Going Downhill

Meet the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’M PREGNANT!“

 

Amber’s shout was silencing everyone sitting at the table and causing them to look at her with dropped open mouths. Nobody dared to say a thing as the news hit everyone unexpected like a typhoon. 

 

Donghae blinked at his sister, speechlessly as everyone else. But his expression was nothing compared to Hyukjae’s.

 

“Well…that really is surprising news…!“, the siblings’ mother was first to speak. “Congratulations, my dear!“

 

Next to Amber Krystal was knotting uncomfortably. She was gulping exerted, avoiding to face Amber who only looked at her twin with an intense glance.

 

Lee Sooman, still taken aback, needed to rearrange all of his words, his daughter’s sudden outcry completely putting him off his stride.

 

“What I wanted to announce…“, he moved on, “…was the wedding date of my first son, Donghae, and his beautiful fiancée, Jessica. But the good news are coming all together, it seems. My eldest child is awaiting her first offspring. Congratulations to all of you.“ Lee Sooman raised his glass to toast with everyone.

 

“Let’s all wish my children good luck with their marriages and pregnancies!“

 

The guests were toasting with him and after that, the high spirit from before returned.

 

“…you’re pregnant?!“, Krystal hissed at Amber in hostility, her hands forming fists.

 

Amber wanted to answer and assure her that she had claimed to be pregnant for the sake of their relationship but Jessica’s and Donghae’s following word exchange was distracting her from her girlfriend too much.

 

“Didn’t you want to tell them to postpone the marriage? I thought you wanted to marry the day we met first?“, Jessica asked him in disappointment. She had been more than happy about his sudden mood change and suggesting such a romantic thing.

 

“Forget about it…“, Donghae told her in resignation, “Let’s just marry when they tell us to.“

 

While he was saying that he looked at his twin sister, slightly shaking his head. He was judging her. He was judging her the worst.

 

 

“Can you explain to me why you did that?!“

 

Donghae was taking his sister to task as soon as they got back home again. Amber was looking up at her brother with mixed feelings, being pressed against the wall by the way taller guy.

 

“I had my reasons…“, she answered, feeling extremely stupid. The fear that Donghae would bomb the engagement had been so big, it caused her to act without thinking twice. Now everyone was believing that she and Hyukjae were expecting a child.

 

“Explain yourself.“ The angered brother didn’t even think of letting his sister get away with this too easily. Her infamous assertion had caused not only her but also Donghae and Hyukjae damage.

 

After talking to Jessica Donghae had managed to convince her of another exertion but thanks to Amber every attempt and idea of him was made pearls thrown before swine. The marriage was set now and the Jung and Lee families would proceed with the wedding preparations the very next day. There was no way back anymore…!

 

“I was scared…“, Amber told him and sighed. She knew that she had acted extremely stupid and her actions were having their backlash on her right now. Everyone was angry at her for lying. Especially Krystal who still wasn’t aware of the fact that it was an actual lie. “I thought you would break up with Jessica … and if you did that, Kyuhyun would have fought back at father immediately. Krystal would have been engaged to someone else. I like Kyuhyun better as her husband than anyone else…“

 

Donghae couldn’t believe his sister acting egoistical enough to push everyone into their doom to save herself. He tried to understand her for just a bit but the anger was overwhelming him.

 

“Why would you… I was… do you know what you did?!“, the rage was busting out of him. “I can’t believe you’re acting so selfish! Don’t you know that you also hurt Krystal with that crazy baby bomb?! What’s wrong with you?!“

 

All he had left to say was said and the rest was up to Amber. Yet, he didn’t want to listen to any more of her, leaving immediately and disappearing into Hyukjae’s room.

 

Amber was left behind, her own stupidity annoying her to death. What the hell did she expect to happen?! What the hell was wrong with her?! This was so screwed up!!!

 

 

Kyuhyun had been upset enough about the whole evening to change his mind and return to his own apartment even though he knew that there was someone waiting for him.

 

As expected Siwon was getting out of the car and approaching Kyuhyun as soon as he had stepped in front of the front door.

 

“Kyuhyun!“

 

The talked to person turned around, his eyes forming small slots. He didn’t feel like talking to Siwon. He didn’t feel like talking to anyone. Even his family was pissing him off. He had 

pinned his hopes on his elder brother to fight together against the tyrant of a father but Amber had thwart his plan. Pregnant… the heck!

 

“Are you still stalking me? You know…the first three days it might look y but after a few weeks it’s just pitiful. And pitiful is not y at all!“, he informed the stripper of all the mistakes he was making right now.

 

“I don’t care if I look pitiful to you or not! Isn’t it worth listening to me after I’ve waited here for weeks? Even though you were cheating on me?“, Siwon asked him seriously. He tried to be diplomatic…jeez, he should have known Kyuhyun better.

 

“Hon, I didn’t cheat on you with Sungmin. I cheated on Sungmin with you.“, Kyuhyun corrected his accusation in a more than nonchalant manner.

 

His words left Siwon rather unimpressed. The tall man crossed his arms and sighed as if he was trying to educate a young, unmanageable child.

 

“I don’t care who you cheated on with who… but regarding the fact that you were two-timing and I’m still here because I want to make up … doesn’t that interest you at all?“

 

To be honest Siwon being sincere did affect Kyuhyun, he just couldn’t admit it. With gritted teeth he had to confess to himself that Siwon had a point and Donghae’s words were suddenly coming up in his mind again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter