07

Jasmine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Amber dining hall wasn't as glorious as Jongin assumed it would be. It was a semi-circular room with huge tall windows that allowed an almost panoramic view of the mountains and the beautiful gardens of Lona. But the most beautiful detail about the room was the birds that nested next to the windows. Jongin noted that there were food and water placed for the birds outside. 

 

By the time he tore his attention off from the birds, their breakfast was on the table, served in beautiful amber coloured crystal dishes. Although it was his first time eating in Lona, he could imagine himself living here away from the nerve-wracking traffic.

 

He sat next to his dad and began eating. There wasn't anything special about the French toasts or the bread or cookies or the tea, but somehow Luhan managed to make them taste so heavenly. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were definitely lucky to have this amazing chef by their side.

 

“Lucky Bastards” Jongin thought out loud.

 

“Did you say something?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Nothing”

 

“Let's get going, Jongin. You have a speech to give, remember?” Suho said while patting his son’s back.

 

“Alright, I've already finished my meal.”

 

“ When will you be done?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Maybe eight, I have a lot to take care of today. Dad, you should go first. I want to talk about something with Kyungsoo. I promise to be there on time.”

 

“Fine. Have a nice day everyone.” Suho said as he stood up from his seat to leave.

 

“Let's go to the garden and you can tell me what's going on in your mind.” Kyungsoo told Jongin with a small heart-shaped smile as Jongin followed him out.

 

>>>

 

They walked in silence for a while until Kyungsoo halted and turned to face Jongin.

 

“What is it that you want to talk about?”

 

“Nothing in particular."

 

“Oh, I see. So you wanted to drink my blood so you could leave." 

 

“Yeah. Since there's less than a week left to the wedding, I think I should bring my stuff here but I'm extremely busy with the work at the moment...”

 

“Is there any way I can help you with ?”

 

“Can you babysit my dog while I pack? I mean, you don't need to do anything. I'll drop her off here just to make sure that there'll be someone feeding her. That's all I need you to do.” Jongin pleaded, his eyes filled with worry and hope. All this just for a month old puppy! How can he become so cute in just mere seconds?!

 

“Don't worry about Cherry. I'll take care of her myself” Jongin was relieved to hear that.

 

“Thanks! Oh, by the way... I was wondering, how many colours do your eyes have?”

 

“What do you mean?"

 

“They were red last night in the bar. And I thought I was imagining things, but I'm pretty sure they were amber in the car”

 

“That's all then, you saw it all. I'm surprised that I even showed them to you. You weren't supposed to see them in their amber shade this quickly. Do you have any idea what it means?”

 

“I hope it means something special."

 

“It does... In fact, I think I might have fallen for you”

 

“Kyungsoo..."

 

“It's okay though. I think you're worth it.”

 

“Does it mean you loved my dad back when you guys were together?”

 

“I don’t think it was the case at that point. I think I was drawn to him because of you, it's funny cause he left me for your mother and I left this town... You see, things were not working for us the way I expected them to.”

 

“What if you and I are not meant to be? It seems like you were sure back then, just like now”

 

“You may not have the same feelings for me and I totally understand that. But like it or not, you're the only one for me and I don’t have a single doubt in that."

 

“But I can’t help my mind. I don’t want to fall in love with someone who is not min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter