Crazy In-Laws

Meet the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I told you I tried to stop her! But she jumped at me like a crazy hyena and even scratched my neck to catch the flower bouquet!“

 

Henry was sitting at the backseat, defending himself while Donghae was scolding him harshly for letting Jessica get the bride’s flowers and then follow him around with them, nagging that she wanted to get married soon, too.

 

“You should have shaken her off! Do you know how annoying it was to have her beside me the whole time, reminding me with every sentence that we’re engaged?! How can you be a student at Yonsei when you can’t even get rid of a girl, you imbecile?!“

 

The eldest of the Lee brothers was angrily turning the car, directing it towards the road that would lead the three guys to Amber’s new apartment. The bridal couple and the parents had disappeared during the party and Donghae was the first to get to know why. Amber had immediately texted him that their parents had bought a new home for the newlyweds and that they were heading towards it. She urgently needed her brother as emotional support, so the male twin got his two brothers and dragged them along.

 

“STOP FIGHTING! How can you fight while Donghae’s driving! We’ll end up in a car crash!“, Kyuhyun cut in, raising his voice to shut both of his brothers up. “Geez…I don’t want to die in a rancid rental car…!“

 

“But Donghae is doing me wrong! Why can’t I defend myself then, it wasn’t my fault that his crazy fiancée attacked everyone to get the stupid bouquet!“, Henry fussed and kicked against Donghae’s seat.

 

“Shut up, Henry! I don’t care if you’re wronged or not! Donghae’s driving! The one who’s driving is the one who’s right! Savvy?!“

 

Kyuhyun’s words silenced the maknae for the time being, glaring at Donghae through the rearview mirror.

 

“Why did I even agree to come with you…“, the brother on the passenger seat complained about his own decision to follow Donghae.

 

“Because Amber is our sister and she needs help!“, Donghae answered even though Kyuhyun didn’t expect any response.

 

“I needed help back then, too, and nobody helped me!“, Kyuhyun couldn’t resist commenting.

 

“This is different, Amber is a girl.“ The eldest’s attempts to explain it diplomatically were torn apart by the middle child who simply didn’t want to give it a shot to understand Donghae’s determination.

 

“Yeah, but I’m homoual!“, he huffed.

 

“Amber is, too!“

 

“But she’s lesbian!“

 

“So that’s where you draw the line?!“, Donghae snapped and the other male only glared at his brother, hissing something nobody was able to understand. Kyuhyun furiously crossed his arms, pressed his back into the seat and looked out of the window.

 

“You can fight but I have to be quiet on the back seat?!…you two !“, Henry was mumbling angrily in the background, going on kicking against the driver’s seat like some spoiled child.

 

 

Amber was entering the new apartment, following Hyukjae but leaving enough distance between each other so she wouldn’t accidentally touch the stranger man she would call her husband from now on.

 

“We hope you two will like this apartment. We’re very sorry that you can’t go on a nice honeymoon because our Hyukjae is urgently needed at the company.“, Hyukjae’s father apologized and handed his son the keycard to their new home. “Hopefully you will give us some beautiful grandchildren soon.“

 

Hyukjae and Amber both reacted on the announcement that their parents were awaiting children from them in the near future. While Hyukjae just slightly dropped his jar and rounded his eyes, Amber was making a face as if she had bitten into a lemon.

 

“Grandchildren?“, Hyukjae asked, his voice as calm as always. Luckily he was the one speaking, Amber would have sounded a lot different. More shocked. More skeptical. More of anything else.

 

“Sure, we didn’t set you two up for no reason. We’re all expecting a grandchild until next year.“

 

They must have been kidding. The short haired girl imitated the face of an angry llama, her mother looking at her with a scandalized expression on her face.

 

“Hey! Don’t do that! How can a young bride make a face like this?“, she silently hissed at her daughter. 

 

No, even if she could have stopped her facial muscles to distort, Amber would have made the same face. Jesus Christ, where was Donghae?! She needed him right now! Donghae would have said something about this!

