28

Jasmine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo is sitting in his library when Jongin arrives and a maid is sent to take him to Jongin's room afterwards. He rushes to Jongin's bed and dismisses the others who are already in there.
He sits by Jongin's side and checks his heart rate and blood pressure. When he was sure that Jongin's not at risk he rests his back on the bed’s headboard, and watches Jongin's soft features, without thinking he bites his wrist to feed his blood to Jongin but decides against it when he remembers their last argument about it. And drops his hand to his lap while caressing Jongin's hairs with his other hand.
Kyungsoo closes his eyes and falls asleep next to his husband. After an hour he wakes up to the banging on the bedroom’s door.


“Master your father is here.”


“All right wait for a second please.”


Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin who was using his chest as a pillow, he carefully manoeuvred his body to get free from Jongin's hold and replaced his body with an actual pillow.
He shut the door slowly, careful to not make any unnecessary noises and followed the maid to his father's favourite wing of the mansion.


When he arrived the man was sitting on an armchair near the bookshelf with a  newspaper perched on his lap, and legs crossed.


“Welcome, dad.”


Kyungsoo greeted him with the most cheerful voice he could master without sounding too suspicious, in fact, he truly missed his father and was happy to have him at his home.


“Thanks, son.”


His father's face brightened when he saw him walking towards him and stood up immediately with open arms to hold his beloved son, an act which Kyungsoo happily returned. They broke the hug after a minute and sat down to accept the glasses of blood brought to them by a maid.


“Where is your mysterious husband?”

“He is not mysterious! He's resting now in his room… Taking a nap.”


“His room?”


“Yeah, is there anything wrong with that?!”


“You two stay in separate rooms?”


“Dad…”


“Why?”


“It's just complicated.”


“How so?”


“We weren't always close, at least not at the beginning.”


“So you're saying that you're good now?”


“I honestly don't know.”


Kyungsoo answers with a sigh and gulps down his drink. They fall into an uneasy silence for a short period of time which gets interrupted by a series of light tapping sounds on the wooden floor. They don't mind the intruder’s presence, although thinking that he's one of the numerous servants of the mansion who is doing his job.


Kyungsoo looks up at his father once again with eyes full of unsaid emotions, and sparkling wet with unshed tears. So the older vamp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter