09

Jasmine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin woke up early the next morning, something that he did not expect at all. To his surprise, he was not sore either. He thought that he would not be able to move without having to experience a torturous pain every time. Kyungsoo’s blood surely did wonders to his body.

 

He got up from the bed and found his clothes neatly folded and placed on top of the bed's foot chest. By the time he finished putting his clothes on, Kyungsoo walked out of his walk-in closest in his formal attire while trying to fix his tie around his neck.

 

“Good morning Jongin," Kyungsoo greeted him mindlessly.

 

“Morning to you too. Are you planning to go out somewhere?”

 

“Yeah, well I need to go to work, don't you?”

 

“Uhm… Yeah, but don't you work from home?” He lied. He had actually cleared his schedule for the day so he did not need to go to work, he thought maybe they could spend some bonding time together and get to know each other but apparently, Kyungsoo had different plans.

 

“No, I don't. Besides, I have a really important matter in my hand right now. And it should never be delayed.”

 

“I see, what do you do as a job by the way?”

 

“I'm a thorax surgeon but I mostly do a lot of researches and I also teach residents along with all the boring stuff."

 

“Doesn't the blood Affect you? I mean, isn't it hard for you to keep your instincts under control while having a beating heart in front of you the whole time?”

 

“I drink enough blood to suppress that and I rarely do surgeries, only the harder ones that others can't handle.”

 

“That's really cool man!”

 

“I won't be seeing you soon, you should probably eat your dinner without me. So why don't you drink your blood share of the day now?” Kyungsoo answered, completely ignoring Jongin's attempt at making a conversation with him.

 

With that, he bit his wrist as usual and once Jongin was done, he left the room, without even bothering to say goodbye. 

 

>>>

 

Sehun was really surprised to see Jongin at work that day.

 

“Didn't you take the day off? You should be fast asleep in your bed right now!”

 

“Well, since I didn't have anything to do, I decided to come to work.”

 

“Won't your husband be mad at you? You're such a workaholic!” 

 

Jongin sighed, “He won't. Did you forget that I only married him because of our current project?"

 

“But still-“ Jongin was fast to cut him off in the middle of the sentence.

 

“Bring me the blueprints, will you?”

 

“Sure, if that's what you want.”

 

>>>

 

When Jongin got home Kyungsoo was nowhere to be seen and it was not like he was desperate to see him. Hence, he tried to wash off all of his anxieties and went to sleep.

 

The next few days were pretty much the same.  The only difference was that they did not even meet for Jongin to have his daily dose of blood. Kyungsoo had taken the habit of sending a glass of blood to Jongin during different meals every day. They never ate a meal together either, they were never at home and when they were at home he never saw the vampire eat anything, Jongin assumed that he ate his meals alone where Jongin did not know about. This had worried him a lot thus he asked Baekhyun whether he eats anything at work.

 

“Does he eat anything at all?”

 

“We don't need to eat a lot especially when we have our mates around, I personally prefer Chanyeol’s blood over almost everything. I hope he goes easy on you.”

 

“Oh, so he drinks blood on a regular basis?”

 

“Yeah, he's a traditional one, you would have lost your mind if you knew the amount of it.”

 

“Does he drink that much?”

 

“Yeah, because he's so used to being in charge, and considering his rank as a pureblood, it's only natural of him but he still drinks much more than what's normal for a vampire.”

 

“But he never drinks mine…”

 

“He must have his reasons for this.”

 

Jongin was really annoyed the first time he received

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter