Deja Vu

Butterfly

Chapter 10

This was impossible. How on Earth did this happen? Was Pete's bed some type of portal? With all these thoughts he realized another thing.

Pete didn't die yet.

"Mom, I'll be leaving!" He picked up his dishes and put them in the sink.

"I can drop you off!" She yelled after him.

He recalled the memories of his first day of highschool.

"Nah that's ok! I need excersise anyways!"

"Ok, but make sure to tell Pete I said hi!"

But he didn't hear because he was already out the door. Earn grinned as he ran outside, he would get to see Pete again.

"Hey Earn! Wait a minute!" He spun around because that voice was so familiar. When he saw his face he wanted to cry, never in a million years did he think he would see Pete again.

"Pete!" He ran to him and gave him a tight embrace. He felt Pete shift under him uncomfortably.

"Uh....your....can't breath....." Earn hurridly let go and grinned from ear to ear.

"Did you miss me that much? You just saw me yesterday."

"You have no idea." He wrapped his arms around Pete's shoulders and they were off to school.

Maybe time traveling wouldn't be so bad.

*

Earn and Pete sat at a lunch table surrounded by kids. Unfortunately, Phun was right next to him.

"Gross Phun, learn to eat with manners!" Earn said disgusted by the crumbs dangling from Phun's mouth.

"Excuse me? Do I know you?" Phun said turning to Earn.

"Ah, that's right, we haven't met yet......" In order to have met Phun, his mom would have dropped him off and he would have been at the front desk scared out of his mind.

"What do you mean we haven't met yet?"

"Oh, nothing."

"Hey Earn, can you let go of my hand for a second? I have to go to the bathroom." Earn hadn't realized he was still holding on to Pete and let go.

"Sorry...."

"You're acting weird today, are you ok?"

"What do you mean?" The smile on Earn's face didn't leave his face when he was with Pete.

"Nevermind." Pete walked out of the cafeteria.

Earn was so overjoyed of seeing his friend again he hadn't really left Pete's hip. He walked him to all his classes and even to the bathroom.

"Hey! You!" Earn turned around to a group of boys, or something of the sort.

"Hm?"

"What's your name?" one of the boys came to sit on his lap. They didn't know who he was, but he most definitely knew who they were.

"Aw, my name's Earn."

"Ooo Earn! Such a handsome name!" The lady boys said in awe. "We're the Angel gang! Aren't we cute?!" 

To be perfectly honest, Earn wanted to say they looked like a unicorn threw up on their face, but decided against it. They were actually pretty good people.

"Yes, all of you guys are! But I think the one in the back is the most prettiest." Earn decided he would cause a little trouble.

"Who? Me?" The one way in the back asked.

"I don't know, maybe." He got up and walked away, hearing them squealing behind him.

*

The school year passed in a blur. Every day, he would wait for Pete on the roof, enjoyed the unexpected visits to his room, and slowly but surely he was falling for him.

"Your cute when you smile" he had once said to Pete during a test.

"I really wasn't drunk when I tried to kiss you." he confessed a day after they went to Pete's favorite bar.

"I love you." He wrote on a sticky note and put it on Pete's desk, but threw away after seeing Pete.

This wasn't how it was supposed to be. Every single day felt like deja vu because he's already been through the moments. He knew exactly how the story was gonna end.

"So, what are you gonna do for summer vacation?" Pete asked as he walked beside Earn.

"I'm going to the states, and I know your going to Brazil."

"How did you know?" Earn panicked.

"A......lucky guess?"

"Wow, I wish I had guesses like that!" 

Earn rolled his eyes and put his arm around Pete. He didn't have much time because the summer months were already here, so he wasn't going to waste time. Even though he knew how the story ended, he didn't look foward to it.