I now pronounce you husband and...

Meet the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day of the wedding had come and Henry was sitting nervously in Donghae’s dressing room. Donghae was all busy getting ready for the ceremony, the relatives roaming around him like a swarm of bees. The circus around this wedding was ridiculous and the youngest was waiting for the plot twist in this story. Everything in this place was making Henry extremely tensed. How long would it take until he would be the one everyone was running around?

 

“Kyuhyun isn’t coming?“, one of their aunts was asking.

 

“He’s invited, he will come, I’m pretty sure of it!“, the boys’ mother assured her sister-in-law with a bright smile. She was still counting on her son, it made Henry feel a bit sad about his brother’s absence.

 

He got up from the chair he had been waiting on the whole time and left the room, closing the door behind him and grabbing his phone to call the missing brother.

 

“I’m on my way.“, Kyuhyun picked up the phone, not even waiting for Henry to say something. He hung up immediately and left Henry on the phone in irritation.

 

The weird phone call at least informed him about his brother attending the wedding, Henry even decided to wait in front of the wedding hall for him. He needed to talk to him anyway. Maybe Kyuhyun was the key person to change everything. 

 

Lee Sooman and Jessica’s father were standing at the entrance, welcoming each of the guests. Henry’s father quickly waved him over to make him talk to his future father-in-law.

 

“Oh Henry, you came to join us?“, Jessica’s father asked with a gentle smile. “I’m wondering when you will marry our beautiful Krystal. Your father seems to marry off all of his children one after another now. I’m wondering if Kyuhyun will be here, too! He should be the next to marry!“

 

Henry paused and, as if on cue, Kyuhyun was suddenly appearing, his dark brown coat waving around his slender legs because of his fast pace.

 

“Hello father.“, he greeted Lee Sooman with a snappy voice, completely ignoring the other two men around. “As I see you’re welcoming your guest for your eldest son’s burial.“

 

Kyuhyun was smiling spiteful enough to make Henry shiver. 

 

“W-What… how can you say that when the bride’s father is around? You will immediately apologize!“, Lee Sooman commanded harshly, his eyebrows furrowed in anger.

 

“I won’t.“, Kyuhyun barked back aggressively. “I have enough of your commands! Your conspiracies are making me sick and how you treated Sungmin is absolutely wrong! You messed with the wrong person, I’ll make sure everyone will know about us today! I won’t let this marriage happen!“

 

Their father didn’t seem to be amused at all. He was standing stiffly in front of his son, who was at least a whole head taller, looking down at him like an angry lion who was gritting his teeth, ready to roar and jump at his enemy. 

 

Henry was watching their battle of words in silence, just as Jessica’s father did. None of them knew how to handle the situation.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but your lack of respect towards elders, especially your own father, is outrageous!“, Lee Sooman said infuriated. 

 

Kyuhyun grinned, being just as upset as his father.

 

“No, you know what’s outrageous? That you couldn’t stand your son being homoual and use your connections and power to manipulate the person he loves! You arranged a marriage to him and blackmailed him! Just to separate us! And then you tried to set me up with Krystal?! Dear father, let me tell you that I’m not the only one who’s-!“

 

“SECURITY! THIS MAN DOES NOT BELONG TO THIS EVENT! I DEMAND YOU TO REMOVE HIM ON THE SPOT!“

 

The devious attack of his father overpowered Kyuhyun’s attempt to reveal everything in front of Mr Jung. The security guards immediately grabbed the mid child and dragged him away. Kyuhyun was trying to fight them, getting them off, but he failed.

 

“NO! I WILL REVEAL EVERYTHING! LET ME GO!“

 

Henry was shocked by how his father had treated his own son just to save himself and his plans. He couldn’t say anything, though. He was too appalled to react to anything at the moment.

 

“I’m very sorry for the inconvenience. Kyuhyun is the problem child in the family. I should have known that he would be up to cause trouble at an event like this. Luckily I have more decent sons like Donghae and Henry, so don’t worry. Your children are in good hands.“

 

Yeah…they were in good hands. But how about his own children?

 

 

“He didn’t come…“

 

It was shortly before the ceremony would start and Donghae was already standing in front of the altar, everyone positioned to start the actual wedding.

 

Hyukjae and Henry were standing next to him, the only one missing who should have been lined up next to them being Kyuhyun.

 

Henry gulped. He wished he could tell Donghae that Kyuhyun had been there to rescue him but their father had stopped him.

 

“…so he’s not even showing up to help me get through with this…“

 

Donghae’s disappointment was  enormous. He wasn’t able to keep his smile up and just glared at the doors Jessica would step out every moment.

 

Even though Henry had been there at Amber’s wedding to support her, he wasn’t able to do the same for his brother. It was impossible. Everything in his body was fighting against it and it didn’t help at all that the other male next to Henry also looked like he might tear up every moment, too.

 

Henry looked into the audience, finding not only relatives and friends of the family but also media people sitting in the rows. At a big event like the wedding of the son of a famous Korean politician and the daughter of a mighty CEO, media couldn’t be missing. Cameras were set anywhere to the point that Henry didn’t know into which she should look or not. 

 

The gates finally opened and Jessica was walking down the aisle, her giant, white dress taking all the space of the path between the rows.

 

It should have been Donghae to panic but in the end it was Henry who freaked out, seeing himself standing where his brother was standing right now and Krystal walking down the aisle.

 

Cold sweat ran down his back, his throat completely dried out, every gulp tasted sandy. 

 

How was Donghae able to stand in front of everyone, marrying a woman he didn’t love while the man who he really wanted to be with was standing right next to him?

 

As soon as Jessica reached Donghae the ceremony started.

 

Henry’s brain was working on high speed, the whole procedure almost getting by in a blur of muffled voices and distorted pictures.

 

What should he do? Would one of the others do something?

 

No one was moving even an inch.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter