Friday Pt.2

Butterfly

Chapter 8

 Pete checked his watch as he sat on the roof between their ajoined houses. Earn said he would meet him here by eight but it was already half past nine.

"Did he stand me up?"

"Did who stand you up?" Pete almost fell off the edge of the roof and he gripped his chest.

"No one stupid, now where are you taking me?"

"Me? Who was the one who offered to take me out?"

"Alright, that's fair."

Pete stood up and in one swift motion jumped from the roof.

"Pete!" Earn shrieked as he looked over the roof's edge to see a smiling Pete, safely on his own two feet.

"C'mon! Don't be scared!"

"Wait, you want me to jump?!" Earn couldn't believe it, his heart was racing just looking down at the distance, he could die right there.

"I'll catch you!"

"Do you swear to Buddha that you will?"

"I swear on my own life that I will catch you!"

"You better! Or I won't ever talk to you in the after life!"

Earn closed his eyes and jumped, shrieking and screaming the entire way. He landed on Pete making them both fall. He peeked an eye open and was met with Pete's, their noses touching, hearts racing. Earn hastily got off of Pete and stretched his hand out. Pete took it and straightened, smiling.

"You should have seen your face! You were all, 'ahhh!' and 'mom!'" Pete continued to poke fun at Earn until they got to their destination.

"Where are we?"

"Drive through movie." Pete said simply.

Walking through the picnic area, Pete found a spot and pulled Earn to sit with him. Earn looked around and as he noticed all the couples on the grass, he scooted a fraction of a centimeter away from Pete.

"Remeber, this isn't a date!"

"It is to me." Pete mumbled and Earn pretended to not hear it.

"What movie are we watching?" Earn asked, getting comfortable on the grass.

"Titanic"

"Seriously? I'm gonna fall asleep for sure! And dont cry this time!" They've watched Titanic a few times and Pete cried everytime.

"I bet I can keep it together longer than you can!" 

"Sure!"

The huge screen started and the battle of the tears began. About halfway Earn and Pete were crying waterfalls.

"Ha! You.... Lost...." Earn said in between sobs.

"No....your tears....were first!"

Another thirty minutes later Pete was the first one to fall asleep this time, leaning on Earn's shoulder. He tried pushing him away, but his head always came back as heavy as a brick house. When the movie was over, Earn lightly shook Pete so he could wake up.

"Uh, 5 more minutes...." Pete snuggled into Earn like a pillow

"If you wake up I'll take you to your favorite bar." Pete was up in an instant.

"Alright! I'm up let's go!"

When they arrived at the bar, they didn't have to show ID since Pete's father was friendly with the owner. They both took a stool and waited for the bartender to turn around.

"Earn! Pete! What would you like? I can get you anything but nothing too strong!"

"Thanks Jenny, but I'll just take the usaul." Pete didn't drink so he just ordered for Earn.

"One beer coming up!"

One beer turned into six and Earn was completely wasted. Pete watched as Earn attempted to dance to the song, laughing.

"C'mon Pete~ Dance!" Earn froze as he heard the beginning of a song beat, and Pete jumped from his seat.

"Fergalicious definition make them boys go loco!" They both sang, as they moved to the beat.

This has been their song since first grade. The end of the song and they fell on the floor laughing. The bar was empty and they were the only ones. Earn rolled over to Pete and rest his head on Pete's chest.

"Your heartbeat is fast! It's like doomdoomdoom!" Earn said as he immatated Pete's heartbeat.

"Really?"

"Is it because I'm laying on you? Am I heavy? I'll get off!" Earn lifted his head only to put it back down. "My head...."

"You can lay on me. I'm just nervous."

"Nervous? Why? Is it because I'm so handsome?"

"Well, it's because I think I might do something I'll regret later."

"Like what?" Earn asked now looking at Pete.

Earn was so close pete could feel his breath on his lips. "Like this?" Earn leaned in, lips almost but not touching, He closed his eyes. Pete did the same but then a thought crossed his sober mind. Pete pushed Earn a bit and sighed.

"As much as I want to kiss you, I can't. You're drunk and I'm not going to take advantage of you."

"Aw~ Who said I was drunk? I am very sober! See?" Earn tried to stand up and walked but just fell back down.

"C'mon, I'll take you home." Pete sqauted and Earn got on his back. They exited the bar and walked into the night.

"Hey Earn?"

"Hm?"

"Don't go to sleep yet okay?"

"I won't."

In the next five seconds there was snoring coming from Earn, and Pete laughed softly. Pete went into a nearby convience store and bought some water. He gave Earn a shake and gave him the water.

"Drink this." Earn chugged the entire thing without a pause. "Are you sober now?"

"I'm sober by just looking at your ugly face."

"That's not what you said when you tried to kiss me!"

"Kiss? No way!"

"Yes way!"

"Explain! Explain right now!"

"Aren't you the one who should be explaining?"

"Ah you bastard!" The two boys chased each other into the night, Earn yelling insults and Pete laughing.

Life is like a crowd, sometimes you don't know where it will take you so you just go with the flow. ____________________________________ A/N: I want to start by thanking all my fabulous readers! 1.5k views! Thank you to everyone who reads my stories and many more! I'm sorry for the inactivity. Oh and also, this time I'm warning you! In a few chapters there will the biggest plot twist of this story! But I promise, it is not a sad one so you can keep your hearts!