Family Bonds

Meet the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The siblings and the eldest’s husband were sitting in the living room of the Lee mansion, Lee Sooman conducting important calls to settle things with the insurance. 

 

One hour ago the fire brigade had tried to stop the fire at the apartment, the rest of the building complex was spared but Hyukjae’s and Amber’s newly acquired residence wasn’t inhabitable anymore. 

 

Amber had sent Krystal home after things were settled on-site before she headed back to her parents’ home, awaiting some big scolding for acting irresponsible enough to burn down her own kitchen.

 

To the opposite of the sofa the twins and Hyukjae were sitting on, each of them holding a cup of tea in their hands mother Lee had brought, Henry was sitting on an armchair, constantly shaking his head. He couldn’t believe how the twins had managed to get into this kind of chaos. They were the eldest of all the siblings but they acted the most immature.

 

“You guys are crazy.“, he commented and let out a sigh, seeing how Amber was grinning into her cup of tea. “Do you think this is funny?“

 

The girl shrugged. “It is… at least a bit, you have to admit.“

 

“Main things are settled now. You can’t go back to the apartment as long as it’s not renovated… until then you can stay at our house. Amber take your husband with you. You can stay in your room. Donghae, you’ll stay here, I need to talk to you.“ Lee Sooman had finished the phone call and joined the children at the coffee table. 

 

Amber looked a bit unwilling when she got up and directed Hyukjae to follow her. Henry was leaving without another word but threw a curious glance at his brother and father.

 

“Why do you need to talk to me?“, Donghae wondered and placed his mug at the table. 

 

“I heard you moved into your sister’s house for the time being. Why didn’t you come here or went to your fiancée’s house? You know that we’re expecting you to marry soon, too.“

 

Why on earth did he need to mention Jessica again? As if he had an idea of this happening, Donghae leaned back at the sofa and crossed his legs.

 

“I won’t stay for too long, anyway. That’s why I found it rather unnecessary to stay at your or Jessica’s house. I didn’t want to disturb any of you.“

 

“The one you could disturb the most is your sister, Donghae. She’s a newlywed and she needs some time for herself and her husband.“, his father was instructing him harshly. 

 

Donghae could only laugh about it. His father knew nothing about what Amber was in need of or not. He was just caring for himself and no one else. None of his children was good enough for him to be considered as a human being, to be respected as an actual person and not as some object he could use for his own benefits. 

 

Immediately the male twin was reminded of why he had stayed abroad. Not only because of Jessica. Also, because he couldn’t stand his father at all. The man ruling the roost was a  domineering tyrant, infallible in his actions and in his own opinion perfect from head to toe. Whatever could hurt his excellent reputation was a blemish to be removed. Sometimes Donghae wished he could rub under his father’s nose that Kyuhyun and Amber were homoual, just to see his reaction.

 

“So, what are you trying to tell me?“, Donghae asked indignantly.

 

“Stay away from your sister and her husband. I’m doing my best to marry all of you off well… I can tell that you’re up to something and I won’t allow you to destroy the ties I made. You should rather care for your own relationship, Jessica is waiting for you to wed her and if you go on acting like a spoiled brat and avoid what your parents want you to do, I will make sure that you will crawl back to me after I destroyed every possibility for you to go on living your dissolute lifestyle!“

 

At least his father was considering his eldest son as some potential danger to his twin’s marriage. Good. He should be careful. Donghae wouldn’t stay still. Especially not after his father officially declaring him war.

 

 

“Get up!“

 

Amber was waking her brother up pretty ungently. She was lying next to him, having crawled into his sheets during the night because she couldn’t stand sleeping next to Hyukjae. 

 

“…leave me alone…“, Donghae rumbled, his face pressed into his pillow.

 

If he really believed he could ignore Amber that easily, he didn’t make his calculation with the prima donna of the Lee family, Kyuhyun. He was the one responsible for Amber being up early in the morning, having snuck into the room and shaken Amber until she wasn’t able to sleep anymore.

 

“Get up, slacker! Your brother is demanding your attention!“

 

Kyuhyun crawled up onto Donghae’s bed and squashed himself between the twins, back hugging his brother and rubbing his cheek on his back.

 

“Stop it, Kyuhyun… why are you up that early anyway…didn’t you disappear with that stripper friend of yours yesterday?“, Donghae mumbled and slightly turned around.

 

“I did. That’s why I smell like strong stripper perfume…I’ve got him stuck on my whole body, still.“, he answered with a provocative chuckle.

 

“WAAAAH!“

 

At the same time both of the twins jumped out of the bed, shaking in disgust. Donghae was even rubbing his arms and body as if he was trying to wipe possible remains of Siwon away which Kyuhyun might have pressed onto his brother’s skin.

 

“What the heck?! TAKE A SHOWER FIRST BEFORE YOU TOUCH OTHERS!“, he scolded the mid child angrily.

 

“Excuse youuuuu?! I came here immediately after mother called me over! She told me that you set Amber’s house on fire…that’s why I came here straight. It’s your fault after all!“ Kyuhyun snapped his finger, moving it quickly from left to right, his head moving parallel into the other direction. He was still comfortably lying in the bed, brushing his hand through his yet sweaty hair. “Explain yourself.“

 

“Mother called you? Why is she telling everyone?“, Donghae asked and blew some air towards his due to sleep tousled hair hanging down his forehead in annoyance.

 

“Because I’m not everyone, maybe?!“, Kyuhyun huffed, “And the newspapers are already reporting about the fire. Flaring off one of Seoul’s most expensive flats doesn’t meet with no response, my dear!“

 

“Okay, we’ll explain to you after breakfast and after…you washed off…all of…you know…“, Amber agreed, Kyuhyun smiling in satisfaction and finally getting off the bed, grabbing one of Donghae’s towels and heading towards one of the bathrooms.

 

 

Kyuhyun wasn’t the only one who wanted to know about what had happened. Before Henry headed to university, he was also joining the communal breakfast, listening to what the twins had to tell.

 

Luckily Hyukjae and their father were out for work, their mother being busy in the kitchen, already preparing lunch. She was cooking an unusual big amount of food, leaving the children in wonder about the masses of stew boiling on the stove.

 

“Your father will bring potential business partners with him today, make sure you’ll all be able to join our lunch! I expect everyone except you around, my diligent Henry. You have to study hard at university!“, mother Lee was demanding and pinched the youngest into his cheeks, Henry snorting indignantly about being treated like a little child.

 

“New business partners…I’m always wondering what a politician needs business partners for… South Korea is a spoiled place, even politics turn out to be a victim of corruption.“, Kyuhyun commented and laughed bitterly, not knowing who exactly his father’s newest soon-to-be partner would be…and it hit him like a volleyball str

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter