The day before the arrival

They are back again

I didn’t like to wake up when the dorm was silent, it made me feel lonely. That’s why that morning I woke up unhappy: the other guys either went out or had schedules.

I got up and went to the kitchen to eat something. While I was opening the fridge, I found a note attached to the door.

“The manager came and wanted to speak to you. He said to call him. Good morning!

From: Baozi.”

I sighed, took an apple and, taken out the cellphone from my pocket, I dialed our manager’s number.

-Hello?- asked the man on the phone.

-Minseok told me that you were looking for me.- I said while biting the fruit.

-Yes, sure. Uhm, how should I say this…- started the manager.

-Just be quick and simple for my brain to follow you.- I retorted calmly, waiting for the call to be over and go to shower.

-Alright.- he retorted snorting. He began to speak after taking a breath. - Tomorrow, Kris, Luhan and Tao are coming back to the dorm.-

I choked with the apple and started coughing, trying to catch breath. It wasn’t possible that those words were said. Not now that we were re-starting to live as if nothing had happened.

-What?- I shouted on the phone.

-The lawyers of the boys and the one from our company had found an agreement and a contract that could be liked by both the boys and the company. Kris, knowing that he could return with a new contract, took an interest and asked to his lawyer to get some information.- answered the man. - Highlight the fact that none of them was obliged to sign. Tell it to the other guys when you see each other, okay? Bye!- and with these last words the conversation finished.

I wasn’t capable of rational thought. The only thing that I managed to do was to send a message in the group chat: “Meeting. Now!”. I sat in the couch, still shaken by the phone call, and I began to think about the speech to do to the guys. But what words would ever appeased their hearts after hearing the news? I was sure that they would all be reticent and that nobody would react completely positively. In short, the former members had gone away, leaving us to follow their careers; how could we forget that attitude? Especially Kris! He was the only one that had gone away without first warning, WARNING ME, and he had broken my heart.

I massaged my temples and then I startled when I noticed that the boys were gathered around me; I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t heard the front door opening.

-Joonie, something is wrong?- Lay asked, cautiously approaching the couch where I was sitting and kneeling in front of me. What lovely members I had. They were always thinking about the others.

-No.. I mean, yes.. In short..- I didn’t know how to say it, how to make it less painful. So I decided to be as direct as possible. - Tomorrow, Kris, Luhan and Tao are coming back.-

All the boys widened their eyes.  Sehun, which was the closest to the corridor of the room, ran to his room and slammed the door, without asking anything. Xiumin, which was usually the more subdued, rose from the couch and walked out of the dorm. The others stayed there, shocked from the news. The first to speak was Lay, who in that moment wasn’t expressing anything neither with his glance nor with his face.

-Why? Who has decided it? Who has told you?- he asked while standing up and walking away from me, as if I had made that decision.

-We’ll ask that tomorrow. Now I.. I have to..- I couldn’t finish the speech as I run away to my room, where welcomed me, opposite from where I was standing, the bed that Kris used when he was still an EXO member.

I had always considered me one of the most "rational" in the group but see the bed of Kris after learning the news, and after I had to communicate it to the others, infuriated me.

I picked up his mattress and threw it down the wooden structure, I went to the closet and threw it to the ground all the clothes that Kris had left behind, after that I searched for Eurung-ee, the animal doll that Kris bought while filming “EXO Showtime” and I throw it into our, MY room.