Chapter 3

My Everything

It's been a week since the incident but both of them only have a little conversation and been acting awkwardly towards each other. Jieun will always try to avoid Seungri with busying herself meeting her old friends, or helping Daesung at the coffee shop. She usually goes out early in the morning and only come back late in the night after the family already went to sleep.

But what she didn't know that Seungri is always waiting for her and sometimes she waited till Jieun fell asleep just to watch her peaceful sleeping face with a guilty heart and kissed her forehead because she knows Jieun won't let her to do that if she's not asleep.

Lucky for both of them, their parent seems like didn't notice the cold war between the two sisters since Mr Lee is busy with the company's new project and had to fly back and forth to Japan while Mrs Lee is also busy with her boutique since Christmas is approaching soon.

The silent treatment from Jieun is seriously torturing her. She even messed up with her work and getting scolded from Daesung because she kept making the same mistake for their financial report. 

And because of that, she had to work harder or else she has to celebrate her Christmas with her job.

''Alright Lee Seungri let's do this! Let's finish all this and off for Christmas holiday! Yahhhh!'' she mentally cheered herself before started to drowned with tons of documents and files.

Jieun is currently cleaning off her room. She's going back to New York soon after her Christmas break is over.

She didn’t want to leave her room in a mess so she decided to do some cleaning and throwing away unwanted things.

A medium sized box suddenly fell off from the shelf when she's trying to put her magazines back on its place.

She carefully studied the box before she decided to open it. It was her treasure box. She kept every important photos and letters in it. Jieun found herself smiling alone when she looked at the old photos.

A photo of her broken doll and Seungri's  favorite doll that became her doll after she begged her for the doll.

A photo of her first day of preschool and she didn't want to let go Seungri's skirt.

A photo of her proud smile when she won her first medal for the singing competition during her junior year in high school with Seungri backhugging her.

A photo of both of the sister enjoying their first night in New York, when Jieun was accepted to the famous music school there.

A sudden realization hit her, Seungri is always there for every of her ''first'' thing in her life. She is always there. And she will always be there.

But the next photo makes her tears flow like a river when she looked at it.

The most memorable photo.  A photo of three of them. Jieun, Seungri and Seunghyun.

With a tiny handwritten note at the back of the photo;

 ‘’Life is all memory. Let’s us cherish the happy moment while we can!

 Your beautiful sister, Seungri’’

They were smiling brightly in this photo.

It was taken when they had to stay warded for like almost 2 weeks after the surgery. The day, when Seungri saved her.

Flashback;

''Family of Lee Jieun?'' a tired voice of the doctor after performing a 3 hours’ surgery bring both of them back to reality after waiting for a long time.

''Yes, we're her family! I am her sister! How's my sister doctor? Is she alright? May I meet her now?'' Seungri impatiently bombarded the young doctor with questions and without even waiting for the doctor to answer her, she mindlessly tried to enter the emergency room.

 If Daesung wasn't fast enough to stop her and told her to wait for the doctor to speak she might have been in there and causing unnecessary commotion.

''Miss, I'm sorry but you can't meet her now. We have to put her under intensive care unit since she's just went under a surgery and her condition isn't that stable for visitors. The surgery went well, but..i'm afraid her injury might leave some flaw towards her''

Seungri stopped struggling in Daesung's hold and softly look up to the doctor before she fell on the floor after listening to the medical explanation from the doctor which she can barely understand with her limited energy left.

Oh God, and now she felt sick with herself. How could she treat her sister like this when she gave Jieun her everything.

She wanted to run to her sister now, telling her how guilty she is to her for acting like a jerk and treating her like a stranger these few days.

Jieun hastily swept her tears and kept all the photos back in the box when she heard a knock on her door.

‘'Honey? I’ve been calling you for a moment. What are you doing in there? Are you okay?’’ it was their mother.

‘’Yeah mom, I’m okay. Just cleaning off my room. You can come in’’ she said while putting the box back on the original place.

Mrs Lee opened the door and gave Jieun her most beautiful smile before she asked Jieun to join her for a baking session.

Mr Lee had just finish his discussion session with their most important client from Japan. He has been a loyal right man for the president of Kwon. Co since the first day he set his foot in the company. In fact, the president himself is his best friend since his university day.

And right now they’re having a dinner together, talking and laughing casually. No more business and corporate talk. But they’re more into family and life talk.

‘’I am so worry about my son. He’s always good at hiding his emotion behind his cold façade. Ah you know him Jinki-ah, he was a cheerful and bubbly person before the accident. I just miss my only son my friend. I felt so lonely even though I have money and all. But deep inside I am just a lonely old man. I envy you my friend, for having a beautiful family like that. Has always been my dream’’ Kwon Dongwook said softly while looking away from his best friend.

For the workers, shareholders and their partners, he may look as a cold man and a strict boss but deep inside no knows the real personality of the almighty Kwon Dongwook.

He only shows his true colors when he’s with Lee Jinki. His best friend, his brother.

‘’Aish, you always thinking negatively about your son. I believe he is still the old him. But you know, it’s not that easy for moving on from someone that we really love Dongwook-ah. Remember how you act when Yeri left you after she gave birth to Jiyong and Taeyeon? To be honest, he reminds me of myself after Seungyeon’s death. I felt so lost even though I let myself drowned with my works. But luckily she left Seungri for me, as a motivation for me to move on and keep my head up till I meet with Jisoo. Jiyong just need time to find that someone to help him move on Dongwook. Don’t push him too hard, beside the accident happened 3 years ago right? I bet it’s still fresh in his mind. Aha, why don’t you try to find him a date? Well maybe that may help him?’’ Jinki finally finished his comfort words and gently patting Dongwook’s shoulder.

He nodded, agreeing with his best friend’s wise words. And not long after that he let out a small smile on his lips.

‘’Jinki-ah!’’ he suddenly leaned closer towards Jinki.

‘’Ehhhh? What? Don’t look at me like that close! You’re scaring me!’’ Lee Jinki swatted the other man’s head away from his face only to receive a small glare when Dongwook suddenly become a serious man.

‘’Yah! Look I am trying to be serious now!’’

‘’Okay, okay. What?’’

‘’Why don’t we set up a marriage for our kids? I mean your daughter and Jiyong. Well since your daughter obviously can’t be pair with my Taeyeon.’’ Dongwook said while sipping his wine.

‘’Hahahahahaha! Yah! Dongwook ah you’re obviously drunk. Stop playing around’’ Jinki replied and shoving a bit steak into his mouth.

‘’What? Am looking like I’m in a mood of joking around? I am serious Jinki and I’ve been thinking about this since a long time. But I don’t know how to say it to you. I just.. I just want the best for Jiyong you know. He’s the only son I have. I.. I don’t want him to live like this, until when he wants to mourn and acting like a mad man? I also want to watch him to have his own family, I don’t want him to end up like me……… a pathetic lonely old man’’

Jinki immediately stop shoving the steak and started to look at his best friend. He could see the obvious tears ready to fall anytime from the sad eyes.

He didn’t want to force his daughters onto this marriage.

But when thinking back of all the kidness acts of Dongwook and his family had done to him, he gave a simple reply to his friend which finally bring out a glimpse of happiness in the teary eyes.

‘’I will think about it. But don’t get your hope high.’’

It’s Christmas today! Jieun woke up way earlier from everyone since she’s preparing something special for her lovely sister today.

She wasn’t able to apologize yesterday, she fell asleep while waiting for Seungri to come back from work. So this morning, she determines to continue her plan started with attacking her sister on bed and cuddling with her!

Jieun slowly tip-toeing in her sister’s room. Knowing how sleepyhead her sister is, she slowly turns on the small lamp on the night stand giving a little light allowing her to watch her sister’s sleeping face.

Her eye bags are getting darker than usual. She must’ve work so hard these days. Daesung oppa told that he always caught unnie spacing off and kept on making mistakes on the report. Ah maybe that’s why she always came home late. Jieun felt  so guilty, she knew she’s one of the reason why Seungri kept on spacing off. 

Letting out a long sigh, she looked at the watch on the table, 5:30 am. Hm still early. So she decided to settled herself down beside her sister and hugging her tightly before she’s dozing off to her dreamland.

‘’Ugh why is it so hot..’’ she struggled to open her eyes only to have Jieun’s face close to hers. She smiled, before she slowly swept her hair on the forehead and gave her a little kiss ‘’this brat, stop making your sister worry can you?’’ she snuggled more onto her sister and drifted back to her sleep.

‘’Unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie! Wake up! It’s Christmas today!!!!!’’ Seungri felt annoyed with the noise and more annoyed when Jieun bouncing up and down on her bed.

She silently protests her with throwing a mickey mouse right on her little sister’s head.

‘’Yaaaah Lee Seungri you better wake up now! Or I will tickle you till you can’t breathe anymore!’’ Aha still don’t want to wake up? Let’s see unnie. One two attack!!!!

But before Jieun be able to attack on her sister, Seungri already woke up and hug her.

‘’ I miss you. And I’m sorry! I love you! Please don’t do this to me anymore’’ she signed and cried a bit.

‘’Unnieee… it is not even your fault. Why are you like this? Stop being so kind unnie, I am the one who’s supposed to apologize. I’ve been acting like a spoiled brat ain’t I unnie? I miss you toooooo! And I love you more more more’’ Jieun tighten her hug on her sister waist.

‘’Noooo, we’re both wrong! Let’s just end this stupid cold war Jieun-ah. And yeah, I am glad that you realize you’ve been acting like a spoiled brat’’ Seungri signed as she releases herself from Jieun’s hug.

‘’YAHHHHH UNNIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!’’ and before she’s attacking the elder one, once again Mrs Lee walk in with her hand on her hips along with their father.

‘’Rise and shine kids!!! Merry Christmas! Let’s open up our present!!!!’’

They finally settled down in the hall room on their pajamas opening the presents together. A loud shout can be heard as their father ‘’accidentally’’ put a frog in one of the fake ‘’gift’’ and Jieun is the unfortunate one to open it. And their morning started with Jieun running after Mr Lee all over their hall room with Mrs Lee and Seungri as the spectators.

Later in the evening, they’re getting ready to receive their special guest with lots of special food and cookies. It’s kinda refreshing since this is their first time celebrating Christmas in Korea. Usually they will fly to Japan and celebrate it with Daesung’s family but this year due to tight schedules they only celebrated here.  That is why they’re a bit excited for welcoming the guest.

 TING TONG

‘’Ah Jieun-ah can you please open the door?’’

‘’Alright mom!’’

 

A second later,

 

‘’ARGHHHHH YOU! THE RUDE COFFEE GUY!’’

 

‘’EYYYYYY? MISS FLARING DRAGON?’’

Mr Lee hurriedly came into scene before it’s getting worst. ‘’Jieun, please be polite with our guest!’’

‘’But he..’’ ‘’I said say sorry to our guest.’’ ‘’Fine, I’m sorry! Please come in!’’

The dinner went smoothly, and Mr Lee can see how Jiyong steal a glance towards his youngest princess. He only let out a small chuckle and decided to let this young man to steal a bit more.

But little did he know, Kwon Jiyong’s eyes is already glued to his eldest princess and not the younger one.

The whole table was laughing like a maniac when Jieun told them how they met Jiyong and of course these two won’t let this thing slipped off just like that without arguing who is right and who is wrong.

‘’Nooo you’re the one who walk without using your eyes! Unnie even burnt her skin you know! It’s already leave an ugly scar on it!’’

‘’What? Didn’t I give you my contact number if anything happens? Why you didn’t tell me anything? Is it that bad?’’ Jiyong asking worriedly towards Seungri.

‘’Ayeee oppa already that care? Anyway oppa when is the wedding? I approved this! Right appa? Aunty? Uncle? You guys are in with me right?’’ Taeyeon playfully said before she earned a powerful pinch from Jiyong.

And the elders only chuckled while jokingly approving with Taeyeon’s words.

‘’No it wasn’t that bad. It’s okay Jiyong-sshi, aigo uri Jieun always exaggerating things’’ Jieun stopped in the middle of translating for Jiyong and sneered ‘’Yah unnie I wasn’t exaggerating I am defending you!’’

The Kwons trio were obviously amused while watching them, Lee sisters.

One is a calm one and another one is a loud one.  And the calm one already caught the young Kwon attention.

Nobody could have his attention till now, no one but only his late fiancée. Yet this calm girl, surely there’s something special about her.

His thought was cut off when his twin sister pouted and whined ‘’Why don’t I have a sister instead of a brother. Ah I am so jealous of you two!’’

‘’Yah Kwon Taeyeon you little, do you want to die?! I already pampered you with everything. What else do you want?’’Jiyong said and sending a death glare to her.

‘’I want a sister!’’ she sticking her tongue out playfully.

Dongwook just smile looking at their sibling’s quarrel. It feels so good to look at them acting bubbly and happily just like the old days.

The Kwons bid goodbyes and giving their gratitude to the Lee’s for their invitation. Jiyong was obviously getting overly red when he complimented the food and Mrs Lee said it was Seungri’s. His father and litle devil twin didn’t help when they to marry her so that he could eat her food every day. Seungri just gave them her little smile while Jieun scoffed towards Jiyong’s behaviour. Duh, he’s clearly flirting with her sister.

Their teased only stop when the driver finally arrived.

Before he entered the car, Dongwook whispered towards his friend ‘’Jinki ah thank you for the invitation. I never felt so happy like today. I hope you will consider about my little request’’