Friday Pt.1

Butterfly

Chapter 7

"Pete? Pete! Wake up damnit!" Pete heard a voice yell from through the fog that was his mind.

He opened his burning eyes and stared at the figure. He smiled, and tried to speak but his throat was as dry as the Sahara desert. Earn seemed to read his mind, and went to get a cup of water. They were in the nurse's office, but the nurse had left so it was only them. Pete gratefully took the cup of water, feeling the cool liquid going down his throat. Earn watched him, relief flowing through him. This was the third time Pete had passed out in the last week, and Earn wanted to know why.

'I'm fine' Pete would say, dismissing the subject. He became more clingier to Earn after that day he got pulled out of class.

"Pete, what's going on?" Earn asked and Pete put his cup down slowly.

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"I mean why have you been passing out lately. Are you not getting enough sleep?"

"I've told you, I'm fine!"

"We're going to the doctor."

"What? Why? I'm fine, that really isn't neccesary!"

"I don't care how much you resist, you're going. I'll meet you on the roof tonight." This was a shock to Pete. One, because his bestfriend might find out one of his many secrest, and two, he didn't think Earn would come back out there due to the height.

"What? Think I don't see you out there?" Pete lightly punched Earn's arm, and they laughed.

"So.....today is Friday. Got any plans for tonight?" Pete asked, raising the cup to hide his blush.

"Um, not really. Why?"

"Then you should come with me." Pete said in almost a whisper.

"Sure." Pete's eyes widened. He didn't expect Earn agree.

"Really?"

"Why not? But as long as we don't go to the zoo."

"What's wrong with the zoo?"

"Lets just say those animal cages are dark and scary places." Earn said with a shiver

"You went into one didn't you?" Earn nodded his head.

"I became one with the lions."

"Woah! Did you try to have with a lion?!"

"No you dip! I meant they nearly ripped me apart!"

"Was the panda afraid of some little cats?!" Pete said as he laughed.

"It was so scary! Don't you care about my feelings?!" Earn said as he began to fake cry.

"Oh Earn, of course I don't! But were their teeth shiny as they came near you?!" Pete couldn't breath, going into hysterics.

Earn frowned and folded his arms pouting.

"Oh come on Earn! I was joking! Was it really scary?" Pete said scooting closer to Earn.

Earn faced Pete and there faces were mere centimeters apart. Earn's heart pounded in his chest in anticipation. He could feel Pete's breath on his lips, the warm air made by their breaths in the short distance. His mind went blank. And he knew one thing, he wanted to close that distance. He closed his eyes and leaned in a little, and Pete did the same. Lips about to touch, Pete smiled and but Earn's head playfully. Earn opened his eyes and immediately blushed.

"So tonight we're a go?" Pete said after a minute or two of silence.

"It's a date." Earn quickly put his hand over his mouth, regretting those words. "No I didnt-"

"A date it is!" Pete said getting up from the bed he walked to door and walked away from the nurse's office.He smiled, feeling almost giddy.

Finally, something in his miserable life had gone right. _____________________________________ A/N: I know many of you hate me for last chapter so I give you this as a sorry! I know it's short but I don't want anyone leaving thinking the rest of the story is gonna be depressing. :(