Fight

Lost Identity

Petes hands couldn’t stop shaking from fear. His hand moved on Jet’s back, firmly clenched on his T-Shirt, it was a movement that clearly showed his fear toward the new danger. At that moment he wasn’t afraid of the strange acting Jet but of the two werewolfs in front of him since they seemed more frightening. 

  „What’s… What’s going on?“, Pete managed to ask him.

  „You know where Earn’s waiting for you, right?“, Jet returned a question.

Pete was too shocked to speak so he just nodded as reply.

  „When I give you a signal, run to him. He’ll protect you from there“, he looked and smiled at him, „I’ll protect you from here“. A promise also! I hope he keep his promise and doesn’t let anything happen to him.

The man who came recently, stood there as a werewolf and growling at them. A threatening atmosphere laid around Pete and Jet, the silence that took over was too frightening to take a step forward. The two enemies growled, prepared themselves to strike soon.

Jet freed Pete out of his embrace, „Now run!“

Pete hesitated first but after seeing his best friend’s dead serious face, he couldn’t do anything than ran in my direction. Jet scream echoed in the air. This painful scream forced Pete to wait for a second after taking few steps. He took a deep breath, braved himself then turned back, only to find Jet’s body shape changing. He’s growing, his hairs grew longer to black fur, his cloths was tearing apart, he’s turning into a bigger werewolf than the enemies. Pete stiffened from shock, moved his mouth to speak but the shock was too big that he couldn’t mutter a word.

The left creature jumped toward them but flew past Jet and was coming toward Pete. The fear took over Pete, his froze on the spot and feet refused to move. He forced them to move but instead of running, he tripped over his foot and fell on his . The werewolf came flying to him, only a few steps separated them, now Jet jumped on the enemie. The alpha’s heavier body made them fall on the ground. Pete trembled all over his body. Jet bit on the neck of his fiend, the latter shrieked from pain. 

Pete quickly stood up, facing two enemies, one before him and the other behind him who didn’t move an inch but instead watched him the whole time.

Pete’s voice reached my ears. „Earn“, he called for me, more like for my help.  

It’s time for me to step in. I was about to run to Pete as my senses rang alarm, my eyes was suddenly fixed in the sky. I leaped backward to dogde the thing coming toward me. A heavy animal landed on the ground, at the spot I was just a second ago.  That was close! A third werewolf was in front of me, screaming bestial like a dangerous beast.

What the hell’s going on? Where did he come from?

The creature ran on his four legs to me, tried to bit on my neck. I waited till he was close to me then leaped over him and softly landed behind him. He reacted fast, swung his arm around and hit on my back. The heavy force tossed me aside, I controlled myself and pressed my feet on the ground to stand still.

! I shouldn’t fight here and hoping nothing’ll happen to him. It’s like I’m grambling with his life. I moved fast to him, came behind him. Again he wanted to rip the flesh from my neck, I quickly hold a silver knife out of my leather jacket, stabbed on his back and yanked the knife out of him. He screamed painfully, stepped back in safety.

Now it’s my chance to kill him.

I used my chance, hit him with my leg on the cheek. He was tossed aside, slammed his body on the ground. I jumped toward him then mercilessly rammed the silver knife in his chest, it pierced through his heart. There’s only one method to kill a werewolf: A silver knife piercing through his heart.

The werewolf let a painful, beastial scream out, fume came out of the wound. He panted, a few seconds after his breath became shallow. His eyes slowly lost its light, the gold colour changed to grey, they remained frozen on me. The heavy body under me shrinked, it transformed back to a corpse of a young man who laid under me.

  „Earn, help me“, Pete’s cry echoed in my eyes.

  „Pete“, I said then leaped from the rooftop down and ran fast to him.

I arrived in the park that was left in a chaos, few threes fell over, some bench were scattered. Only two persons were there, an injured werewolf laying on the ground and wheezing for air, claw marks were on his chest, his neck was ripped. The second person was a calm Jet who turned back in his human form, starring far away in the sky. The only injury he had receive was the bleeding bite mark on his right arm. Pete was missing. He wasn’t nowhere to be found, I couldn’t sense him in the proximity either.

Was I too late? Wait! I smelt his blood next to me. He was injured.

That fact made me angry, I clenched my hands into fists, went to Jet and angrily packed on his collar.

  „Where’s Pete?“

No answer from him! He seemed to be in shock. That he ignored my question made me seethe with rage.

  „Where’s he?“, I repeated with gritting teeth.

He finally lifted up his head, looked at me with his eyes filled with sadness. „She took him with her“, the words softly came out of his mouth.

  „Who?“

  „Clara…“

Now I understand what was going on! Clara must be the first werewolf who attacked them. My blood boiled from anger. Jet was too lenient toward Clara. How could he let her capture Pete?

My hands firmly grabbed on his collar. He didn’t try to free himself from my grip, he just watched me with empty eyes. it seemed like he was blaming himself for Pete’s disappearance.

  „I knew this would happen“, he said to me, made a short break then continued talking. „I knew she would use him against you that’s why I warned you. You should’ve keep your distance from him“, he laughed although he felt guilty and wretched too. „She wants you, not him!“ 

I let him go. Wham! It was my fist that I rammed on his cheek. He fell on his . „You lost controll, trust and respect from your pack. First, bring that mess in order!“, I told him, went to the second werewolf that meanwhile turned back in his human form and was crawling on his stomach.

I blocked his way, „Where did she bring him?“, I asked him.

He smiled, showing me his bloodied teeth. Mocking me? I pierced the silver knife through his heart, he died on the spot. I distanced from Jet but waited after a while.

  „If anything happens to him, I’ll kill you!“, was my last words to him. It was my last warning for him too.  I ran in a lightning speed in a direction, leaving the shocked alpha behind.

There’s a limit to my patience, she obviously crossed that line. I’m sorry for being too late, Pete. Please, be safe.

 

 

 


My comment: Sorry that it took long for the update but only now could I find time to continue the story.  My exam didn't go well (The first time I didn't do well in an exam so I was shocked) but my professor gave me another chance to change my grade so I'm happy and relieved. Thx for the wonderful, kind comments, subcriptions and votes.