Chapter 10

My Everything

Jieun woken up in a white room. She saw her own figure with her face buried in between her knees, crying helplessly for her own life. She walked further and further towards the figure till she saw Seungri’s figure came in and immediately hugged her. She holding onto her fragile body as if she depended her whole life on her.

Her sister slender fingers shakily combed her dishevelled brunette locks, and kept on whispering over her left ear ‘’Jieun ah, i'll give you my vocal cords if you promise me that you'll smile again and stop crying. Promise me you'll keep on pursuing you dream to be a great singer! And i want you to dedicate a song for me okay, your number one fan!" she was sobbing uncontrollably while embracing Jieun tightly on her chest.

Jieun immediately woken up from her evening nap and panted. She had been having the same dream since a week ago. She kept on having dreams about her sister and woke up with a heavy feelings lingered on her mind. She quickly went up from her bed she heard her phone had been ringing non- stop as if the caller really desperate to reach her. It was Daesung! of course she memorised Daesung number, the would always on called before back when Jieun still using a public phone as her main source to contact with him. But – how on earth he even got her new number?

 She don’t know what had possessed her and made her accepting the call for the first time after almost 7 months leaving her family without any news. It felt like something bad happened to her family members. She took a deep breathe before slowly pushing the green button of her smartphone..

‘’He…llo?’’

‘’Hello? Oh my God, thank God you finally picking up my call Jieun ah! You –‘’

And she let out a loud gasped, almost dropped her phone and finally got to hold onto the nearest wall when she heard her brother in law tired voice pleading her to come back home after he snatched the phone from Daesung.

‘’Jieun! This is Jiyong! Please come back Jieun, we really need you – no mom and dad really need you right now, they were involved in an accident. I plead Jieun please. Dad was in emergency room right now and the doctor asked us to be ready as if anything might happen.. please…’’

‘’Dad, mom –‘’ she choked on her own sobs, tears flowing uncontrollably from her pale face ‘’I’m coming back now’’ she hung up her phone, ran upstairs, took her important documents and packed some clothes ignoring those weird stares and questions from her housemates.

Jieun almost didn’t realize Seunghyun stood in front of the door when she hit him and both of the were on the floor. ‘’Jieun! You already knew about your parents?’’

She vigorously nodded her head and burst into another cries when she found herself in his arms. ‘’Shh they’ll be okay. Come on, I’m coming back with you too. Have you got your ticket already?’’ he asked.

‘’Not yet, I – I don’t know Seunghyun! I’m in mess right now. Help me –‘’ she grabbed a fist of his white shirt ‘’help me, bring me back home Seunghyun!’’

‘’Of course I will. Come on, let’s go back together Jieun’’

He helped her got up and carefully led her to the taxi before he asked the driver to speed to the airport as fast as he can.


Daesung has been pacing back and forth ever since he got into the hospital 5 hours ago. He was still couldn’t believe aunt and uncles still fighting for their life in the emergency room.

He looked at both Seungri and Jiyong. Their energy already drained from the waiting and crying. His new fiancée, Taeyeon also in the same state. They were grieving over the news ever since the set their foot in front of the emergency room. And Daesung had to maintain himself in sane state to be strong for them.

Jiyong held his wife closely to him. She had been crying ever since they got the news and he was worried about her condition right now. He silently prayed that both of his in laws and his father will be okay and survived. He couldn’t lose his sanity right now, he had both his sister and wife, who need him at the moment. He had to be strong for his family.

‘’It was my mistake! If only I didn’t ask they to come for that stupid lunch, they won’t be in there. It was all my fault. My fault, my fault –‘’ Seungri kept on signing the same thing since the past hour and it took Jiyong a long time to calm his wife from hurting herself over and over. Taeyeon couldn’t help but she only able to watch her sister in law from her seat and mumbled something to her fiancé, before she fainted on Daesung’s lap.

‘’Taeyeon!’’ he held her limp body and slowly scooped her into a bridal style before he ran to the nurses and asked for some help.

Jiyong too – was about to help Daesung but looking at his wife mental state right now he got to believe in his future brother in law and kept on waiting at the emergency area.

He could heard footsteps coming through the area, but he was too tired to even care about his surrounding right now. He was in a complete mess with his inner self. Assumed it was Daesung he just closed his overly tired eyes and tried to get some peace but got interrupted with someone ran over Seungri’s fragile body automatically turning on his protective side mode.

‘’Unnie!!!’’

The couple eyes widened at Jieun and Seunghyun before Seungri collapsed in Jiyong’s arms.

Seungri was back in the days where they were still young teenagers before the accident that changed their whole life happened.

They were so happy. Holding hands, eating colourful cookies and occasionally teasing each other. And then their parents sent them to their school, kissed their cheeks and forehead before heading to their respective offices.

She then saw, two figures; herself and Jieun walked hand in hand and parted away in the middle of the hallway and promised to meet each other to share their lunch box during recess at their favorite place.

And suddenly she was brought back to the place where they got into the terrible accident. She was just got her first driving license and excited to fetch Jieun from her school. ‘’Be careful dear! Mom is sorry, I had an appointment with one of my client. Maybe you could ask your oppa to accompany you?’’

‘’It’s okay mom, I bet Dae oppa is also busy with his newly open cafe. Just trust your beautiful daughter okay?’’ she grinned and hugged Mrs Lee before she skipped happily to her brand new car.

And everything was fast forwarded to Jieun pleading her to let she try to drive. ‘’Nope Jieun, you still don’t have official driving license yet. So nope’’

‘’Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, dad already taught me a bit and let me drive his car when we were in Busan before! You’re so meanie unnie, don’t you love me?’’ she pouted and crossed her hands looking over the window.

‘’Fine fine, you brat. But wait till the road after this junction. Then I’ll let you drive. Now wait here, I need to buy something for mom’’ Seungri parked his car and entered the bakery to buy her mom’s favorite croissants.

Jieun was too impatient to contain her excitement so she decided to try and made a u – turn before her sister came back, looking at the crowded people in the bakery, she might took a long time.

And Seungri only saw Jiyong having someone in his arms with blood all over his shirt before she heard someone called for her..

‘’Seungri…’’

 

 

‘’May I know who is the husband of Seungri-sshi?’’

‘’Yes doctor, I am his husband. What’s wrong with my wife?’’ Jiyong instantly jerked up from the bench.

‘’Her blood pressure wasn’t in a good –‘’

‘’What do you mean? She is okay right doctor?’’ he attacked the doctor again before he even bombarded the doctor with other questions, Seunghyun stopped him and helped him to cool himself down.

‘’Yes, it’s just that she is 8 week pregnant and by looking at her condition right now, she is very weak and need to be warded for several days. It seems like she is under a great pressure right now. I hope you’ll take a good care of her. Thank you’’

Jiyong sliding down the wall and let out a relief breathe. His parents in law and dad already off from the emergency room and already placed in a normal ward as they didn’t experienced any serious internal injuries. He was so glad that all of them survived the surgery and the doctor assured they’ll be wake up in another 24 hours. And he was more than glad when he heard another great news which he’ll be a dad in another 7 month.

‘’Thank Lord for granting my prayers. I really love my family and I couldn’t bear losing any of them. Please protect them from any danger’’ he prayed for the nth time.  

He loyally sat beside his wife bed and caressed her pale cheek, softly trying to call her name, and finally smiled when she opened her beautiful eyes and looked at him ‘’Jiyong…’’

But his happiness won’t last for a long time.. because the game was just began.

 

 

 

 

AN: EEEEEEEEHHHH WHAT WAS JUST I WRITE JUST NOW. SORRY IT CAME OUT FROM MY HEAD LIKE THIS :(