 

After another ten minutes Hyukjae and Amber were finally alone in their new home. Not that Amber was looking forward to spend time with Hyukjae, she just didn’t want to be around her parents or in-laws for any longer, telling them that they wanted grandchildren.

 

“Sorry.“ 

 

A single word slipped over the husband’s lips. The tall guy was looking at Amber with sad eyes, looking pitiful enough to make her want to hug him and tell him that everything would be alright. Damn! She was the one suffering, not him! Why did he make her feel like this?!

 

“For what?“, Amber asked unfriendly, protecting herself by building up a cold wall of aversion between herself and her husband.

 

Hyukjae didn’t seem as if her rejection was working, he still tried to melt the ice Amber was constantly rebuilding.

 

“For everything.“, he answered. “I can understand that you’re shocked and unwilling to follow our parents’ desires. I don’t like it that much, too. But whenever you’re ready, let’s go the way together. Even if they want us to have children soon.“

 

Go the way together? Did he know how tacky he was sounding?

 

Amber’s upper lip’s corner was leaping up while the eyebrow of the opposite side was raised. She didn’t want to give an answer to this weird statement of his and was more than happy when the door bell rang and she could welcome her brothers.

 

“Wooooooow! I think I should have married, too! Getting a home as a present like this is fancy!“, Kyuhyun was praising the apartment and passed Amber by without waiting her to even greet him. 

 

Henry bowed in front of his sister, giving her an apologetic glance for his brother’s impolite behavior. 

 

“Where have you been?!“, Amber hissed at her twin, when Donghae entered last.

 

“There was a lot of traffic.“, he explained. Plus, having the two cranks of brothers with him wasn’t that easy, either.

 

“They want me to have children with that guy! Help me!“, the girl immediately went like a bull at a gate.

 

While she was explaining to Donghae what the parents had decided, Kyuhyun and Henry were keeping Hyukjae busy, pushing him around and letting him show them the apartment.

 

“He said he would even do that children thing… how can I live with a man like this?! There’s not even a guest room in this apartment…I don’t want to share a bed with him!“, Amber whined.

 

Donghae looked at his sister, feeling all the more sorry hearing what their parents were burden his sibling with.

 

“Don’t worry, I will help you.“, he promised and gave her an encouraging smile. 

 

“What is this housewarming party supposed to be when there’s no booze?“, Kyuhyun nagged and joined the twins at the entrance. “Amber, don’t you have anything to drink at this place? Common, be a good host!“

 

“Hey…what do you mean ‘be a good host’? I just recently moved in myself, how would I know? Go and buy your own stuff!“, she retorted and pinched into one of his chubby cheeks. “I’m not your mother, I’m your sister!“

 

While the siblings were discussing about correct hospitality, Hyukjae was watching them, feeling left out as they were an established team in which there was no space for an intruder like him.

 

 

In the late evening and after Kyuhyun had bought a bunch of beer in the convenience store nearby, it was time for the guys to take their leave. The two younger brothers were ready to go, being a bit drunk by now and waiting for the elder one to join them. 

 

“Let’s go it’s already late.“, Kyuhyun told him and grabbed his coat.

 

Amber’s eyes widened when she noticed Donghae hesitatingly grabbing the car keys and getting up from the brand new sofa.

 

“Donghae isn’t leaving!“, she chimed in. “He’ll stay here until he returns to the US!“

 

Everyone, especially Donghae and Hyukjae, were looking at the girl, scrutinizing if they heard right.

 

“Uhm…“, Donghae tried to find the right words. “Yeeees…I’ll stay here.“, he agreed and threw an irritated frown at his twin sister before he directed his words at his brothers. “You two, you rather take a cab. I drank too much today anyway, Kyuhyun might be scared if I attempt to drive back home!“

 

“But we don’t have another bed…“, Hyukjae alluded, immediately gaining an angered view of his wife.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter