Revealation

Lost Identity

Pete came out the university. I stood beside a tree, patiently waiting for him to approach me. He was alone. Jet, his bodyguard, was nowhere to be found, he must still be in the university. This was my opportunity to take him with me, I went in a lighning speed to him, covered his mouth with a hand and disappeared with him. We appeared in a lonely corner where I could avoid passengers. Everything went so fast that he couldn’t fight against me.

He looked surprised to see me again, „Why you?“, he searched on the corner I brought him for an escape.

  „Don’t think of fleeing again. I won’t let you escape like last time“, I warned him.

His voice softened, „Why can’t you leave me alone?“

  „You think I’ll let you go so easily? We have unfinished business.“

  „What do you want from me?“

  „I’m Earn, your dead boyfriend, right?“

He smiled then shook his head. The smile faded away, „You’re not Earn. He’s dead“, he said through gritted teeth.

  „You know I’m him.“

  „No, you’re not“, he yelled. He lowered his voice, „You just look like him. Who’re you anyway?“

  „You know I’m Earn but you’re denying the fact that Earn and I are the same person.“

  „It’s impossible! A dead person can’t arise from hell.“

  „You already noticed what I’m, right? In those last two days I saw you reading books about a special creature.“

  „Vampire“, he mumbled.

  „Before we met, I was in your apartement and searched through your belongings one week ago. There were many books about vampires, vampire’s bitemarks and the progress of the transformation into a vampire. You studied everything about them. Do you know what I found interesting?“

His eyes were directed on the ground. From this reaction I noticed that I was right with my thought. 

  „You aren’t intrigued in mystical beings but bought many books about vampires four months ago, just a month after Earn’s dead.“

  „What’s your point?“

  „My point is you already knew vampire exist but choose to act clueless.“

His calm expression changed into a serious one. This reaction diclosed everything: I guessed correct. He knows vampires exist. This fragil boy isn’t clueless at all. He knows many things going around in the world but plays the innocent guy. Interesting! He’s more clever than I thought. No wonder I dated him before I died.

  „How did you find out about my secret?“, was his question to me.

His reaction when we first met revealed his secret to me. When he saw me for the first time, instead of fleeing, he just stood there and watched me as if he saw a Deja-Vu. He wasn’t scared at my fangs but was more shocked about my face that exactely looked like the dead Earn's.

  „How did you find out about vampires?“, this time I gave him a question. 

  „It doesn’t matter how I found out about them. It’s more important to know what they did to me“, his hands clenched in to fists. He was furios at someone as if he would kill the person if he spots him. I really want to find out who he wanted to kill that much.

  „Now tell me everything about Earn.“

He gazed at my face as if he was searching for something. When he didn’t find anything, he gave me a disappointed smile. „Earn wasn’t anything like you. He was gentle and hilarious. You’re cold and cruel that’s why I think you’re two different person.“

Silence laid around us. Footsteps of someone could be heard in the proximity, it broke the silence between us. Someone was coming closer to us.

  „Pete?“, the person screamed. It was Jet.

  „Damn it“, I cursed in my mind.

  „P'J…“, before Pete could end the sentence, I covered his mouth with a hand.

  „Shuh!“, I shutted him up.

He tried to call for help by screaming many times through my hand. His rescue attempt was in vain. I laid an arm around his back, pulled him closer to me till no space was left between us then made a jump on a branch of a tree. His bag fell down. I jumped high in the sky.

  „Let me down!“, he shouted. "Damn it, let me down!"

He hitted on my back but as he glanced down and realized how high we were in the sky, his eyes widened from surprise. He immediately became stiff, clinged on to me like a scared little child who just had a nightmare about a monster and hugged her father to be safe from the monster. This action of him brought a little smile on my lips.

I gently landed in a meadow, carefully placed him on the soft grass. His head was spinning around, he went away from me and coughed many times. He wanted to puke from the dizziness but nothing came up. His angry face was fixed on me.    

 „You know what I studied about blood-s.u.c.k.e.r.s too? How to kill them“, it souded like he was threatening me.

How sweet! My lips curved up, a little smirk formed.

  „Garlic! They’re afraid of garlic.“

This killing method left me flabbergasted. I wanted to laugh but couldn’t do so, I just smirked brightly. He’s apparantly funny too, this Pete.

  „Where did you dig up that b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t? Garlic can’t do anything to us.“

  „I have another ace up in my sleeve. What about holy water and crosses?“, his hand found its way in his pocket, he approached me while searching for something in the pocket.

As he was ready to show me the surprise, I grabbed his closed hand and opened it. A cross was in his palm. I held the cross, it burned my skin, fume came out the burn. It hurted but it wasn’t anything like the pain I felt whenever I remember about the past. That cross just hurted like a needle that pierced through my skin, it was nothing more than that.

  „You can’t scare me with that s.h.i.t“, I tossed the cross aside, „You’re not strong enough for me. I’ll teach you something more effective. If you want to kill a  vampire“, my finger pointed on his chest, „You have to ram a wooden stake in his heart. It should pierce his heart“, I softly spoke to him.  

After my explanation, silence filled the air again. My face got closer to him, our lips almost touched each others. A fresh wind blew by, it brushed against our bodies. Pete’s eyes beamed some kind of affection. He was expecting a kiss, I wanted the same. He bitted on his lower lip. Gosh, he looked too seductive! His sweet face, his gentle eyes, his long eyelashes, his genuine but charming smile, his red lips, his s*x.a.p.p.e.a.l, they were all too tempting. I wanted to caress him so much. This goosebumps all over my body surprised me, it felt awkward too. What was this oddness I was feeling toward him? It was the first time I felt like that toward a human.

My hand moved to him, it touched his cheek, my thump tenderly s.t.r.o.k.e.d on his skin. His soft warm skin, I remembered to have touched it many times before. He approached me with his head, slightly parted the lower lip from the upper lip. I tilted my head slightly aside, opened my mouth a little bit, my lips were placed on his. We remained like this for a few second as if we were tasting each others lips first. I was about to kiss him, he suddenly gasped in shock, went away from me, turned his back on me and shook his head.

  „He’s not Earn“, he repeated over and over.

Pete, I wanted to touch you so much, leaving many hickeys on you. It was the first time in five months I wished to have someone in my life, it was him that I desired so much. I wanted to be by his side and calm him that everything would be alright. He turned back to me, showed me his sad expression.

  „Why’re you doing this to me?“

  „Pete“, it was the first time I called his name, the first time I was gentle to him, the first time I wanted to be there for him.

All the sudden he held on his chest, gave me a painful expression. „Earn“, his feeble voice called my name.

He wheezed in pain, I was immediately in full alert. He screamed in agony, sunk to his knees, painfully clenched on to his chest. His head was spinning around, he desperately gasped for air. I ran to him, laid an arm around his back before he hitted on the ground. Blood stasis was clearly visible in the vein on his neck. I can see how fast his heart was thumping.

  „Pete? Pete?“, was my trying of waking him up by calling him over and over. I was angry at myself for not being able to help him, I can't take his pain away.

Pete, what’s wrong with you? You never had something like that before. What happened to you after I died? This thought crossed over in my mind. I don’t know why I was sure it was the first time I saw him hurt like that but I just knew from my memories that he never was that ill before as I was alive. An idea dawned in my head: Jet could help him.

I carried him in my arms then ran in a lighning speed to Frank, the barkeeper’s house where Jet was at the moment. I carefully laid him in front of the entrance, leaned his head against the door, rang on the door bell and jumped high on a rooftop before the door was opened. Pete closed his eyes, he m.o.a.n.e.d in pain, was panting heavily. His lips were slightly blue. Jet came outside. 

  „Pete?“, he called him when he noticed his condition. „Please no, not that again.“

Without losing much time, he lifted him up, brought him in his car that was parked on the side street. All the sudden his eyes were fixed on the rooftop I was standing. His piercing evil eyes almost was too scary, sure he was enraged. He looked like he wanted to kill the person who made Pete like that on the spot. He went in the car and drove away. I smirked, I just saw someting interesting.

  „You noticed me standing on the rooftop, didn’t you?, this question was about Jet’s little act he played.

That guy, he wasn’t clueless as he was acting all the time because he already knew that I turned into a vampire. A normal human isn’t capable of giving me such a penetrating gaze like he just did. He’s not a human either, he’s  a creature of the darkness, just like me.