?", he asked her back a bit harsher than he had wanted to.

 

"Don't ask me about that... I know that what she did was wrong but you have to admit that it was also partly Kyuhyun’s own fault. He basically provoked this to happen.“

 

Amber’s words left Donghae speechless. He looked at his twin and slightly shook his head to symbolize that she shouldn’t go on with this, being warned that everything else would end in a fight. Her obvious sudden antipathy towards her younger brother was established by Kyuhyun rejecting to help her, she would have judged differently if the conversation at the coffee shop hadn’t taken place.

 

Yet, she didn’t know how lucky she was that Donghae had started a liking for her husband today, otherwise he would have refused to help her after she sided with Jessica instead of Kyuhyun. If there was one thing Donghae didn’t like it was stabbing the persons close to him in their back. And it didn’t matter if you belonged to them or not.

 

 

The rest of the afternoon Donghae decided to get to know Hyukjae a bit better. After getting interested in him,the male twin found it best to pass some time and avoid getting into another discussion with Amber about his fiancée. 

 

Hyukjae didn’t seem too happy about his sudden visitor when Donghae opened the door of the room and entered without being invited.

 

“What’s the matter?“, Hyukjae asked. His friendly tone was gone, he didn’t joke when he told Donghae he wouldn’t put any effort anymore into being nice to his brother-in-law.

 

“Just wondering what you're doing after the golf match is done earlier.“, Donghae answered and sat down on the bed. 

 

Hyukjae was sitting at the desk in the room, a bunch of work in front of him. So this was how he kept himself busy while Amber was trying to avoid him. He entertained himself by working even at home. 

 

“I have to work. I’m not that sad about the match ending early, I’m able to catch up work now…as long as I don’t get disturbed.“

 

The diligent husband was giving Donghae a polite hint to leave him alone but even though he got it right, he ignored Hyukjae’s hidden message. To be honest Hyukjae being hard-working made Donghae feeling a bit guilty. If it wasn’t for his lesbian sister’s sake he would have considered Hyukjae as a good husband. He was industrious, polite, attentive and gentle. If Henry was a girl, Donghae would have wished Hyukjae to marry him instead of Amber.

 

“Shouldn’t you enjoy life a bit more? Don’t you have any hobbies?“, he asked and just by how Hyukjae reacted, he knew that it was the wrong question to be asked. Hyukjae turned around to Donghae, giving him a sharp glance.

 

“I don’t really know why you want to befriend me all of a sudden… I’m not stupid I already figured what you and your siblings are up to, but could you leave me alone just for some time so I can do my work?“

 

For some reason it was amusing Donghae to see his sister’s husband going nuts over him.  He grinned devilish at him and crossed his legs, nestling on his bed.

 

“What if I say no?“

 

His provocation was going down well, causing the other male to get up and walk towards Donghae. Donghae expected Hyukjae to shout at him, grab him and throw him out of the room…

 

He really grabbed him. But not to throw him out.

 

Hyukjae’s hands were pressing Donghae down on the bed, fixating his shoulders at the mattress. The tall, slender guy had crawled upon the younger one, looking down on him with fierce eyes.

 

“You already revealed to me that you know about my little secret…until now I tried to be nice but as I told you… that’s over. Don’t anger me or I will make you regret it!“, he hissed towards Donghae.

 

It was the second time that there was physical contact between Donghae and Hyukjae, this once a lot more intense than the first time. Having Hyukjae basically sitting on top of him, his eyes starring at him with that wild spark in them, Donghae’s heart was suddenly hammering against his chest as if it was attempting to jump out of it. The husband was giving him the chills, nervousness paralyzing Donghae, he even forgot how to breathe. 

 

“You’re warned.“

 

Hyukjae got up again, returning to his desk and leaving Donghae behind with confusion and even a bit of disappointment. He wasn’t homoual but Hyukjae had him feeling a new type of affection Donghae had never experienced before. 

 

The male twin slowly got up from the bed, silently leaving the room, his thoughts still numbed by the electrifying sensation running through his body. 

 

Kyuhyun’s words were replaying in his head. The troublemaker had spoken them out as a kind of joke to tease Henry and Donghae but they were given a complete different meaning after Donghae had grown closer to Hyukjae.

 

Maybe you’ll also have your coming out soon. There’s even a scientific work existing explaining that uality is working through genes and that twins most likely share the same uality… means since Amber is homoual, you should be, too.

 

Was he right about it? Was Donghae possibly…gay?

 

 

When Donghae returned to his room, a guest was waiting for him. Kyuhyun was sitting on the bed, Donghae being involved into his siblings’ discussion as soon as he entered.

 

“Donghae! I need to stay with you guys!“

 

“Tell him we don’t have enough space in here! He wouldn’t believe me!“, Amber chimed in and approached Donghae to grab his arm and stress her demand. The two siblings were talking both at the same time, making it hard to follow.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter