A Day Off

Butterfly

Chapter 4

Next day......

Earn woke up and lets just say he wasn't in the best mood. It didn't help that a certain person was staring at him in the dark like the creep he is.

"Pete, I'm in no mood to deal with you right now, so get out." Earn said wiping the crust from his eyes.

"Well what's got you in such a bad mood today?" Pete asked flicking on the light.

The reason for Earn's mood might have been from yesterday's events.

Yesterday......

"So are you looking to try out?" the president of the music club asked.

"Well, about that..." Earn said nervously scratching his neck.

"Noh! What are you doing?" the vice president asked.

"Ohm, relax. I'm just recruiting new members for the club"

"New members? Noh, we have two rooms full of obnoxious boys trying out." he turned to Earn "Sorry kid, we don't have anymore room for ya." Ohm said.

"Aren't all club auditions open?" Earn asked.

"They are, until the president and the vice closes them, which we have done for our club"

"Buts it's only been a day! How can you just close them?"

"Our club is one of the most popular clubs. Open auditions for a few hours and BOOM! Half the school is in there! Its seriously crazy...." Noh said.

"Really? So I can't try out?" Earn felt like crying, even though it wasn't a big deal.

"That's the way it's looking.....sorry man." Noh smiled softly, and patted him in the back. "But look at the bright side! There are a lot more clubs that are just calling your name!"

But Noh was wrong. Every club He went to were either not accepting anymore members or he didint fit their "style"

LGBTQ

"I'm not gay but I strongly support gay marriage!" the president just shook his head and slammed the door, leaving Earn to take off all his rainbow gear.

Live and Learn club

"So...this is just a reading club?" Earn asked.

"Well, I guess you could say that. We go to new places by reading, journeys across deserts, adventures by the ocean, dan-"

"I get it"

"Did you want to join?"

"Well I don't think this club-"

*door closes*

".....is for me"

Algerbra Club

Earn was fairly good in math, so this should be a breaze. Coming out of the classroom twenty minutes later with a bloody nose and a band aid on his head. It wasn't because he got into a fight, it was just him constantly hitting his head on the desk. To get into the club, you had to solve a riddle.  

I turn polar bears white

And I will make you cry.

I make guys have to pee

And girls comb their hair.

I make celebrities look stupid

And normal people look like celebrities.

I turn pancakes brown

And make your champagne bubble.

If you squeeze me, I'll pop.

If you look at me, you'll pop.

"What the hell was that answer?!" Earn exclaimed.

"It's pressure.." a very familiar voice answered.

"What?" Earn ask as he turns around to look at Phun

"I didn't know at first, but when you said 'if you squeeze me I'll pop' I instantly got it. Its pretty simple, but of course an idiot like you wouldn't have got it." Phun stated.

"Idiot? IDIOT?! You think because you solved a riddle you're ing Einstien now you nosey prick? Well I'll have you know-"

"Why do you get so mad? I was just joking with ya...." Phun said shaking his head.

"Sure you were. I would love to stay and chit chat but I have clubs to try out for" Earn says.

"Club? I thought you were going to tryout for the music club?" "I was but they shut down the auditions so now I have to find another....." Earn says sadly.

Present

"Pete, it's 6:30 in the morning on a Wednesday, why are you at my house? Don't you have your own room?" Earn ask Pete while he brushes his teeth. Pete was sitting in the sink next to him.

"Well yeah, but honestly I don't even know how I end up here. It just sorta happens." Pete replies, twirling a peice of floss between his fingers.

"You know, one of these days you'll come through my window and I'll be ." Earn says as he spits out the mouthwash out.

"I live for that day." Pete mumbled.

"What?" Earn asks shutting off the water.

"I said we should be on our way! We're gonna be late!" Pete exclaimed, jumping off the edge of the sink. Earn looked down at his watch and it was only 6:44. School didn't start for another half hour.

"Don't you know what time school starts? We have time to kill." Earn reassures, styling his hair.

"What are we going to do until then?"

"There is no 'we'. I'm going to go back to sleep and you will wake me up 7:50." Earn says walking out of the bathroom, Pete following.

"Why can't I go back to sleep and you wake me up?" Pete asks flopping on the bed next to Earn.

"Because this is my house." Earn rolled over on his side and closed his eyes. He felt the lightwheight of a blanket being put on his body and also what seemed to be a feather light kiss on his temple, but that could have been his tired imagination.

 

Earn opened his eyes to blinding sunlight and to find someone or something heavy on him. He sat up a bit and looked down at his watch.

It was 11:21

"Godamn you Pete! We're late!" Earn exclaimed, throwing the sleeping object off of him. Pete hit the floor with a loud thud.

"Ow." Pete got off the floor rubbing his head. He turned towards the figure frantically running around the room. "How late are we?" he asks.

"Its almost 11:30! We're so dead!" Pete smiled at Earn, seeing him getting all worried about the time.

"We could just stay home." Pete suggested, causing Earn to turn towards him sharply and glare. Earn didn't understand how a smart guy like Pete could suggest some thing so stupid.

"Are you serious?" ____________________________________ A/N: Hello loves! I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever and a year. I honestly don't even have an excuse. I'm didn't think this story would get do many veiws!