Date

Lost Identity

The hot water poured out the shower head down on my body. Pete wanted me to shower with hot water to see if I can feel the high temperature but nothing’s happening inside me. My body temperature didn’t raise at all. However it doesn’t matter as long as I can feel Pete’s touch, that’s the most important thing for me. Apropos his Touch… Our kisses and the little we practized a few days ago replayed in my head, I recalled about his soft body, smooth lips, especially his seductive m.o.a.n.s. My body felt hot by that memories. A little smile appeared on my face, I happily raked my fingers through my hairs.

I turned off the water faucet then walked to the mirror to see my reflection while dying my hairs with a towel.

The door suddenly get open, „Earn, did you…“, Pete came in the bathroom but froze on the spot when he saw me .

  „What?“

His wide eyes were fixed on my nacked chest, wandered down to my six pack then focused on my e that revealed himself to him. My little Earn down there seemed to caught all of his attention, it clouded his mind. I observed him without him even knowing it. He blushed, gulped heavily. His cute response to my body brought a little smile on my lips. I continued to dye my hairs.

  „Yeah?“, my question brought his focuse back to my face.

He finally moved by blinking many times, his Adam’s apple moved down and up. „Oh, Oh“, he abruptly turned his back on me, „Yeah… Yeah, here are your cloths“, he stuttered.

  „My cloths?“

  „After you died I didn’t have the heart to give your things away so I kept everything with me.“

He quickly laid the cloths on the sink without letting his gaze fall on me. As he wanted to rush out the bathroom, I laid my arm around his chest then pulled him over to me. His back gently hitted against my chest, he tembled from surprise. I kissed him on the cheek while sliding the fingers of my other hand down and up his neck. Again chill ran down his spine, I could feel how the hairs on his neck raised from goosebumps.  

  „Why do you act shy?“, I leaned my chin on his shoulder, „As if you’re seing me for the first time“, I continued the sentence.

His hand slowly crawled up to my head, he s.t.r.o.k.e.d on my hairs then suddenly yanked on my hairs. He turned back to me without letting go of me.

A smirk formed on his lips, „Who said I was acting shy?“, He stole a brief kiss from my lips, „I’m not so innocent like you think“, he winked with one eye then tapped on my chest. He left the room.

Who said you’re innocent? Your love for me is pure but you aren’t naive at all. When I saw you humiliate Tong Chanthara at that time, I knew from then on that you can be mischievous if you want to.

I chuckled by myself. What was that just now? Did I just express my happiness by laughing? It was the first time I laughed in those five months, what actually surprised me.

The water dried from my body, I wore the dark Jeans and the red Shirt Pete gave me and rolled up the sleeves to my elbows. I left the bathroom then went downstairs where Pete await me. I came closer to him, he however couldn’t suppress the big grin on his face.

  „We should take a selfie before starting off“, he fished his mobilphone out his pocket and wanted to take a picture of us.

He smiled but noticed my emotionless expression. His hands pulled on my lips to let a smile appear. My  mouth formed a straight line as a smile. Now I looked like a clown who tried to scare children with that evil grin. He giggled by himself while shaking his head.

  „That’s not what I want“, he said then played again with my lips.

This time half of my teeth were showing. I looked like a robot that tried to imitate a human smile but failed to do so, I looked more like a killer. His eyes grew wide, he laughed, was feeling slight tingle in his stomach from the laughing. His arms wrapped around his belly, with this he wanted to ease the tingle.

  „Just look natural“, his voice sounded as if he gave up.

He took my arm then placed it around his shoulders. Before I knew it my lips automatically moved on its own, they curved up to a smile. He took a picture of us and saved it as his new background. Only now did he realized that I smiled, what seemed to surprise him, a smile conjured on his own lips. I was satisfied that he was happy at that moment.

  „Where’re we going anyway?“, was my question to him.

  „You had your 19th birthday four weeks ago. I want to celebrate it with you since you returned.“

  „Just say you want to go on a date with me.“

His face reddened, I know I hited bull’s eyes. He tried to say something but every time he opened his mouth, the words won’t come out. „Forget it!“, he gave up, went out the apartment.

I followed him outside. The darkness was setting in, only half of the sun remained in the sky, shining on the wide skyline with his slight light. 

  „Which way?“, I pulled him to me but he freed himself out my embrace.

  „Not like that. I’m not accustomated to fly around like that. Last time you did that I almost puked. We’ll take your car.“

  „My car?“

  „I told you I couldn’t give your things away.“

We went in the garage, he took the cover off the black car. It was apparantly the vehicle my parents gave me as a present on my 18th birthday. We entered the car. After he gave me the address of our destination, I drove away.


 

On the way to our destination, Pete couldn’t avert his gaze from me. I knew he wanted to ask many questions but something blocked him from speaking up. Since I won’t answer him anyway, he shouldn’t try his luck to force answers out me.

  „I know you don’t like to tell me about your life as a vampire but I have many questions to ask you… Like how you spent the five months without me.“

I ignored the question as if I didn’t hear him. He eagerly waited for my reply but since I took long with the answer, he recognized that I won’t tell him anything. He just sighed and finally looked forward on the street.

  „There’s a reason why I can’t tell you everything“, was my answer.

  „Which reason?“

  „There’s a cod…“, I shutted my mouth. I shouldn’t say something I would regret later.

  „Fine then don’t say anything. It’s alright if you don’t trust me.“

Again I kept in silence. He didn’t say anything for a while either, I sensed how angry he was at my mysterious behaviour. A tense atmosphere filled the air, it didn’t matter that a silence broke between us but it disturbed me that Pete ignored me.

The reason why I can’t reveal him my life as vampire is because of the vampires codex. There're two important rules for vampires. First never have feelings, especially for a human. The second’s not to reveal our existence to a human. I already broke those two rules.

  „Did you kill Tong Chanthara?“

  „Why do you think so?“

  „His blood was s.u.c.k.e.d as if a vampire did his homework. You told me you was wachting me since 3 weeks so…“

I cut him off, „I didn’t kill him.“

He looked surprised, „Really? Then who killed him?“

  „I don’t know.“

It’s the truth that I wasn’t the murderer of Tong Chanthara. I really drank his blood but not to the state to kill him. Because I didn’t want to draw attention of others vampires on me, I couldn’t kill him. After he fell uncounscious I left him on the street for someone to help him. As I heard about his dead, I knew that somebody else, moreover a vampire murdered him after I went away. It was suspicous that’s why I’m searching for the vampire who killed him. I can’t tell Pete about it since I don’t want him to worry. I sensed danger coming.

  „I saw myself laying in a coffin when I woke up five months ago“, I finally answered to his previour question.  

The tense atmosphere between us cleared up, the casual mood returned. My answer seemed to loosen the tension between us.

  „Thanks god I convinced your parents not to cremate you“, he mumbled. „Why did your transformation took so long? I read it only take half to one day to turn into a vampire.“

  „I don’t know why it took so long. The only thing I couldn’t control was the strong hunger for blood as I crawled out the grave. While craving for blood, I wandered around to search for a prey.“

  „Who was your first victim?“

  „No need to know… However a guy took me under his wings, brought me out of Bangkok and thought me everything I needed to survive.“

  „Who was the guy?“

  „It’s better for you not to know anything about him.“

He took a deep breath then exhaled the air as if he was trying to controll himself to not snap at me. It seemed he didn’t want to argue like earlier. „Okay… Don’t you think your parents would be happy to know about you resurrecting from the dead? We should tell them about you“, he changed the topic.

  „Don’t even think about it!“, I growled.

My serious expression, especially my cold eyes brought him in silence again. He was scared at me. Damn it! I didn’t want to scare him. I calmed down. He just don’t understand anything. My parent would be killed if they found out about my existence. Pete you would be killed too. I just want to avoid your dead.    

  „Why not?“, he asked.

  „What would I tell them when they saw me, their dead son being a vampire?“

  „They would understand your situation.“

  „No is a no! Just accept it I cut ties with them.“

  „You cut ties with them? What do you mean?“

  „I don’t want to have any burden from my past life. Do you understand?“

He looked somehow hurt, lowered his voice, „Are you saying I’m a burden too?“. His voice raised a little bit, „If I’m such a burden to you then why did you return in Chiang Mai.“

  „The smell of your blood brought me here“, bursted out my mouth.

We finally arrived at our destination. A theatre bulding was before us, many people were standing outside the building. His sad expression was like a knive piercing through my heart, it left unbearable pain in my chest. I went with a hand through my hairs.

  „I had the feeling I left something important behind… That’s the reason for me to come back“, was my explanation for him.

The painful expression on his face disappeared, now he looked relieved and kind of happy too. I carefully grabbed on his chin then gently pulled him to me. Now his eyes were gleaming something, it was affection. I kissed him, it was brief but passionate enough to send chill over his body, good enough to bring a smile on his face.

  „It was you who brought me back“, I stole another kiss from his lips. This time the kiss lasted longer, sent a vibration down my body, let me feel hot for a moment. I didn’t want to part from him but hs m.o.a.n from lack of oxygene force me to broke the kiss.

I exited the car, he followed me outside.

  „Where’re we?“, I asked him.

  „At the theater. There’re going to perform a sword fight today. Since you liked everything packed with actions, I bought the tickets to surprise you on your birthday.“

How could I ever like something like that before? It can't be that I was such a weirdo?   

I was about to take the first step, he grabbed at my hand, „Wait…“, he brought a black sunglass out the car then put it over my eyes. „Humans don’t have dark lenses.“ 

We entered the building where many visitors who wanted to watch the show waited in a queue before the supervisors, they controlled the tickets. We lined up too. 

He hummed the song „happy“ sung by Pharell Williams. I was flabbergasted by his good mood, stared at him while he hummed the song, without him even noticing my eyes on him.

To see him so delighted by my side made my chest feel heavy. It wasn’t some heavy feelings but something else, as if my heart was beating again. Again this abnormal phenomea! I recalled to have those feelings before as human. I wanted to tell him about it, let him feel happy by it but I can’t do it. It’s better for him not to know about the emotions I felt toward him.

 

 


My comment: I wish everyone you a happy new year, hopefully many of the authors'll continue to write more and sweet EarnxPete fanfiction.

Happy New Year in German: Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr (Now I prepared everything, brought many fireworks for tomorrow. I'm already feeling sorry for the maid who've to clean up everything later, hope everything'll go smooth but I can't wait to read the funny events that'll happen at new Year, like a drunk man trying to tank his bike last year or a drunkard ran after me)