Well, Isn't This Fun

Butterfly

Chapter 2

And a bad day it has been so far. He was late to orientation, he went to the wrong building for first period, barely escaped the 'freshman ritual', guys hitting in him and calling him cutie, and now he has detention for talking back to a teacher. Currently, he is sitting a table by himself waiting for the day to be over.

"What's a cutie like you sitting here pouting about?" Earn looked up to see the guy from earlier, the one who called him cutie.

"What the hell do you want? I don't even know you" he mumbled.

"No need to be rude. I just wanted to say hello...."

"As you can see I'm in a pissy mood, so I don't really want to talk" Earn said sourly.

"Well can I at least know your name?"

"Its Earn, you nosey prick"

"Well Earn, what's got your man bra in a knot?"

"Why do you care?" Earn asked.

"I don't, to be honest. But I just want to know. You know, me being a nosey prick and all."

"I'm just having a bad day...." Earn said sadly.

"Oh... Well the first day of High School isn't always that fun"

"Yeah....."

"Well I gotta go. I'm Phun by the way"

"See ya later...." Earn watched Phun walk away and put his arm around some guy, probably one of his friends. The bell rang, and Earn gathered his things so he could go home. Walking outside after being shoved and pulled in suffocating hallways felt like a breath of fresh air.

"Honey! Mom came to get you! Look! Look I'm over here!" he turned his head to the direction to the noise. It was his mother, holding a big sign with his name on it like he was coming from abroad. He quickly ran over to her,waving like a mad man telling her to put the sign down and be quiet.

"Ma! Your embarrassing me!" He said through gritted teeth, leading her back to the car.

"Can't I come get my son from his first day of school? I was just trying to be a good mom since I know I'm not around much...." Earn felt bad now. His mother wasn't around all the time because of bisness trips, and his dad left when he was two. That's just the way it's been.

"Ma it's not that, its just I didnt have a good day...."

"Hm? How come?" she asked concerned.

"I'll tell you in the car" they got in the car, and Earn started his rant.

Earn always felt like his mom was his best friend. He could tell her anything and everything. In elementary and junior high, he didn't have many fire 's for some reason. He wasn't weird or shy or socialy akward, so it always befalled him how little friends he had but it didn't bother him. He was just someone who isn't intentionally left out, it just happened.

"So when do you have dettention?" His mother asked.

"For the next two days......" He sighed.

"Well I have to go to Chang Mai next week so you better behave!" Earn always found it funny how fast his mother's mood switched.

"Yeah yeah I will.....

"'"'"'"''""'"

6:30 am.

"Oh my life. Just it right in the " a tired Earn says as he turns his alarm off. Even after three months he still couldn't get used to waking up at the crack of dawn.

"That's kinda disturbing" a voice said in the dark. Sitting up and rubbing his eyes, he switched his lamp in and nearly fell out of his bed.

"Holy Pete! You can't just sneak in my house whenever you feel like it!" Earn exclaimed.

"Well don't leave your window open, stupid"

Pete was Earn's neighbor, who always seemed to find himself in Earn's room through his window. At first, Earn felt like he was a peeping Tom and almost got restraining order agaimst him but eventually with a few creepy, unexpected visits, he gave up. They were somewhat friends, but Earn tried to avoid him at any cost.

"Just because it's open doesn't mean you can just come in! Do I just come in through your window?!"

"Shh. You might wake up your mom"

"Move out of the damn way you creepy !" Earn whispered/ Shouted as he stood up and stretched his way to the bathroom.

"Damn, so rude....." Pete said shaking his head.

Earn was brushing his teeth and fixing his uniform when he heared a beeds-hitting-the-floor sound and someone say 'damnit'.He ran into his room to find a guilty looking Pete trying to hide something under his leg.

"Why the hell are you still here? And what did you break?" Earn asked. "Huh? B-b-break something? Why would I do something like that?" Pete said nervously. "Well look at the time! Gotta go k bye!" and in a blink of an eye he was gone. "What the hell was that about? Whatevs" he looked down at his phone and it was 8:10. "! I'm late!" he exclaimed. Tucking his shirt into his shorts he runs downstairs, greets his mom, and is out the door. When he was outside, he heard a familiar voice. "Hey! God damn it Earn! Slow down will ya!" choosing to ignore Pete, he runs. Far away from that soothing but annoying voice. __________________________________ A/N: So here is chap 2. It took a little longer since I wanted to make it longer. Hope you enjoy!