Time to heal

Lost Identity

She was right above me and came flying toward me. I placed my hand on her face and pressed her to the ground. The back of her head hitted hard on the ground, leaving a hole under her, she screamed in pain. She wheezed in agony, I took my hand from her face.

  „Don’t underestimate your opponent. You should’ve listen to your alpha’s warning to learn your enemy first before striking“, I lastly adviced her then took a few steps back.

I saw to her. She clenched on her chest and tried to stand up but failed on her many attempts. I distanced from her, nearing the forest where I left Pete.

  „Don’t underestimate me either“, she yelled, running like a crazy woman toward me.

I quickly took the gun out of the back of my Jeans, pulled the trigger and shot her without even batting my eye. The silver bullet pierced through her heart, she didn’t except this sudden attack, couldn’t even scream nor mutter a word. She just remained there like a statue and gazing at the hole inside her heart. Blood flew out of the shotwound, was filled with blood too. She staggered slowly toward me, forcing her feet to move to me. Finally she fell on the ground and gasped for air. Her breath became shallow, it faltered. Within a few seconds she turned back into her human form and took her last breath. It was now silent around her, she’s finally dead.

I put the gun back in my Jeans and ran fast as I could to Pete. Meanwhile he was uncouncious, cold and pale from his low body temperature. His breath became shallow but luckily the blood from the wound in his kidney staunched. My eyes turned back to black. I squatted down in front of him, gently touched and caressed on his cheek then carried him in my arms. He immediately wrapped his arms around me. Although he was uncouncious, he sensed me and let me carry him. I smiled then went in a lightning speed forward, arrived in the ruine my-so-called-hideout and sat down on the ground, leaning my back on the thick mural without letting go of him. A silent moment went by.   

  „I need your help“, I spoke in my mind. With the help of my telepathy ability I can communicate with everyone I want. This message was directed to someone I actually hate but needed at such desperate moment. Even if I don’t like him and felt ashamed to ask for his help, I needed him to save Pete. Damn it!  

  „Why should I help you?“, the very familiar voice replied back in my head. It was Jet’s voice. Unfortunately he was the only one who can help me save Pete.  

What was this arrogant attitude he was giving me?

  „Because Pete’s hurt… He’s badly hurt“, was my answer to his arrogant behaviour. The way I spoke to him revealed how furious I was at the moment. I was angry at Jet for letting Pete being abducted by one of his crazy werewolf, furious at Clara for hurting him, moreover I was angry at myself for letting him being in such danger.

Pete’s shallow breath drew my attention back to him, his lips were blue from lack of oxygen, he was paler than before from the heavy blood lost, blood dripped out of his mouth.

All the sudden I fixed my eyes to the entrance of the ruine. Someone was standing there. Jet! He ran to me, kneeling down before me, watching Pete’s pained face. His eyes went over the burn on my face then to the wound on my arm. His gaze went back to Pete.

  „What happened?“

  „Clara“, was the only answer I could give him.

  „What happened to her?“, he mumbled the question.

  „Did you think I would let her live after what she did to him.“

  „I see… She’s also dead“, he muttered.

He made a guilty expression, I ignored him for the time being.

  „Take him there“, I showed to the squared stone table in front of me.  

He laid his arms under Pete and wanted to carry him but Pete suddenly grabbed on my shoulder and refused to let go. It was clear, he didn’t want to part from me. His cute reaction brought a little smile on my lips.

Jet pulled him away from me, trying to force him out of the embrace.

  „What’re you doing?“, I asked him.

  „He should let you go.“

  „He won’t accept you if you force him“, I turned my attention to my boyfriend, lowered my voice „Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere. It’s just Jet.“

My soft voice seemed to calm him down, he hesitated before slowly letting go of me. Jet took him away from me and carefully laid him down on the stone table. He waited for me to let him know about my plan. My whole body ached, I gathered my last strength then went to them, standing in front of Jet.

  „I can heal him with my blood.“

  „Are you crazy?“, he snapped at me. „If you give him your blood, he'll die.“

  „Not when you give him your blood beforehand.“

  „Hä? How could it help him?“

What an idiot! He doesn’t even know what a vampire’s blood mixed with a werewolf’s blood can do to humans. „Your blood can prevent my blood to kill. it's like an antidote against my poison.“

  „I understand what you’re planing but it would be too painful for him.“

He would suffer for a few minutes because my blood is filled with deadly poison and would try to destroy his body but Jet’s blood could prevent it from killing him. I know he would be in big pain but I don’t have any other idea how to save him. He’ll die in fifteen minutes if we don’t do anything.

  „Do you have a better idea?“, I asked him.

He remained in silence, looked as if he was thinking for something helpful but I knew he didn’t have a better idea. My plan was the only solution we have right now. Pete’s heartbeat slowed down, his breath became louder and irregular. I gently on his forehead to assure him that I was right next to him.

  „Hang on there, Pete“, I whispered to him.

Jet’s one fingernail extended to claw, he cut on his wrist and let his blood drip on Pete‘s wound. I bit on my wrist, my blood flew on the wound too. All the sudden Pete lifted up his chest, screamed in agony and trembled all over his body. I held his hand and went with my other hand through his hair to soothe his pain a little bit.

Black snakelike fume rose in his vessel, it was the deadly poison of a vampire’s bite. This little amount can’t turn him into a vampire but instead kill him. With the help of a werewolf’s blood resting inside him, he would be immune against my poison. He’ll just have my poision and the werewolf’s blood slumbering inside him that can heal him if he’s wounded again.

The black snakelike fume moved in his veins, it began to attack his organs but Jet’s blood mixed with it and prevent it from poisoning his heart. They slowly closed the wound. Pete moaned in pain, screamed.

Sorry Pete.

My heart ached from watching him being in so much pain but I have to stay strong for him. Jet too couldn’t stay calm at this sight, he clenched his hands to fists and turned his head aside. The guilty expression again appeared on his face.

The wound finally closed completely, his vessel were filled with new blood. Jet sighed, looked somehow revealed. Pete calmed down, his breath became regular, his heartbeat sounded normal. He was fine now but still uncouncious.

  „Bring him home“, was an order for Jet.

  „He’ll search for you when he woke up.“

  „I know but don’t tell him where I was! Don’t bring him to me either even if he insisted on it!“

The reason I want Jet to bring him home was because of the wound all over my body. I should regain my strength to recover first before I show my face in front of him. It could last few days before I completely recover but until then I won’t let him near me and scare him with my condition.

Jet took him in his arms then went to the entrance of the ruine. I saw to Pete till they exited the ruine then went back to where I sat some minutes ago, sat down on the ground and bent my legs up. My eyes changed to the colour red, I closed my eyes, the burn on my face slowly healed.

 

 

 

 


My Note: I thank everyone for leaving comments under my story and hope you enjoy this chapter too... Actually my family and I should be in africa right now and enjoying our holiday in the hot weather there but I'm still in germany because this s*** embassy couldn't manage to send our passports with visa back on time. I lost too much money and am now depressed but I tried to avoid negative scene in the story...  The only things that can help right now are Make it right the series and Grey Rainbow the series :)

Like always don't feel shy to leave some comments (critics are welcomed too) :)