26

Jasmine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo wakes up to the sound of his cellphone’s annoying ringtone. He rolls toward the nightstand placed at the opposite side of his bed from where he was sleeping soundly a minute ago. He extends his arm and searches the nightstand’s surface with careless, uncalculated motions without bothering to open his sleepy eyes.
When his fingers are finally in touch with his phone, he grabs it clumsily and swipes its screen in order to answer the incoming call. Then rolls on his back And brings a hand over his eyes to rub them and eventually shield them from the early morning's cruel sunrays.

“Hello?” He answered with a sleepy voice.


“Hi soo, did I woke you up?”


“Who is that?!” Kyungsoo asks the one who disturbed him, too much caught in his sleepiness to take a look at the screen and see the caller’s name himself.


“It's daddy… Now you don't recognize my voice?!”


Kyungsoo's heavy eyelids flutter open almost comically when he hears that, he immediately sits straight, and clears his throat.


“Sorry dad, I just woke up.” He says sheepishly and chuckles awkwardly.


“So…” his dad starts but Kyungsoo's too impatient to wait until he finishes the sentence.


“Why did you call? Is everything all right?”


“I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me.”


“I'm glad to hear that.”


“Kyungsoo?”


“Hmm?” He answers with a yawn. 


“Some birdy talked to me last night… it said that you married a smoking hot guy.”


“Are you talking about Jongin?”


“Yes? Well, if that's what his name is. And you forgot to invite me to your wedding.”


“…oh.” Kyungsoo gasps and his grip on the cell phone gets stronger.


“Oh? Is that all you have to say?”  


“Sorry, dad. I swear I didn't want to do anything behind your back.“


“You didn't even realize that I wasn't there, did you?”


Kyungsoo starts gnawing on his nails before stopping to reply to his father.


“It happened so fast that I had no time to plan anything… Besides, Baekhyun is the one who sent those invitations ... I'm going to kill him now.”

 

“Well, the same bird told me that you're going to be a father of twins.”


“Who is this traitor that knows about  my whole life?!”


“You don't need to know. I'm coming over to get to know your husband, you guys better be in great terms with each other, or I'll take away your most favourite toy.”


“What toy dad? You make it sound like I'm a kid.” Kyungsoo scof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter