My Identity

Lost Identity

Pete laid unconscious on a squared stone table that seemed to be an ancient altar, everywhere were ruins around us. I was leaning against the strong wall of the ruin, while eagerly waiting for Pete to wake up. His mobilphone vibrated in my pocket. A look on the screen showed that Jet's the one calling. Since half hour ago he started ringing and sending messages nonstop. This guy was irritating me, he doesn’t know to give up when someone doesn’t pick up the phone.

Pete’s fingers moved a little bit, he m.o.a.n.e.d, finally opened his eyes. The first thing he laid his eyes upon was the ancient roof over him. He carefully bent forward, touched on the bitemarks on his neck.

  „You finally woke up“, I spoke behind him.

He immediately turned to me, jumped on the ground, the fear he felt inside was written on his visage, he stepped back. I suddenly appeared behind him. He quickly turned back to me.

  „Who… Who’re you?“, he stuttered, the anxiety completely took over his voice.

  „I should be the one asking this question. Who’re you?“

Again he stepped back, I too took a step forward to him. I was close to him, he wanted to hit me on the chest, I reacted fast and grabbed his fist.

This guy’s annoying. Jeez! Why can’t he just remain calm? I was enraged about my state and now he was aggravating the situation by going against me. I squeezed his fist to give him a little pain. He made a pained face, tried to pull himself free by stepping back many times. Seing him hurt like that left a sharp pain in my heart but I remained cold to him. I have to scare him if I want him to tell me the truth.

  „If you do that again, I’ll break your arm. Do you understand?“

His m.o.a.n became louder. He nodded, I let go of him. His feet reacted on its own and took few steps backwards til his back touched against the thick mural. I went in a flash to him, placed my palm beside his ear on the wall. Our faces were so close that our noses almost grazed against each others. All my attention was on him, it was impossible to take my look from him. There came a sweet oriental but addicting smell from him,  it wasn't soke kind of perfume but his own body that produced this sweet smell and filled the air with it. Mhm, so damn good, so charming! A smell exactely like this of water lilies, seductive and slightly alluring too, it satisfied me from inside, tried to took over my sanity.

Damn Pete, what kind of spell did you use on me? I wanted to come closer to him and sniff more of it on his neck, the spot where the sweet smell of his body and his blood were stronger but I held myself back to not fall on him. After all he was someone I wanted to use and not satisfy myself with.  While I was fighting with my lust, his warm breath brushed against my skin, left an amazing good feeling on me too. Actually I shouldn’t feel any body temperature since I wasn’t a  human but I can feel how warm he was. All that made if difficult for me to contain myself and keep away from him. 

He stared at my pale skin, my dark lenses. I knew from his look what he was thinking about me. He surely thought I looked like an intact corpse who just arose from its deep sleep and was now wandering around the world.

When our eyes crossed over, he averted his gaze from me. I held him on the chin. He trembled for just a few seconds, it was a cold-shock caused by my cold temperature. I turned his face back to me. He should face me and tell me who I was.

  „Earlier you called me Earn. Why?“

  „You’re not Earn!“, his loud voice echoed in the entire place.

I smirked, „You called me Earn yourself. Why do you think I’m him?“

He ignored my question. Alright, you chose to act stubborn then I don’t have the choice as being rough to you. I packed him on the neck, lifted him up and squeezed on his neck. He gasped for air, desperately scratched at my arm to free himself. The scratchs he left on my arm just healed within a second. His lips turned blue from lack of oxygen, he m.o.a.n.e.d in pain.  

Again this heartache and heavy feelings loaded on my chest while I was hurting him. My instinct urged me to not hurt him anymore otherwise I would regret it later. I let him fall on the b.u.t.t. He panted heavily while coughing. I turned my back on him, sighed and moved my hand through my hair. The dark leather bracelet around my wrist came to light. A warm hand touched the bracelet, this sudden touch surprised me. I turned around. Pete was standing in front of me, he held my arm then sadly on the bracelet.     

  „Where did you get that bracelet?“

  „It was on me when I woke up.“

Tears filled his eyes. „You shouldn’t have this. I gave it him back before he was burried... Earn died five month ago... You can’t be him.“

Somehow I felt helpless and angry too for not being able to calm him down, I don't even know the reason why I cared so much for him. He sobbed in silence, the tears fell on me. My arm felt warm. Impossible! Since when can my temperature raise? I’m just a corpse.

  „You’re confusing me. Why does Earn and you look so alike? How did you get access to his belonging? Who’re… What’re you?“

I wanted to give him answers to his questions but I don’t have any infos about myself. I just know what kind of creature I was. He’s the one who can provide with me more informations about me and Earn, his dead boyfriend.

  „How did Earn die?“, was my next question.

The tears suddenly stopped rolling down, he froze on the spot. He was clearly avoiding this question. Why was he hiding the reason for Earn’s death? I saw something silver around his wrist. When he was about to went away from me, I quickly get a hold of his hand. I pulled the sleeve of his Shirt u. A silver bracelet that looked like mine was around his wrist.

  „I saw this before“, I told him.

All the sudden I remembered something: Pete happily glanced at the silver bracelet he just got as a gift. A young man who had a black bracelet around his wrist, was before him, he gently held him on the hips. Pete crossed his arms around the person’s nape. They smiled to each other then passionately kissed on the lips.   

  „I love you“, the person confessed to Pete.

  „I love you too, Earn.“

The face of the young man was now clearly. It was… Earn, no… It was me.

My head ached, the pain was too strong to take. Since I was too weak, Pete easily pulled himself away from me. My fangs stood out, he jerked away from surprise. I screamed bestial like a wild creature that’s about to go on a rampage and strike any second. Pete was scared of me, I could see and sense it. He stepped back then ran away. Before he exited the ruin, he threw a look at me, he seemed to be worried about me. He stepped to me but waited, was unsure if he shoultd come back to me but he took the step back then fled.

I saw to him til he disappeared from my view. Now it dawned in my head: The dead Earn and I are the same person. No wonder I had memories from Pete, his, no my boyfriend. But why did I lose my memories in the first place?

But Pete... You can't run away from me!

 

 

 

 

My comment: Thanks for the wonderful and sweet comments about my story. It made me happy that you like it, I hope you'll support me/the story by giving feedbacks :)