Encounters

Butterfly

Chapter 5

And indeed Pete was serious. Now walking around Siam Square with Pete and a ton of shopping bags, Earn had put a permanent scowl on his face.

"Come on Earn! Lighten up a bit!" Pete exclaimed, putting his arm around Earn's shoulder. Earn shrugged him off and proceeded to pout.

"You may not need the classes, but I do! This is all your fault! I have a quiz in 2nd period that's worth half my grade and I'm gonna fail because of you!"

"Calm down. I have that class with you, remember? I told the teacher you had a doctor's appointment and I was taking you." Pete said stopping at a park bench. Earn thought about that, and it seemed to be a pretty good excuse.

Wait one minute.

"You planned this you bastard?!" Earn yelled, pushing Pete to the ground for the second time that day.

"Well not entirely!" Pete yells throwing his hands up in defense.

"While you were in the bathroom I called the school to tell them!" "Yeah sure." Earn sighed as he sat on the bench, staring at Pete doubtfuly.

Getting off the ground, Pete stood up and sat next to Earn and looked up at the sky. While doing so, he sneakily wrapped his arm over Earn's shoulder. That only made Earn frown more.

"Hey Earn!" Pete looked down at the person who dared to desturb their moment, only to find the music club president tugging a tired looking Phun alongside him. Earn also turned to look and his mood immediately lifted, a smile from ear to ear spread across his face as he stood to meet the pair.

"Hey Noh! And Phun...." Earn gave a sour nod towards Phun's direction and returned his focus to Noh.

Pete, however, did not stand to meet them, did not even want to aknowledge their presence and turned his uplifted grin to a scowl.

"Earn, who's that guy over there?" Phun asked pointing to Pete.

"Hm? Oh, that's Pete, no one important." Earn said as Pete stared at him, all types of emotions dancing through him. Anger, humiliation, but most importantly jealousy.

"Hey, you ok?" Phun asked, walking away from the conversation Earn and Noh were having, and sat next to Pete and gently touched his shoulder. Pete shook him off and stood in a rush, causing him to wobble a bit.

"Hey, take it easy kid." Phun said placing his hand at the small of Pete's back.

Kid? Who was Phun to call Pete a kid?!

"I'm fine!" Pete hissed through gritted teeth, shaking Phun off once more and storming off.

'....no one important...'

Pete saw his vision blurring and his cheeks turned red with anger. Hot tears prickled at his eyes threatening to spill. Pete didn't even know why He was feeling like this. He was only three stores away from the park when he heard a voice that stopped him immediately.

"Um, sir, you dropped something." He spun around to find a girl with light brown hair and a convent uniform pointing to the ground. He looked down to see his bracelet had fallen off and went to pick when he noticed that the girls skirt was a bit too short when he looked up. He scooped the bracelet up and stood to thank her.

"Thanks. I'm Pete by the way." he said awkwardly

"I'm Tam, and your welcome." They kind of stood there in silence until Pete's stomach growled. Tam laughed and all his anger seemed to go away and he joined her.

"There's a cafe around here, if you'd like I'll show you." Tam said tucking a peice of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, I am kind of hungry." Pete said as he followed the girl.

"Alright, see you guys at school!" Earn beamed as he turned to go sit by Pete but stopped short when he realised he wasn't there.

"Where did he go?" Earn asked himself as he looked around, but didn't see him. Earn's stomach dropped and sweat grew on his forehead. He pulled his phone out to call Pete and he heard a ringing in his own pocket. He had forgot Pete asked him to hold his phone. He ended the call and sat on the bench, deciding to wait. While doing so his thoughts drew towards Noh and their earlier conversation. His smile grew back and he almost laughed, forgeting that Pete had gone missing. He didn't know how long he stayed like that, smiling like an idiot but a tap on his shoulder and his smile immediately went away and turned to a angry frown. 

"Pete! Where the hell did you go?" Earn asked, folding his arms.

"I went to get something to eat, but of course you didn't even notice my stomach rumbling!"

"Well you didn't have to just leave me! And I thought you hated going around Siam Square alone?"

"I didn't go by myself, Tam took me to a near cafe." For some reason that pulled something in Earn but he ignored it.

"Who is Tam?"

"Just someone I met."

"Oh."

They decided that they would go home, it was getting late anyways. Riding in the cab in silence, the two just stared out the window, not wanting to talk to one another.

°°°

Earn woke up the next day one minute before his alarm went off and he wanted to cry. He felt so drained from yesterday that all he wanted to do was stay in his bed. He switched on the light to find his room empty for a change and frowned. He was so used to seeing Pete sitting by his legs in the dark.

"Bastard, are you hiding?" Earn got out of bed and looked everywhere but no Pete. He didn't even lock his window lastnight. Earn shrugged and walked towards the bathroom to do his morning rituals. Walking out of the bathroom an hour later his heart nearly stopped as he screamed.

"Be quiet or you'll wake your parents!" Pete said through his laughter.

"How did you? But I thought...." Earn said puzzled. Pete must have been hiding.

"Sorry I was late, you must have been disappointed when you woke up and I wasn't there."

"Ha! Don't flatter yourself!"

"Oh....." Pete mumbled as he stared at Earn's bare chest, than his eyes going farther down, slowly following his happy trail. The prize he was looking for was so rudely blocked by a towel.

"See something you like?" Earn asked, his smirk ever so present.

"Not really." Pete said blankly.

"Well don't be so enthusiastic! Now if you don't mind, I have to change."

"I don't mind." Pete said.

"Pete, that meant get the hell out!"

"Fine! No need to be rude about it!" Pete exit the room but stood by the door, peeping through the key hole. He watched as Earn took off his towel slowly, his eyes growing wide. When the towel was finally removed, Pete audibly groaned.

Earn was already wearing boxers.

"Pete? Why are you there?" Came a voice from behind him and he jumped back, hitting the door making it open.

"Mom! I'm-" Earn yelled as he tried to cover up but his mom put her hand up.

"You have nothing I have never seen, I gave birth to you remember?" Earn grummbled and slipped his shirt, pushing past his mother and the fallen Pete. He slipped on his shoes by the door and grabbed his bag, and called back to Pete.

"Pete! Any day now!" He yelled but got no response. He shrugged and closed the door, only to be scared out of his mind from a grinning Pete.

"Bastard how the hell did you get here before me?!" Earn asked, following Pete down the road.

"I'm faster than you! Now hurry up or we'll be late!"

"Oh shut up!" Earn said back, kicking Pete in his rear, chuckling.

He sighed, this was going to be a long day.